Chris Hatcher

Marrone has a history with Tennessee so there is that connection. However, I think he wants to be a NFL coach and that's not going to happen by going to the Hill. Thank you SOS, Saban, and Petrino.
If offered Marrone would come...According to Doug Matthews he will be getting a phone call to....Matthews also said that this hire won't take place before mid Jan for what it's worth...

Ok.. I like Marrone also. But, why would he leave NO for the same job in the NCAA?
BTW his resume is awesome.

I've been wanting to start a thread for him, but haven't so far out of principle. :p

I doubt we'll step this far out of the box, but IMO he'd be a good fit.

Pardon my hungover stupidity.....but WTF has Chris Hatcher done to warrant UT to consider him for OC.....Are you guys out of your mind? If Hamilton/Fulmer break tradition and actually hire from the outside....Now is the chance to get what we have all been wanting...someone to really make a difference and take over when the Philopotamus leaves....I seriously doubt Chris HAtcher is the man for that.....now is when we go after a No SH** OC from either the NFL or another DIV-1 school

I love the idea of Hatcher, but would he really consider the job a step up for him? He seems to be in line for a head coaching position. Would we be looking for a new OC in a year or 2 if he is successful?

I love the idea of Hatcher, but would he really consider the job a step up for him? He seems to be in line for a head coaching position. Would we be looking for a new OC in a year or 2 if he is successful?

That's a possibility. The thing is though, that's the way it works everywhere else. I'd say the lack of turnover we've had with assistant coaches at Tennessee is not the norm.

I know coach hatcher personally, He is an honest, down to earth good ole boy. His offense is dynamic and explosive. He adapts to what his players can do, not to try to make his players fit his system. This year, Jayson Foster ran all over the place running a spread option type, that isnt really the hatch attack as we have named it. In Coach Hatcher's first season, he did wonderful. Last season we were 3-8. This season our losses early on to UTC and Elon were us trying to establish who we were, and they came in overtime. We went to App state and beat them (who btw won the FCS NC) we went and beat wofford, then we would have won the conference but our kicker messed up a field goal, and then we took colorado state to the wire barely lost there. Chris Hatcher is going to do great things at Georgia Southern, for people to not consider him is stupid. And for all of you that say hes nothing because hes a I-AA coach, well obviously you havent paid that much attention to coaches that start in I-AA i mean tressell was at Youngstown state, and was very good at loosing to Paul Johnson at Georgia Southern in championship games

I know coach hatcher personally, He is an honest, down to earth good ole boy. His offense is dynamic and explosive. He adapts to what his players can do, not to try to make his players fit his system. This year, Jayson Foster ran all over the place running a spread option type, that isnt really the hatch attack as we have named it. In Coach Hatcher's first season, he did wonderful. Last season we were 3-8. This season our losses early on to UTC and Elon were us trying to establish who we were, and they came in overtime. We went to App state and beat them (who btw won the FCS NC) we went and beat wofford, then we would have won the conference but our kicker messed up a field goal, and then we took colorado state to the wire barely lost there. Chris Hatcher is going to do great things at Georgia Southern, for people to not consider him is stupid. And for all of you that say hes nothing because hes a I-AA coach, well obviously you havent paid that much attention to coaches that start in I-AA i mean tressell was at Youngstown state, and was very good at loosing to Paul Johnson at Georgia Southern in championship games

Think there's any chance he'd come to UT?

You're being serious about what this guy promises? We don't play the likes of Elon or UTC, but we could face Colorado State and I'd like to think we'd be favored even if we didn't have a 'hatch attack.'

This Tressell example is getting a little tiring. He was in no way OSU's first choice and they were kinda settling for him. You guys do know... that's an exception and not a rule.

losses to UTC and Elon....yeah he's ready for the NCAA.

First of all, Ga Southern is in the NCAA so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Second of all, you obviously have no earthly idea about the situation he walked into or any of the success he has had previously or the fact that he's been a QB coach at two Division 1A schools alread.

You're being serious about what this guy promises? We don't play the likes of Elon or UTC, but we could face Colorado State and I'd like to think we'd be favored even if we didn't have a 'hatch attack.'

This Tressell example is getting a little tiring. He was in no way OSU's first choice and they were kinda settling for him. You guys do know... that's an exception and not a rule.

Colorado State gave Cal a better game than UT did this year.

Well, we shouldn't expect to hire a guy who could beat a team like Elon who knows how to run the spread.
I'd take your argument seriously if I had any confidence that you actually knew the first thing about Hatcher's resume. I really doubt he even gets a shot, but that doesn't change the fact that IMO he's going to be a great hire for somebody.

I'd take your argument seriously if I had any confidence that you actually knew the first thing about Hatcher's resume. I really doubt he even gets a shot, but that doesn't change the fact that IMO he's going to be a great hire for somebody.

You guys have been posting it here for weeks. He may be a great up and comer, but we could have a shot at some folks who are already there.

I just don't want UT to be somebody's on-the-job training stop.

You guys have been posting it here for weeks. He may be a great up and comer, but we could have a shot at some folks who are already there.

I just don't want UT to be somebody's on-the-job training stop.

Hatcher has been running offenses for years, whereas Kippy Brown did it one year and was then quickly relegated to position coaching. Who would be getting the on the job training?

Hatcher has been running offenses for years, whereas Kippy Brown did it one year and was then quickly relegated to position coaching. Who would be getting the on the job training?

Oh, man, there is a HUGE difference in the talent level that we are comparing here.

Teaching lesser talented players the basics in NOT the same thing as teaching world-class athletes how to become pro-bowlers.

You're really under-estimating KB's potential and accomplishments.

VN Store

Back