Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Has anyone tried a Blackened M81 by Drew Estates?

"An exploration into the deepest, darkest and heaviest depths of the mystical Maduro leaf, Blackened by Drew Estate is a collaboration between Drew Estate Founder and President, Jonathan Drew; Metallica’s Co-Founder, lead singer and guitarist, James Hetfield; and BLACKENED® American Whiskey Master Distiller and Blender, Rob Dietrich."

Interesting!

Reactions: loggervol
Had to stop by the Smoke Pit today :).
They've got a sale on cigars presently. B4G1 B10G3 on select smokes.

Bought 2 of the Blackened M81's. Enjoying one right now. Pretty good. Lots of flavors. Even burn. Not to tight.

IMG_20230609_153015_645.jpg

Reactions: loggervol
Arose early and got to yard chores shortly after sunrise - they forecast a hot one, even though the humidity is relatively low. Paused for lunch and decided that a Macanudo Gold Label and some Tennessee whiskey was in order before a shower, then the BaseVols game.
IMG_1597.jpeg

Celebrating the BaseVols win with an AVO classic robusto, sun grown wrapper, and a vodka & soda with lime. I’m favorably impressed. Smooth, creamy smoke with greater complexity than a Monte Cristo White label. Good draw, great burn, Dominican filler - a well constructed cigar.

The offering of the last few days (actually I had an Oliva V yesterday but didn’t bother to photo it) Nothing new here so leaving the normal review aside.
IMG_2267.jpeg
I really am enjoying these. I can see why they rated so well
IMG_2264.jpeg

@malinoisvol , how long is the sale at the pit? Is it through this weekend?
Not sure, however, the way the lady talked, it was going to be over this past weekend. It was in coordination with an event they had the evening before.

The humidor was over half empty with most of those cigars on tables in front of the humidor.

Not sure, however, the way the lady talked, it was going to be over this past weekend. It was in coordination with an event they had the evening before.

The humidor was over half empty with most of those cigars on tables in front of the humidor.

Ah chit, I thought they might be having a Father’s Day deal going on. I think they had a Father’s Day deal last year. I guess I missed out.

VN Store

Back