Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I’ve been wanting a 150 or 200 count. So, if I catch a good deal going on like that 5 pack sale you posted. I could stock up. I know I could buy a good Tupperware container and use boveda’s but there’s just something about a nice table top humidor.

Reactions: txbo
I’ve been wanting a 150 or 200 count. So, if I catch a good deal going on like that 5 pack sale you posted. I could stock up. I know I could buy a good Tupperware container and use boveda’s but there’s just something about a nice table top humidor.

Here is a good deep one for pretty cheap that will hold 300 (really will hold a good bit more). Havana Foot Locker Humidor - Cigars International

If you want to go crazy for long term storage, here you go Basically a 5000 cigar steamer type trunk :D
Escalade Humidor - Cigars International
Not for your everyday since its easy to get lost in there but quite good if you buy some boxes, packs etc and want to store them for a year or two. For $350, that cant be beat. Good trick is something like that and then rotate them into a 150 count or so nicer display type so that you can start salivating oner which one you have next. Then when selection starts getting thin in the 150, reload from the 5k :)

I had my eye on one of these that I was going to get but I had to take a trip and then when I returned, it was no longer available. I was PISSED. White House Humidor
1683515517210.png

I am going to find this sucker again some day though, mark my words - also looking for the Jefferson memorial and congress one.

Last edited:
Here is a good deep one for pretty cheap that will hold 300 (really will hold a good bit more). Havana Foot Locker Humidor - Cigars International

If you want to go crazy for long term storage, here you go Basically a 5000 cigar steamer type trunk :D
Escalade Humidor - Cigars International
Not for your everyday since its easy to get lost in there but quite good if you buy some boxes, packs etc and want to store them for a year or two. For $350, that cant be beat. Good trick is something like that and then rotate them into a 150 count or so nicer display type so that you can start salivating oner which one you have next. Then when selection starts getting thin in the 150, reload from the 5k :)

I had my eye on one of these that I was going to get but I had to take a trip and then when I returned, it was no longer available. I was PISSED. White House Humidor
View attachment 550493

I am going to find this sucker again some day though, mark my words - also looking for the Jefferson memorial and congress one.

That’s yuge. Greatest humidor ever, I mean it’s perfect.😁

Reactions: txbo
Enjoying some time last night at Carnegie club in NYC. Some clients picked up the tab. Crazy prices for sticks in NY now. A 90% markup on retail prices.

Fortunately, I bought my own! 😁
093F7988-10CD-49B8-A48A-0F5CCC0F5E42.jpeg

And from the rooftop we were on before that
70545838292__BE6F64C4-8D88-4D61-A66D-E70DDF9D1236.jpeg

I've been tracking the progress of my package from Thompson Cigar. It arrived at my local post office on May 6th. An update forecast delivery on May 15th. Normally, my post office doesn't take that long to make delivery, so I continued to check status. This morning, it shows that my package was diverted to another post office. The reason given is, "This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect." I've made no forwarding request. The order confirmation shows my correct address and zip code. This is suspicious, and I've submitted a service request to the USPS regarding the matter. I've also notified Thompson Cigar.

@Gandalf, have you had any delivery issues with your Thompson orders? Do their packages identify the sender as Thompson Cigar?

I cannot help but suspect post office personnel. If the package identifies Thompson cigar as the sender, a handler at the post office could have diverted the package for their own purposes.

UPDATE: Received a call back from USPS. The rep doesn't fathom the updates on the Web site tracking info. The internal USPS system shows that my package was misrouted by the handling center and has been sent back to them for routing to my post office. Scans affirm this. There are no scans to affirm any of the info displaying on the Web site. Just get my cigars to me, and I will be at peace.

Last edited:
Given that per stick prices in my area have doubled since 2019, I'm not surprised that they're stratospheric in NYC.

Reactions: loggervol
I've been tracking the progress of my package from Thompson Cigar. It arrived at my local post office on May 6th. An update forecast delivery on May 15th. Normally, my post office doesn't take that long to make delivery, so I continued to check status. This morning, it shows that my package was diverted to another post office. The reason given is, "This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect." I've made no forwarding request. The order confirmation shows my correct address and zip code. This is suspicious, and I've submitted a service request to the USPS regarding the matter. I've also notified Thompson Cigar.

@Gandalf, have you had any delivery issues with your Thompson orders? Do their packages identify the sender as Thompson Cigar?

I cannot help but suspect post office personnel. If the package identifies Thompson cigar as the sender, a handler at the post office could have diverted the package for their own purposes.

UPDATE: Received a call back from USPS. The rep doesn't fathom the updates on the Web site tracking info. The internal USPS system shows that my package was misrouted by the handling center and has been sent back to them for routing to my post office. Scans affirm this. There are no scans to affirm any of the info displaying on the Web site. Just get my cigars to me, and I will be at peace.

If it had the wrong zip, how did it make it to your post office? That’s weird.

Reactions: Gandalf
Was the Sinatra impersonator there? He’s very good.

He is only there on weekends iirc.

Also no picture of the stick but had a Monte in the VIP section of a concert on the rooftop of South Street Seaport, even though no smoking allowed. I figured there is no way I’m not breaking out a cigar on a rooftop lol
IMG_2225.jpeg

They have always been good to me. One time the post office lost it and I figured someone was having my sticks (they do say cigar on the package). Eventually, they found it though and sent it back to TC. I called up TC and they got it right out to me and even upgraded one of the packs because the one I had ordered was no longer in stock.

He is only there on weekends iirc.

Also no picture of the stick but had a Monte in the VIP section of a concert on the rooftop of South Street Seaport, even though no smoking allowed. I figured there is no way I’m not breaking out a cigar on a rooftop lol
View attachment 551357
If I have to be in NY, South Street Seaport is my favorite spot.

Reactions: Gandalf
Was yard man today until it got too hot to continue. Enjoying a Por Larrañaga toro and a tintó veranó, a fine reward for dirty, sweaty work. The cigar burns very well, good draw and clouds of smoke. It’s reminiscent of the Arturo Fuentes Cazadores, but with a slightly stronger filler. Fine stick.

VN Store

Back