Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

What’s a good red wine to try? Nothing dry or to sweet and something with a good after taste..??

When I go into the liquor store and see so many different choices, I usually just decide to buy nothing. I’ve never really been much on wine but I’d like to try something good in the criteria I wrote above.
My two personal choices are Madera 5 year Bual and Sandeman's 10/20/30/ or 40 year ports. Both are considered to be dessert wines.

I've only been able to find the Bual at Total Wines over in Turkey Creek. That place is friggin amazing! They do have a humidor also, however, limited.

We’ll have to side bar on wines. Medium body dry reds that are softer on the palate include Merlot, Zinfandel, and Spanish Tempranillo.

Reactions: loggervol
My two personal choices are Madera 5 year Bual and Sandeman's 10/20/30/ or 40 year ports. Both are considered to be dessert wines.

I've only been able to find the Bual at Total Wines over in Turkey Creek. That place is friggin amazing! They do have a humidor also, however, limited.

Thanks malin, I’ll give Sandeman’s a try.

Reactions: malinoisvol
We’ll have to side bar on wines. Medium body dry reds that are softer on the palate include Merlot, Zinfandel, and Spanish Tempranillo.

Is there something you’d recommend?

I have to ask, what jump badge is that? I used to know them all but I’ve forgotten most of the badges. I know it’s not a jump master but I can’t remember the jump wings with a shield.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Is there something you’d recommend?

I have to ask, what jump badge is that? I used to know them all but I’ve forgotten most of the badges. I know it’s not a jump master but I can’t remember the jump wings with a shield.
USPA

Reactions: loggervol
I’m on a binge. Yard work is prompting me to end my days with a libation and a cigar. This afternoon, it’s a Quorum Gordo and tintó veranó. With “short filler” budget cigars, I recommend using a punch (my “bullet” is my friend). 😉

The last week. Some favorites and Laranaja, a very tasty new pick. Not as strong on the chocolate profile as a stick like the Pledge though still there more like milk chocolate but has cedar cinnamon and leather and a touch of citrus. Also decadent billows of smoke. Great construction.
IMG_2154.jpeg
IMG_2160.jpegIMG_2163.jpegIMG_2164.jpeg

The last week. Some favorites and Laranaja, a very tasty new pick. Not as strong on the chocolate profile as a stick like the Pledge though still there more like milk chocolate but has cedar cinnamon and leather and a touch of citrus. Also decadent billows of smoke. Great construction.
View attachment 547790
View attachment 547792View attachment 547793View attachment 547794
The Laranja has my interest. Thanks. I’ll look for it.

This afternoon, after installing 70’ of fence screen and digging out volunteer poison ivy, I’m enjoying another Quorum Gordo with a bit of The Tyrconnell Irish Whiskey.

Well a basket of joy came today from the 5 pack special mentioned above. $4 a stick for each of these.
Caldwell, The King is Dead
R and J
Black markets are not bad at all and I am a sucker for the perfectos
Couple of Monte's
Kristoff Ligero Maduro
and H Upmann 1844 reserves
IMG_2175.jpeg

Last edited:
Well a basket of joy came today from the 5 pack special mentioned above. $4 a stick for each of these.
Caldwell, The King is Dead
R and J
Black markets are not bad at all and I am a sucker for the perfectos
Couple of Monte's
Kristoff Ligero Maduro
and H Upmann 1844 reserves
View attachment 548437
Nice, especially the 1844 UPMANN.

VN Store

Back