Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

What’s the best Cohiba to try? I’ve never had one but I thought about getting one my last trip to the pit. Any suggestions?

What’s the best Cohiba to try? I’ve never had one but I thought about getting one my last trip to the pit. Any suggestions?
Retail, especially single stick, Cohibas are ludicrously expensive. If/when you’re ready to purchase four-plus five packs from Thompson’s, you can acquire some at ~$4-$5/stick. If you indulge in Connecticuts, the Cohiba Connecticut Classic should be on your list. I would urge you to include a Red Dot as well. The Macassar is one that I will buy (deeply discounted), again.

Reactions: loggervol
Cigar - beverage pairings: IMO, a tintó veranó or other citrusy drink pairs with a “grassy stick” - a R&J, Arturo Fuente Cazadores or Conquistador, or a Por Larrañaga. The subtleties of an AVO classic or Montecristo White will be lost, overwhelmed by the contrasting citrus of the cocktail. These are better paired with Tennessee sipping whiskey, or for those who eschew alcohol, a cafe con leche or iced coffee drink. What say you? What beverage pairs well with what cigars?

Reactions: zjcvols
A undercrown maduro, a carillo or a my father’s goes really good with a White Russian or I like a screwdriver. A cigar with a nice chocolate goes very well with either.
The grassy sticks do go very well with a fruity drink. I like a good beer to go with a grassy stick also.

Reactions: zjcvols and Tin Man
Took some gummies and enjoying the vibes. Also had to show off the new ash tray. The Pordomo Sun Grown Habana is excellent. Great burn. Smooth as jazz taste. Smells like burgundy leather. Might be the best cigar I’ve had yet.

IMG_3118.jpeg
IMG_3119.jpeg

VN Store

Back