Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

@Gandalf, I appreciate your discerning palate. The last true Cuban that I had wasn’t properly cared for and was dry and stale. The last good Cuban I had was from my cousin, who had connections in the international food business. He introduced me to Arturo Fuente cigars in the 90s, when I was smoking Puros Indios.

After a long hiatus, I began to enjoy cigars again and smoked my way through AF’s offerings. Through my local cigar shop, I began exploring other brands. Your tip on Thompson five-pack specials has allowed me to afford to explore others.

The AFs that I can afford, now are $5-something per stick in box deals online. The five-pack and other deals allow me to broaden my experience with other brands. At ~$4 a stick, the non-Cuban Cohibas are a welcome change. Of those I’ve tried, the macassars are my favorites. AB and Oliva robustos are on my watch list, as are a few others mentioned in this thread. My exploration is nowhere near complete.

Last edited:
Look forward to hearing how you like them. I’m a big fan.
I really like them. This was my first MF’s and it’s still my favorite. This is definitely a box worthy cigar. I think about all MF’s are box worthy though.

Reactions: txbo
I really like them. This was my first MF’s and it’s still my favorite. This is definitely a box worthy cigar. I think about all MF’s are box worthy though.
Notice the triple cap just like the fine Cuban cigars have.
My Father is owned by Pepin Garcia. He was a master roller and blender in Cuba for many years. He worked on the blend for Cohiba and Partagas to name a few. Left Cuba after the Cuban government took over the cigar industy. Started growing his Cuban seeds in Nicaragua and started his own cigar factory in Miami. His company also makes Ashton and San Christobal branded cigars among others.

Reactions: loggervol
Find this small cigar in my humidor in a tube. Couldn’t remember anything about. Lit it up, nothing special, looked it up and realized it was probably one of my grandfather’s that my mom gave me. He’s been dead 30 years. I think they were some of his “fishing” cigars. I enjoyed but I doubt anyone else would….and the whisky didn’t disappoint

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3
I love that background shot. Aside from the occasional ball game and Gatlinburg trips, I haven’t spent any real time in East Tennessee since college. (Carson Newman grad) I miss the views.
My Aunt and Uncle live in Jefferson County. They are closer to White Pine than Jefferson City.

Reactions: Nkyvolfan
Well, the power is out, so I’ve fired up a Sancho Panza double maduro on the porch and am being entertained by the hummingbirds.

Reactions: txbo
Find this small cigar in my humidor in a tube. Couldn’t remember anything about. Lit it up, nothing special, looked it up and realized it was probably one of my grandfather’s that my mom gave me. He’s been dead 30 years. I think they were some of his “fishing” cigars. I enjoyed but I doubt anyone else would….and the whisky didn’t disappoint
There's nothing that tastes better than a memory cigar.

I bet that was one hell of a smoke.

I'll raise a glass to your grandfather. Cheers

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back