Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

It’s a cool morning, so I decided to smoke the second of my Sancho Panza double maduros. I think that @Gandalf would characterize it as grassy with a coco punch. 😜

I did some phone ap Spanish lessons while smoking the cigar. Puffing while speaking adversely influenced my score. 😁

It’s a cool morning, so I decided to smoke the second of my Sancho Panza double maduros. I think that @Gandalf would characterize it as grassy with a coco punch. 😜

I did some phone ap Spanish lessons while smoking the cigar. Puffing while speaking adversely influenced my score. 😁

Thats an unusual combo lol. Like if an R&J Conny mated with an Oliva G maduro

I saw somewhere that Sancho Panza has been getting a lot of push from CI lately. Supposedly reformulated a couple of their cigars

And, who cares if you can speak Spanish, when you can ACT it! :cool:

1694190604607.png

I will opine that Arturo Fuentes - Dominican and Nicaraguan - have a more complex medium body than either the Sancho Panza or the Casa Torano, though the Casa Torano did compare favorably to the shade grown AF Rothschild. On sale, I’ll venture to acquire some again.

Alec Bradley black market

IMG_0578.jpeg

The first third started with an earthiness, cedar and a good amount of pepper. The end of the first third and start of the second third, I started tasting an espresso with a vanilla bean sweetness. The last third, the vanilla bean moved into more of a caramel, with leather and a strong tobacco and slight tart flavor.

A perfect burn line with a snug draw. A nice stick. I don’t know if I would keep it on rotation but would definitely smoke it again.

Last edited:
Alec Bradley black market

View attachment 577273

The first third started with an earthiness, cedar and a good amount of pepper. The end of the first third and start of the second third, I started tasting an espresso with a vanilla bean sweetness. The last third, the vanilla bean moved into more of a caramel, with leather and a strong tobacco and slight tart flavor.

A perfect burn line with a snug draw. A nice stick. I don’t know if I would keep it on rotation but would definitely smoke it again.
One of my favorites in the Churchill size. Very relaxing cigar. You’re right on with the expresso and some hint of sweetness.

Reactions: loggervol
Cigar page has 2 nice deals going on today. 1 buy three 10 packs for 37.50$ ( that’s for each 10 pack). it’s called mix and match. That’s 3.75 per stick for 30 sticks. 2. Cream of the crop, get 20 sticks at 2.99 per stick.

Thompson cigar, build your own 15. 3/5 packs for 59.99. That’s 3.99 per stick

Some good deals today

IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0580.jpegIMG_0581.jpeg
This is the three selections on the cigar page, cream of the crop.

Last edited:
since we are in a weather delay, I decided to go with a fat one today, a Dominican Monte classic, to last the full game.

Not the same as the Cubans of course but a darn fine smoke in its own right. Razor sharp burn, beautiful white ash.

IMG_2602.jpeg

Last edited:
The quality of the above pictured cigar exceeds that of the play on the field in last night’s game.

And even as bad as that was, it vastly exceeded the officiating.

If the level of our play was a swisher sweet, the officiating was a swisher sweet made with ground up tobacco from the floor (but I repeat myself 😜) that has been left out in a dessert for 100 years and then was piddled on by a wandering goat just before you picked it up.

And even as bad as that was, it vastly exceeded the officiating.

If the level of our play was a swisher sweet, the officiating was a swisher sweet made with ground up tobacco from the floor (but I repeat myself 😜) that has been left out in a dessert for 100 years and then was piddled on by a wandering goat just before you picked it up.
The SEC avers that amateur part-time officials provide the officiating needed for college football. To borrow your descriptive phrase, goat piddle.

For a moment there I thought AB made a cigar that said Go Vol! 😁

l have found these to be pretty tasty medium flavor cigars.

I needed that one late last night. I was trying to mellow out a bit after the game.

Have you tried the Coyol? A really nice blend. I believe I should have let it set 2/3 weeks though.

The reserve is a nice smoke. I try to keep one in my rotation. I think this one has been aging Ifor 3 months.

Last edited:
Missed the game yesterday for a long therapy session of bushhogging and a black market.
Catching the replay on YouTube with anAB lineage.

Attachments

• IMG_7381.jpeg
    IMG_7381.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7394.jpeg
    IMG_7394.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 577925
Smoking my first RP vintage 2003 Cameroon
The first of these, I was talking with an old skydiving buddy, making plans to get together. Though I enjoyed the cigar, I wasn’t giving it my full attention.

The second starts with coffee and black pepper. It’s a medium to full bodied smoke. One that should fit right in with the cooler temps of Autumn. As it burns, hints of cedar and a sweet finish to the last bit of smoke.

Each of these have been well made. Even burn, good draw, clouds of smoke, and a firm ash impervious to my fan. When prudence compelled me to, I removed the ash with a gentle curl on the ash tray. It resisted the initial tap.

I’m happy to have three more of these. They’ll make for an excellent smoke after dinner during the cooler evenings to come. Brandy or whiskey will be a good accompaniment.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back