Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

ohhhh, fancy box! :D

I wasn't disappointed by the Siglos at all. First one of that box was absolutely fantastic, second only slightly less so, even though I didnt get the tubos version you did. I usually will get the cedar box version of 25 but those tubos boxes make beautiful gifts.

No, it was the Behike 56s that made me sad. I dont know if I should have went with the 52s like I have had before or if I just had an off stick. I am going to put them on a time out in the humi for awhile and test one out again in a few months.

Reactions: loggervol and txbo
ohhhh, fancy box! :D

I wasn't disappointed by the Siglos at all. First one of that box was absolutely fantastic, second only slightly less so, even though I didnt get the tubos version you did. I usually will get the cedar box version of 25 but those tubos boxes make beautiful gifts.

No, it was the Behike 56s that made me sad. I dont know if I should have went with the 52s like I have had before or if I just had an off stick. I am going to put them on a time out in the humi for awhile and test one out again in a few months.
I usually don't get the tubos either. I find little use for them. I just couldn't pass up on this box. Think I'll put it away for a special occation.

So what's the hive's opinion..... Store in the tubes or take them out?

Reactions: loggervol
I usually don't get the tubos either. I find little use for them. I just couldn't pass up on this box. Think I'll put it away for a special occation.

I’ve got a box of Macanudo Maduros that I don’t have room for in my humidor, so they’re still in the tubes, the box is sealed, and it’s up in my cabinet.

IMG_0571.jpeg

I need some help with this one. Have my tastebuds and palate gone crazy or am I tasting what I think I’m tasting.

Almonds, cedar, a sweet cooking spice and a mild pepper. This is what’s getting me. I am tasting cinnamon with a mint flavor. The mint flavor has me geeking out. I mean, it’s a very mild mint but it’s there or I’ve gone crazy.🤪🙃😱

Last edited:
View attachment 576031

I need some help with this one. Have my tastebuds and palate gone crazy or am I tasting what I think I’m tasting.

Almonds, cedar, a sweet cooking spice and a mild pepper. This is what’s getting me. I am tasting cinnamon with a mint flavor. The mint flavor has me geeking out. I mean, it’s a very mild mint but it’s there or I’ve gone crazy.🤪🙃😱
Sounds pretty tasty. I think I just saw that as one of the deuce selections. I think I’ll try it.

I think the general idea is if you’re going to smoke them in the next 2 years then store out out of tubes. If long term in tubes in humidor.

If they stay on tubes, expect cedar notes of course.

An interesting take is keep in tubes but unscrew them. This way humidity is maintained and aging continued but flavors don’t mix with rest of humi.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo and loggervol
Was looking on cigar page. Com and they have boxes of My Father’s on sale and 5 packs for 17.95 I think. They also have some other deals going on but I haven’t looked at them yet.

My Father’s Le Bijou toros for 189.$ 20 count box

The have Alec Bradley Prensado’s for 85 a box

10 count samplers are on sale also.

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo
I think the general idea is if you’re going to smoke them in the next 2 years then store out out of tubes. If long term in tubes in humidor.

If they stay on tubes, expect cedar notes of course.

An interesting take is keep in tubes but unscrew them. This way humidity is maintained and aging continued but flavors don’t mix with rest of humi.
I'm going to take your suggestion because I really don't know how long I'll keep them.

Having said that, I don't think I have any cigars over two years old.

Was looking on cigar page. Com and they have boxes of My Father’s on sale and 5 packs for 17.95 I think. They also have some other deals going on but I haven’t looked at them yet.

My Father’s Le Bijou toros for 189.$ 20 count box
Thanks for the heads up. That is a really nice cigar at a really nice price.

Dropped into the local cigar shop and found a couple of AF Hemingway Signature maduros. I have some Tennessee Whiskey on the rocks, the fan on high, and I’m going to light this up.
View attachment 572547
Enjoying my second AF Hemingway signature maduro. The smooth medium filler with the coco of the maduro. AF produces these once a year. Worth buying when they’re available. 👍🏼

View attachment 576539

My first kintsugi.

A very light cigar. Good flavors and nothing over bearing. I think I was expecting a little more on the flavor side.

The interesting thing to me is the tea flavors I got from it. The only cigar I have ever had that gave me a sense of green or black tea. Ones I have had were pretty tasty.

VN Store

Back