Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I really like The Judge.

The only thing about the Judge is, it’s a more full bodied cigar. And, the chocolate notes aren’t as prevalent as some of the other MF cigars. When you smoke one, you better eat a good meal before also.

@malinoisvol, I tried to find the wines you were talking about but came up empty. I’ll probably have to hit ktown to find the ones you recommended.

I did buy this though. Tin, Gandalf, malin, any thoughts on this. Tin I just took your advice on the Merlot.
IMG_0354.jpeg

Last edited:
Worked in the yard from 9:30am until 3:00pm. Decided that I’d earned a smoke and some Tennessee whiskey on the rocks. With all the recent raves for maduros, I opted for the AB Prensado. It’s about as perfect a maduro as I could ask for. 🥃

I’m gonna grab some Perdomo’s, head to the bar and have a couple Johnnie Walker’s neat tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: loggervol
@malinoisvol, I tried to find the wines you were talking about but came up empty. I’ll probably have to hit ktown to find the ones you recommended.

I did buy this though. Tin, Gandalf, malin, any thoughts on this. Tin I just took your advice on the Merlot.
View attachment 554313
I've only found Madeira Bual at Total Wines in Turkey Creek. Even an online search only named Total Wines as the place to get it locally. I wish someone on this side of town sold it. Smh

Reactions: loggervol
The grand reserve. So delicious. The price I got them for makes me concerned a police car will show up any day 😁
IMG_2256.jpeg

And yesterdays offering a Caldwell King is dead. Pre light is coco. Construction is very solid. Perfect burn. Lovely oily smoke. I know some find a lot of complexities but I didn’t. Good flavors though. Certainly worth trying.
IMG_2254.jpeg

The grand reserve. So delicious. The price I got them for makes me concerned a police car will show up any day 😁
View attachment 554372

And yesterdays offering a Caldwell King is dead. Pre light is coco. Construction is very solid. Perfect burn. Lovely oily smoke. I know some find a lot of complexities but I didn’t. Good flavors though. Certainly worth trying.
View attachment 554374
I’ve been wondering how, the king is dead, is. Nice looking smoke.

Reactions: Gandalf
@Gandalf, I've yet to learn the ways of the Thompson's five pack fever thing. My prior order was at $24.95/five-pack with free economy shipping. My latest was at $24.95/five, and I payed for shipping. If you've mastered that site, I'd appreciate some coaching. Thanks.

@Gandalf, I've yet to learn the ways of the Thompson's five pack fever thing. My prior order was at $24.95/five-pack with free economy shipping. My latest was at $24.95/five, and I payed for shipping. If you've mastered that site, I'd appreciate some coaching. Thanks.

It really just is waiting for the sale. Im sure you are on their list now so they will email you when it is 5 pack fever SALE. The everyday price is $25 per pack when 4 or more. When on SALE, its $20 per pack when 4 or more. The free shipping depends on either a code or they will auto imply it for anything over a certain amount (usually $125)

That has been my experience anyway. I have no affiliation of course.

It really just is waiting for the sale. Im sure you are on their list now so they will email you when it is 5 pack fever SALE. The everyday price is $25 per pack when 4 or more. When on SALE, its $20 per pack when 4 or more. The free shipping depends on either a code or they will auto imply it for anything over a certain amount (usually $125)

That has been my experience anyway. I have no affiliation of course.
Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Reactions: Gandalf
Enjoying the second to last Por Larrañaga in my box. Like the Cohiba, it’s more complex than what one expects from a shade grown wrapper cigar. Perhaps, it’s the Cuban seed grown in the Dominican Republic. I don’t know, but it’s one enjoyable smoke. 👍🏼

VN Store

Back