Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Ah chit, I thought they might be having a Father’s Day deal going on. I think they had a Father’s Day deal last year. I guess I missed out.
She didn't say and I didn't think to ask. I'd be willing to bet they are having a different sale for Father's Day, tho.

Reactions: loggervol
Thompson's is having a 35% off sale that ends today. No, Padron, Ashtons, etc are not included but you can get some tasty deals on some things that are not likely to be in the 5pack or auctions. I would totally spend it on something like:
Kristoff Ligero Robusto Maduro - Thompson Cigar or chose from their samplers. That is one way to get around the limits to some brand discounts.

Fella at the cigar bar talked me into trying this one today. Smells great out of the box, but a fairly unremarkable smoke. Tough draw also. 🤷🏼‍♂️
IMG_0481.jpeg

Reactions: zjcvols
Thompson's is having a 35% off sale that ends today. No, Padron, Ashtons, etc are not included but you can get some tasty deals on some things that are not likely to be in the 5pack or auctions. I would totally spend it on something like:
Kristoff Ligero Robusto Maduro - Thompson Cigar or chose from their samplers. That is one way to get around the limits to some brand discounts.

I gotta join Thompson’s. Seems like their quality of cigars on the 5 packs are really good and they have some great deals like this, often.

Fella at the cigar bar talked me into trying this one today. Smells great out of the box, but a fairly unremarkable smoke. Tough draw also. 🤷🏼‍♂️
View attachment 557170
I think most LFD’s have a little more pepper than I like. I like pepper but I don’t want it to completely dominate the whole cigar.

Reactions: Gandalf
IMG_0387.jpeg @malinoisvol

Nice aroma off the foot. A mixture of chocolate and citrus.

1st third- light on the (white) pepper, cocoa, oak, leather seared beef and a chalky after taste. And maybe a sweet hay. Nothing overbearing, just a nice mixture of flavors. Also a nutmeg taste.

Light to medium smoke

Nice even burn, a perfect draw and a Well put together cigar..

IMG_0388.jpeg

Second third- cocoa not as prevalent, more of an espresso and leather with the sweet hay.

Great burn, and again a well put together cigar. Strength has went to more of a medium to full.

Last third- more of the same. A little more pepper.

Really nice stick. Nice flavors all the way through, really good burn and a well put together smoke with an amazing draw.

Toro size- hour and thirty minute smoke.

Last edited:
View attachment 557345 @malinoisvol

1st third- light on the (white) pepper, cocoa, oak, leather seared beef and a chalky after taste. And maybe a sweet hay. Nothing overbearing, just a nice mixture of flavors. Also a nutmeg taste.

Light to medium smoke

View attachment 557346
My first couple of draws were mildly off putting, however, the flavors that followed those first draws were well received. It is now one of my favorites.

My first couple of draws were mildly off putting, however, the flavors that followed those first draws were well received. It is now one of my favorites.

My first couple of draws were kinda void of any flavor. Just a bland smoke. You are right about the flavor coming on after though.

The smell off the foot was amazing. I will definitely buy this again.

After I got into it, I had a hard time putting it down. Most of the time when I do that, it’s a really good smoke.

Reactions: malinoisvol
View attachment 557345 @malinoisvol

Light to medium smoke

View attachment 557346

Second third- cocoa not as prevalent, more of an espresso and leather with the sweet hay.

Great burn, and again a well put together cigar. Strength has went to more of a medium to full.

Last third- more of the same. A little more pepper.

Really nice stick. Nice flavors all the way through, really good burn and a well put together smoke with an amazing draw.

Toro size- hour and thirty minute smoke.

This is how all posts in this thread should be :)

VN Store

Back