Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Never smoked a Kristoff. Dark like a Maduro. Did you enjoy?

That one is a maduro leaf and . the wrapper is from the ligero (top) part of the plant. more expresso bean than dark chocolate where my ideal profile is but it is a a good taste. One I smoked though could not stay lit though so we will see on the other 4 if that is a problem. Worth getting a cheap 5 pack and seeing if it hits your fancy if you like them dark (as I do).

That one is a maduro leaf and . the wrapper is from the ligero (top) part of the plant. more expresso bean than dark chocolate where my ideal profile is but it is a a good taste. One I smoked though could not stay lit though so we will see on the other 4 if that is a problem. Worth getting a cheap 5 pack and seeing if it hits your fancy if you like them dark (as I do).
Thanks. I'll try it.

I will report that the five Por Larrañaga I’ve smoked were shade grown wrapper with medium body, much like the Dominican Arturo Fuentes. Reportedly, the filler is from the same seed as the Cuban tobacco from the area which this brand originated.

A few more delights from the postman. Olivia’s are old faves and got inspired to try the kintsugis from you guys. Also looking forward to the Cohiba Macassars which I got stupidly cheap.

View attachment 549622

Nice haul.
I’ve been wanting one of the kintsugi’s. Give us a review when you get to smoke one. I love the story behind the name and the box they come in is cool.

Reactions: Gandalf
5 Pack Fever, Discounted Cigar Samplers - Thompson Cigar

Now the sale is off and it is up to $25 per 5 pack when you get 4 or more. Every 8 weeks or so they have a sale for $19.95 for each and I usually rack up then. Even with $5 a stick they are good deals though. Take a look at the selection. Very nice way to get introduced to something new. This is my go to site for 5 packs like this. For cigar international, I wait for their 25% and rare 30% sales :D

Thanks again for the tip on Thompson Cigar 5 pack fever. I placed an order, today. It's Robusto time - Cohiba Connecticut, Graycliff Professionale Series PG, The Griffin's Connecticut, and Alec Bradley Prensado Corojo. I'll report as I receive them.

Got it just a little bit longer before it dropped. lolView attachment 549650

Thats one of my regulars. Very tasty and generally well made. One in awhile I get a rough draw but mostly its smooth chocolate sailing.

Nice haul.
I’ve been wanting one of the kintsugi’s. Give us a review when you get to smoke one. I love the story behind the name and the box they come in is cool.

Pretty good on the Kintsugi. Say a mild medium with a bit of a sweetness. Razor sharp burn once it evened out and never needed a touch up. Perfect draw and nice clouds of smoke. Little cedar, hay and citrus - hints of almost like a black tea or something. Overall, a pleasant mild stick.
IMG_2187.jpeg

The epitome of a mild premium cigar is the Montecristo White series. What say you?

The epitome of a mild premium cigar is the Montecristo White series. What say you?

I say go have one! :D

Have not really had good experiences with the ones I have had myself though, in regards to build quality. Not that they were bad per se but a number of times where it did not burn evenly or required a lot of touch ups. Overrated IMO at least the ones I have had personally. The classics though have usually been good to me, just not the whites.

The platinum is another one that has thrown me for a loop. The flavor is quite good and very smooth but the nicotine is off the charts. I started having to get some carbs right away or I was turning green after the first 1/3.

I say go have one! :D

Have not really had good experiences with the ones I have had myself though, in regards to build quality. Not that they were bad per se but a number of times where it did not burn evenly or required a lot of touch ups. Overrated IMO at least the ones I have had personally. The classics though have usually been good to me, just not the whites.

The platinum is another one that has thrown me for a loop. The flavor is quite good and very smooth but the nicotine is off the charts. I started having to get some carbs right away or I was turning green after the first 1/3.

Keep the sweets close at hand.🍫😁

I’ve tried the white series. I’ve had better, less expensive smokes. I just wasn’t very impressed. I’m like Gandalf, I just haven’t had the greatest luck with any of the monte’s I’ve tried.

The Cuban’s are probably wonderful.

Admittedly, I’ve smoked less than a half dozen Montecristo White toros, the last was probably 2 years ago. With those few, I’ve not experienced the issues Gandalf reports. They were smooth, creamy, and as mild as any cigar I have smoked. If someone asked me to recommend a mild cigar, I’d recommend an R&J natural. I do favor medium bodied cigars with natural shade grown wrapper. That said, I do enjoy maduro and even oscuro, especially in colder weather.

What do you favor as a mild cigar?

Admittedly, I’ve smoked less than a half dozen Montecristo White toros, the last was probably 2 years ago. With those few, I’ve not experienced the issues Gandalf reports. They were smooth, creamy, and as mild as any cigar I have smoked. If someone asked me to recommend a mild cigar, I’d recommend an R&J natural. I do favor medium bodied cigars with natural shade grown wrapper. That said, I do enjoy maduro and even oscuro, especially in colder weather.

What do you favor as a mild cigar?

So far, the Padron Damaso has been my favorite Connecticut. The Asylum 13 Medulla is probably my favorite mild cigar. They are kinda hard to get right now but I would keep one in my humidor all the time if I could. I also liked the Ashton cony, the PDM shade grown and the Asylum 13 cony.

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back