Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Admittedly, I’ve smoked less than a half dozen Montecristo White toros, the last was probably 2 years ago. With those few, I’ve not experienced the issues Gandalf reports. They were smooth, creamy, and as mild as any cigar I have smoked. If someone asked me to recommend a mild cigar, I’d recommend an R&J natural. I do favor medium bodied cigars with natural shade grown wrapper. That said, I do enjoy maduro and even oscuro, especially in colder weather.

What do you favor as a mild cigar?

R&J both REAL and not all day long for a smooth mild smoke.
Ashtons and Aurturo Fuente and Davidoffs for that matter are all great but of course, not cheap.
Montecristo original or classic
Macanudo Cafe - great quick stick
Oliva Connecticut
Perdomo champagne series

Since you guys were talking about various Montes, I thought I would give a report on this on.

This Espada was very tasty. The color is just a beautiful butternut leather like hue thats like the interior trim on the sport packages of the newer BMWs. Punch cut so I can enjoy awhile, clouds of nice smoke, great construction, no touch ups necessary. Medium. Cedar, milk chocolate, touches of pepper and coco powder, a hint of sweet aged tobacco. By far, the best non-cuban Monte I have had so far.

IMG_2194.jpeg

Last edited:
Since you guys were talking about various Montes, I thought I would give a report on this on.

This Espada was very tasty. The color is just a beautiful butternut leather like hue thats like the interior trim on the sport packages of the newer BMWs. Punch cut so I can enjoy awhile, clouds of nice smoke, great construction, no touch ups necessary. Medium. Cedar, milk chocolate, touches of pepper and coco powder, a hint of sweet aged tobacco. By far, the best non-cuban Monte I have had so far.

View attachment 550253

Nice looking stick. I thought it was a Liga Privada until I read your post. Liga’s usually have the white band with the writing on it and that’s what my eyes went to immediately.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having a hard time keeping their humidity up in their humidor’s right now?
Oddly enough, I have just the opposite problem this time of year. Using 65% Bovedas, it's taken 2 weeks to get my humidity down to 70 from 73.

Reactions: loggervol
Oddly enough, I have just the opposite problem this time of year. Using 65% Bovedas, it's taken 2 weeks to get my humidity down to 70 from 73.

I’m thinking I may need a new humidifier. Mine has the round flat one. I haven’t had it for very long and I’m keeping it in a dark cool cabinet.

Reactions: malinoisvol
I’m thinking I may need a new humidifier. Mine has the round flat one. I haven’t had it for very long and I’m keeping it in a dark cool cabinet.
You should give the Bovedas a look. They really are pretty carefree.

Reactions: loggervol
You should give the Bovedas a look. They really are pretty carefree.

I have some but I don’t use them till I’m overstocked or to bring down the humidity in my humidor.

Reactions: txbo
@malinoisvol, what’s shaking? This has been a nice evening to burn one, cigar that is. Have you been to blue smoke in a while? I’ve been meaning to go back, I just haven’t been that far into Kville. The traffic is another reason.

@malinoisvol, what’s shaking? This has been a nice evening to burn one, cigar that is. Have you been to blue smoke in a while? I’ve been meaning to go back, I just haven’t been that far into Kville. The traffic is another reason.
Enjoying a peaceful evening. Bout the only trips we make into KTown anymore is to visit Total Wines and COSTCO. Might get to make a trip to Blue Smoke during my next Staycation. Depends on how far along I am with all my round-the-house projects. It never ends. 🙂

Enjoying a peaceful evening. Bout the only trips we make into KTown anymore is to visit Total Wines and COSTCO. Might get to make a trip to Blue Smoke during my next Staycation. Depends on how far along I am with all my round-the-house projects. It never ends. 🙂

10-4

I only go to the pit and that’s about it. About every three or four weeks I try to go and sample my way through the humidor.

VN Store

Back