Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

@Gandalf, I appreciate your discerning palate. The last true Cuban that I had wasn’t properly cared for and was dry and stale. The last good Cuban I had was from my cousin, who had connections in the international food business. He introduced me to Arturo Fuente cigars in the 90s, when I was smoking Puros Indios.

After a long hiatus, I began to enjoy cigars again and smoked my way through AF’s offerings. Through my local cigar shop, I began exploring other brands. Your tip on Thompson five-pack specials has allowed me to afford to explore others.

The AFs that I can afford, now are $5-something per stick in box deals online. The five-pack and other deals allow me to broaden my experience with other brands. At ~$4 a stick, the non-Cuban Cohibas are a welcome change. Of those I’ve tried, the macassars are my favorites. AB and Oliva robustos are on my watch list, as are a few others mentioned in this thread. My exploration is nowhere near complete.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you are getting to enjoy some good sticks.

There's nothing that tastes better than a memory cigar.

I bet that was one hell of a smoke.

I'll raise a glass to your grandfather. Cheers

Funny enough, my great grandfather owned a cigar factory in Missouri with over 100 employees. Eventually burned down (as things did more often back then). He would import the tobacco from Cuba and then roll it and package it at his factory.

My dream is one day to restore his legacy and brand for super premium cigars.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you are getting to enjoy some good sticks.

Funny enough, my great grandfather owned a cigar factory in Missouri with over 100 employees. Eventually burned down (as things did more often back then). He would import the tobacco from Cuba and then roll it and package it at his factory.

My dream is one day to restore his legacy and brand for super premium cigars.
That’s fascinating. Any pics or relics you could share would be enjoyable.

I do enjoy a cab, just makes me sleepy if I have more than a glass.

Was having a #2 myself last night. Glad I didn’t waste it on Saturday’s debacle.
View attachment 580351
By coincidence, I did smoke a #2 Saturday night. We’ll say is was just a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.
Had to reload this morning.

71674359158__B47FEC5B-140E-4175-A13A-946A0A621E88.jpeg

By coincidence, I did smoke a #2 Saturday night. We’ll say is was just a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.
Had to reload this morning.

View attachment 580353

Then it was indeed the only thing of quality that night that went up in smoke.

Really nice looking cigar but it looks more like a Linea or Edmundo to me.

The #2 is a Torpedo.

Its just the angle. Notice it is lit. Had to have clipped it first 😊
IMG_2656.jpeg

Agnorsa leaf is all I know. Not a bad tasting cigar but I had all kinds of burn problems.

It says it’s made by Casa Fernandez.

Reactions: txbo
Agnorsa leaf is all I know. Not a bad tasting cigar but I had all kinds of burn problems.

It says it’s made by Casa Fernandez.

Interesting. I had one that was not Maduro but was a tasty cigar IIRC. Don’t remember on construction

If you have more of them, I’m requesting a proper review next time.

VN Store

Back