Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches?

Some people aren’t self motivated and need help getting that fire going. Would you take that away from those who need help?

Many of Neyland Stadium’s greatest comebacks began with some boos. 2013 Georgia. 2015 Georgia. 2024 Florida. Whether the booing helped the coaches pull their heads from their arses, or it woke the players from their hangovers; The reality of the poor performance brought the team back to life in the nick of time.

And I don’t think anyone can take the booing personally. It’s live feedback on team performance.
I assume you accidentally left the blue font off?

Reactions: adam.vol
I assume you accidentally left the blue font off?

I didn’t want it to be read as thick sarcasm. I don’t agree with the censorship or the suppression of Neyland Stadium’s energy. I felt my examples were on par with the OP’s examples as far as generalizations go.

Maybe I should try light blue and hope people know I’m trying to make a point without lowering myself to SNL-like cheesiness. That would be ideal to me.

I was at the Florida game and I heard 2 justified boos toward our team. The first was when we ran 3 straight run plays and never came anywhere close to a 1st down and the second was when our punt returner had 20 yards of open field in front of them and they freaking called a fair catch.

When you see things that are completely out of line and not expected from our team then I think the booing is justified. If they were my own kids they would get their screens taken away the rest of the week. But because they are not my kids then all I can do is booooo.

If you pay for the outrageous ticket, you can cheer or boo all you want. If they don't want to get booed , then coach and play better.

If I’m booing, it’s either going to be at officiating, foul play, or outrageous prices.

Lackluster play may play a role in me booing the ticket pricing while some large guy’s knees are in my back after he returned from using the new stainless pee troughs which are nastier than the old ones.

Reactions: vols 30
Would you boo if your son or grandson was part of the team? If you wouldn't boo your own, don't boo somebody elses. Would you use profanity and act a fool if you had a young child or grandchild watching and listening? if you wouldn't subject your own to that, don't subject somebody elses.

Would you boo if your son or grandson was part of the team? If you wouldn't boo your own, don't boo somebody elses. Would you use profanity and act a fool if you had a young child or grandchild watching and listening? if you wouldn't subject your own to that, don't subject somebody elses.
Most players will tell you their fathers will chew them a new one if they do something on the field that they were not taught to do. Dads of competitive players are always hard on them and chew them out when they do wrong. But if you're a real man you take your lumps and learn from it. My boo won't mean anything to them compared to disappointing their parents.

Ask coach Prime's son who he fears more his father or some fan booing when he screws up.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches. I also get frustrated with players and especially play calling but it looks bad to recruits and the players.
This post my dear friend
Is p!$$!n’ in the wind.
This post is just p!$$!n’ in the wind

IMG_5229.gif

People need to understand something critical and important. These are no longer amateur athletes. They are PAID PROFESSIONALS. Hell you're now paying an extra 10% for the privilege of having these players on your team. If you would boo at an NFL game then there's no reason not to boo at a college game. There's zero difference between the two save about a mear 2 or 3 years of age.

There are hundreds of NFL players that don't make as much money as Nico does.

Most players will tell you their fathers will chew them a new one if they do something on the field that they were not taught to do. Dads of competitive players are always hard on them and chew them out when they do wrong. But if you're a real man you take your lumps and learn from it. My boo won't mean anything to them compared to disappointing their parents.
There's much truth to your post, but that has always been prevalent from Dads at the lower levels. Almost forever, great coaches have picked up that slack at the highest levels. Bill Belicheck would absolutely rip Brady. There were a few seasons when Brady would have some terrible games, looking like he was done. WTF, they would win the Superbowl in some of those seasons. Brady has often stated how Bill was in his ass in those seasons when he wasn't getting it done

People need to understand something critical and important. These are no longer amateur athletes. They are PAID PROFESSIONALS. Hell you're now paying an extra 10% for the privilege of having these players on your team. If you would boo at an NFL game then there's no reason not to boo at a college game. There's zero difference between the two save about a mear 2 or 3 years of age.
Tons of differences in development. Face it. You shouldn't have hit "send"🤭🤭🤭

Not in this instance, if you give a damn about distinction and nuance. Extremely uninformed take. Sorry 🤷
My take is informed by my life experience. Money changes everything. Now there is an ROI tied to every one of these players and huge sums of money that have to be managed diligently otherwise the program will fall behind better managed programs and UT is back in the dumpster fire. With a due respect to you, I don't think you understand the new world of college football. It's not amateur anymore.

My take is informed by my life experience. Money changes everything. Now there is an ROI tied to every one of these players and huge sums of money that have to be managed diligently otherwise the program will fall behind better managed programs and UT is back in the dumpster fire. With a due respect to you, I don't think you understand the new world of college football. It's not amateur anymore.
Yeah, I understand it fine. You have no concept of the difference in a college player with a NIL deal and a professional NFL player with a $$$ contract to perform his craft on Sundays. The amount of time a professional player spends practicing, crafting and developing his skills, not to mention the time spent watching film and having meetings with positional coaches is exponentially more than a college player. That's just one distinctive difference. There are others too. Yeah, you really don't have a clue and tried to sound smart about it

Can we please stop booing our own players and coaches. I also get frustrated with players and especially play calling but it looks bad to recruits and the players.
Can we also stop booing our own band when they play the other team’s fight song in what has - for I don’t know how long - been one of UT’s traditions of doing such as as show/spirit of southern hospitality to the visitor.

It just ends up being our fans booing our own band.

Yeah, I understand it fine. You have no concept of the difference in a college player with a NIL deal and a professional NFL player with a $$$ contract to perform his craft on Sundays. The amount of time a professional player spends practicing, crafting and developing his skills, not to mention the time spent watching film and having meetings with positional coaches is exponentially more than a college player. That's just one distinctive difference. There are others too. Yeah, you really don't have a clue and tried to sound smart about it
You just proved my point that you still live in the past. The program that manages their NIL fund the best and allocates their dollars to the players that perform the best the quickest will win the new world of college football.

Also how much time an NFL player spends honing his craft is not comparable here. In the NFL every single player is an NFL level player. Only 2% of college football players make it to the NFL. Not drafted, I mean ever put in an NFL uniform. You don't need to spend every waking hour honing your craft to shred teams that consist of 98% players that also don't spend every waking hour honing their craft and will never be that good. That's why you see so many QB shred the college game and completely fail in the NFL. It's all about how much money you give to the players that perform right now. If you can't do that effectively you will never ever win with consistency in the new NCAA.

VN Store

Back