Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Tried my first Graycliff. The stick was tightly wrapped. The draw was not what I hoped. I used the cutter ( no bullet for this baby). The wrapper was everything I expected, spicy with an initial sting on the lips. The smoke was earthy and complex, with a hint of walnuts yielding to almonds and coffee mid-stick. Smoked it to the nub.
Your description is great, but my experience with Graycliff wasn't that good.

Reactions: loggervol
Now that is definitely a nice gift indeed.
Sax and his family have been going to Hoover for the SEC baseball tourney for decades. He has been bringing Hoover to life for the baseball forum long before we could stream it or had much to cheer about. It's hard to explain but his family has made Hoover special to quite a few people.

Sax and his family have been going to Hoover for the SEC baseball tourney for decades. He has been bringing Hoover to life for the baseball forum long before we could stream it or had much to cheer about. It's hard to explain but his family has made Hoover special to quite a few people.
We gave our son tickets to SEC_Hoover after he graduated from UTK in 2002; he returned & raved about the experience. Wife went with him the next year & has been there every year since 2004. I went sporadicallly, then around 2012 joined the annual pilgrimage. It's a great experience & tradition, & I'm happy to share with y'all. Now, let the Diamond Vols light up SEC rivals while I do the same to my precious puros. I'll be your Hoover correspondent, fellow cigar aficianados? :cool:

Last edited:
We gave our son tickets to SEC_Hoover after he graduated from UTK in 2002; he returned & raved about the experience. Wife went with him the next year & has been there every year since 2004. I went sporadicallly, then around 2012 joined the annual pilgrimage. It's a great experience & tradition, & I'm happy to share with y'all. Now, let the Diamond Vols light up SEC rivals while I do the same to my precious puros. I'll be your Hoover correspondent, fellow cigar aficianados? :cool:
Oh bravo!

Now I'm more jacked up for Hoover than ever.

Mrs Sax have her scorecard?
Y'all sitting in the same seats?
Oh, she'll be ready for Tuesday's opening round of games. Seats are still behind 3rd base dugout; closer to the field but not exactly in the frame when right-hand batters are up. Me? I'm just the accompanist, while she is the television celebrity. GBO. :cool:

Tried the first of my Cohiba Connecticut robustos. The filler was more complex than I expected, hints of leather and pepper. Excellent draw. Good smoke, but I will not pay the price point outside of the five pack fever deal. The accompanying Nelson Brothers Tennessee whiskey provided the sweetness.

Tried the first of my Cohiba Connecticut robustos. The filler was more complex than I expected, hints of leather and pepper. Excellent draw. Good smoke, but I will not pay the price point outside of the five pack fever deal. The accompanying Nelson Brothers Tennessee whiskey provided the sweetness.

Exactly - the Cohiba conny is actually a reasonably complex smoke for a conny and quite tasty, very creamy. Construction is great, of course, as to be expected. But its hard to justify the list price of $20 a stick for the things.

At $4 each for them though, ALL DAY LONG. I would take them over the R&J, though there are times I do want that fresh mown grassy stick.

VN Store

Back