Candace Owens Rips Lil Nas X’s ‘Satan Shoes’: ‘Nobody Has The Courage To Tell Black America The Truth’

You just kinda gotta chuckle at music snobs and move on with your life. I would bet $ that Dink likes some musical acts that are just as popcorn as Weezer.

I mean, I enjoy listening to certain artists but recognize that their music has no real artistic value, like Steve Winwood.

I'm hardly a snob in that regard. I do listen to a lot more music and a wider variety of genres than the majority of people I know.

Last edited:
The best rapper in the game today who speaks all the truth gets 6M views for calling out the terrible culture of hip hop. Nas gets 100M views for whatever nonsense that was. Just because music is popular doesn't mean it is good. Cardi B has stayed on top with WAP forever, and that is absolute gutter trash music. And I'm not a snob, I like Key Glock, Dolph, Wiz, etc. I'm just aware what I'm consuming is nonsense. Give it a listen.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I mean, I enjoy listening to certain artists but recognize that their music has no real artistic value, like Steve Wynewood.

I'm hardly a snob in that regard. I do listen to a lot more music and a wider variety of genres than the majority of people I know.

Clearly, Weezer isn't the highest level of music, but Pinkerton is objectively an all-time great album. I appreciate them because they try to do new and old things that they haven't tried in order to stay fresh. Blue and Green albums are pretty similar but Pinkerton, Maladroit, Red Album, White Album, EWBAItE, and Make Believe are all pretty different from each other in style and theme. The hits that get radio play from each album all kinda sound like same old Weezer, and I would have dropped Weezer along time ago if that reflected who they are, but the other stuff is not that way and it's worth sticking around for.

Clearly, Weezer isn't the highest level of music, but Pinkerton is objectively an all-time great album. I appreciate them because they try to do new and old things that they haven't tried in order to stay fresh. Blue and Green albums are pretty similar but Pinkerton, Maladroit, Red Album, White Album, EWBAItE, and Make Believe are all pretty different from each other in style and theme. The hits that get radio play from each album all kinda sound like same old Weezer, but the other stuff is not that way.

Say it aint so is their best song IMO.

Clearly, Weezer isn't the highest level of music, but Pinkerton is objectively an all-time great album. I appreciate them because they try to do new and old things that they haven't tried in order to stay fresh. Blue and Green albums are pretty similar but Pinkerton, Maladroit, Red Album, White Album, EWBAItE, and Make Believe are all pretty different from each other in style and theme. The hits that get radio play from each album all kinda sound like same old Weezer, but the other stuff is not that way.

You can certainly do a world worse than Weezer. I don't think they suck. Pinkerton's the meat of their substance. I just don't understand the intense love of their fan base.

Also working in bars for ten years wore me down with their hits. Rivers Cuomo's voice triggers me.

I mean, I enjoy listening to certain artists but recognize that their music has no real artistic value, like Steve Wynewood.

Spencer Davis group years?

You can certainly do a world worse than Weezer. I don't think they suck. Pinkerton's the meat of their substance. I just don't understand the intense love of their fan base.

Also working in bars for ten years wore me down with their hits. Rivers Cuomo's voice triggers me.

It's crazy to me how successful they are now. The first 3 times I saw them there were fewer than 10k in attendance and when I saw them in 2019 it was 20k+ and they were the headliner. The fan base is rabid and I can't even call myself a fan next to some of those loons, because I don't measure up.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Weezer was my first concert without my parents as a 13 YO moshing and crowd surfing at the Knoxville Amphitheater, and I've never stopped loving them:

I was there too. Awesome concert. Saw them at Ryman in Nashville and it was the best

I was there too. Awesome concert. Saw them at Ryman in Nashville and it was the best

The one with Teenage Fan Club in 1995? I was literally 5' away from Rivers and didn't know it. He was walking with a cane then (had no idea about his impairment) and he looked homeless. I was like, "how did that guy get in?" And then he was on stage an hour later.

I saw them during the carnival tour and they were pretty good. Maybe it was bad when you saw them because they were close to breaking up.

GNR is by far the best band I have ever seen live and it wasnt even close. Their concert at Nissan was amazing. Bon Jovi at Firestone was very good too but not as good. I have seen Aerosmith twice live, both during the 80s and 90s, and both times I was not very impressed. Oddly the most fun I have ever had was going to ICP concerts as a kid and getting drenched in Faygo but that is a completely different type of experience.

I have always wanted to see Kiss and elton john but it's never happened.

Two best concerts I have ever been to. First was AC/DC at the ARCO arena in 1990 on the Razors Edge tour. And the second was, Dream Theater in 2005 for their Ovtavarium album.

Reactions: NEO and PEPPERJAX
What was everyone's last concert before the world ended?
Stone Temple Pilots in 2000. I didn't get the fascination with live music. Always came out of concerts with a terrible headache and ear ringing that lasted for days.

I remember I went to Knoxville with friends in 2006 or 2007 for either the Alabama or Arkansas game. Went to both but can't remember which trip. We stayed in Nashville on the way because Motley Crue was playing. My friends went. I chose to stay at the hotel and watch the Cardinals in the playoffs. I didn't care about live music, but certainly not hair bands from the 80s.

Cannibal corpse November 26, 2019 in ATL at the masquerade with thy art is murder and perdition temple. Heavy as FK!

Unless the guttural screaming is a cornerstone for you when it comes to metal, you should give this a listen:

I'm a sludge/melodic guy when it comes to modern metal, and this brither/sister duo ****in' crushes souls.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Stone Temple Pilots in 2000. I didn't get the fascination with live music. Always came out of concerts with a terrible headache and ear ringing that lasted for days.

I remember I went to Knoxville with friends in 2006 for either the Arkansas or Alabama game. Went to both but can't remember which trip. We stayed in Nashville on the way because Motley Crue was playing. My friends went. I chose to stay at the hotel and watch the Cardinals in the playoffs.

This makes me feel grateful for my natural half deafness. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't physically enjoy live music. That was easily the toughest aspect of the past year for me.

Unless the guttural screaming is a cornerstone for you when it comes to metal, you should give this a listen:

I'm a sludge/melodic guy when it comes to modern metal, and this brither/sister duo ****in' crushes souls.

The guttural vocals are cool. I like all eras of rock, but death metal is my favorite. The blast beats and fast pace guitar never get old. Thanks for the VID.

VN Store

Back