Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

What FUENTE is that? I can’t make out the label. I was going to say a short story but I’m probably wrong.

Never mind, I looked it up. Rare pink short story 👍

Last edited:
IMG_1704.jpeg
Trying a Cohiba Blue. Like the RP, it’s a 5.5” robusto. Robusto grande?

It lights up and burns well. Good draw and smoke. Ash is longer than in the photo and firm. The filler tobacco is a blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Dominican. The wrapper is Honduran. Nutty, earthy, with a little hay, a hint of white pepper and… whole grain bread.

If this is a premium brand’s foray into a “budget” cigar ($9-12/stick), it’s a greater success than the Cadillac Catera.

Last edited:
View attachment 578849
Trying a Cohiba Blue. Like the RP, it’s a 5.5” robusto. Robusto grande?

It lights up and burns well. Good draw and smoke. Ash is longer than in the photo and firm. The filler tobacco is a blend of Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Dominican. The wrapper is Honduran. Nutty, earthy, with a little hay, a hint of white pepper and… whole grain bread.

If this is a premium brand’s foray into a “budget” cigar ($9-12/stick), it’s a greater success than the Cadillac Ceterra.
That made my mouth water!!!

Reactions: Tin Man
Another fine evening. Pool is getting a bit “fallish” but since the kids were splashing away earlier I thought why not enjoy.

A bit more rich aged tobacco, leather a slight milk chocolate but not really the dark chocolate sweetness I normally go for. I don’t know that it transitions that much from one third to the next but the notes it hits it does so well you really don’t want to change anyway. Perfect construction but I do find that the wrappers can be more delicate than some. Not oily but more like a thick croissant though not as flaky. Stored at 66% humidity.

IMG_2636.jpeg

Working on filling up that new Humi!!
Let's see how full that new humidor is.
IMG_0594.jpeg

I’m at about 85%. I think it might handle another 25-30 cigars if I rearranged things. Its supposed to hold 250. I think I’m at about 150. So, it will handle about 175/180 and probably 200 without the boxes

IMG_1706.jpeg
Why am I lighting up a “coco puff” at this early hour? Alas, it is not because I took a buck at dawn. No successful hunt. No venison for tomorrow night’s dinner. It is fasting day, and the tobacco calms the empty belly feeling.

Those of you old enough likely guess the reason for my fasting. Later this afternoon, I will be consuming goo to cleanse my bowel.

If any of you are blessed with a bounty of venison this Fall, so much so that you desire to share, I’m willing to travel to you bearing cigars and appropriate beverages to share in return.

Oh, and the “coco puff” reference is to the Sancho Panza double maduro having mild to medium filler. I am enjoying the smoke this cool morning, but, to be candid, I prefer a more robust, complex maduro.

The second cigar of my day of fasting is a Cohiba Red Dot. I like these cigars. They are exactly what they’re supposed to be - excellent filler, excellent wrapper, excellent construction, light easily, burn evenly, good draw, copious smoke, firm ash, and I like the flavor. 👍🏼

The second cigar of my day of fasting is a Cohiba Red Dot. I like these cigars. They are exactly what they’re supposed to be - excellent filler, excellent wrapper, excellent construction, light easily, burn evenly, good draw, copious smoke, firm ash, and I like the flavor. 👍🏼

I cant say I ever felt the flavor was anything special but they are clearly premium crafted cigars and when you can get them on CI, etc for a good price they are definitely worth a go. Of all the non-cubans, the macassar is the best IMO.

VN Store

Back