Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Yes, I’m sure Tom is somewhere singing a most wonderful song to finish the day. Probably making his way home from the edge of his forest.

😁

Of course he is. Goldberry is waiting.

Another Cuban I have interest in trying. 55 is a solid ring gage but I dont really consider it a "fatty" like the 60s. Give us a write up on it :)

Reactions: loggervol
I haven’t smoked a Cuban in a long, long time.
And even though I look for an X in every shop I enter, I really don’t want to spend that kind of cash on a cigar when there are so many great sticks for under $10. To each his own.
Having said that, the Oliva Connecticut I smoked last night was incredible. It came in a value bundle and I considered it a “filler” to create the value of the bundle. It was a little too mild for my initial liking but the last third was amazing. Not sure what I was tasting. Something sweet maybe. Seems like the amount of smoke increased as well. Highly recommend this for my smoking buddies or to have on hand to give to your golf buddies when playing a round.

Of course he is. Goldberry is waiting.

Another Cuban I have interest in trying. 55 is a solid ring gage but I dont really consider it a "fatty" like the 60s. Give us a write up on it :)
I'm terrible at identifying tastes. I will say it's a very smooth favorful cigar. There were no particular tastes that overwhelmed it. It never got particularly hot. Just a full warm smoke throughout the burn. Very relaxing.

I have one more. I'll try do give you a better description on it.

I haven’t smoked a Cuban in a long, long time.
And even though I look for an X in every shop I enter, I really don’t want to spend that kind of cash on a cigar when there are so many great sticks for under $10. To each his own.
Having said that, the Oliva Connecticut I smoked last night was incredible. It came in a value bundle and I considered it a “filler” to create the value of the bundle. It was a little too mild for my initial liking but the last third was amazing. Not sure what I was tasting. Something sweet maybe. Seems like the amount of smoke increased as well. Highly recommend this for my smoking buddies or to have on hand to give to your golf buddies when playing a round.
There are many that would argue that many of the new world non Cuban cigars are every bit as good.... some would say better.
There's certainly, for me, the allure of smoking something I'm not allowed to have.

IMG_0644.jpeg

I know when you were saying new world this wasn’t what you meant. Well maybe you were. 🥸
There are many that would argue that many of the new world non Cuban cigars are every bit as good.... some would say better.
There's certainly, for me, the allure of smoking something I'm not allowed to have.
Anyway, I’ve been hearing good things about this Dorado and so far it hasn’t disappointed.

Saltiness, chard wood, leather, nutty and at the back end the saltiness mixes with an espresso and a toffee sweetness. The saltiness and sweetness are prevalent in the first 2/3 and the final third is mostly charred wood, leather, nuttiness and a tiny bit of espresso.

I recommend just on the flavor profile.

We’ll put together cigar, Tons of smoke, not a perfect burn but I never had to touch it up, and a great draw.

Box pressed robusto . Medium/medium + in strength. Smoke time 1 hr 10 min.

Last edited:
View attachment 582219

I know when you were saying new world this wasn’t what you meant. Well maybe you were. 🥸

Anyway, I’ve been hearing good things about this Dorado and so far it hasn’t disappointed.

Saltiness, chard wood, leather, nutty and at the back end the saltiness mixes with an espresso and a toffee sweetness. The saltiness and sweetness are prevalent in the first 2/3 and the final third is mostly charred wood, leather, nuttiness and a tiny bit of espresso.

We’ll put together cigar, Tons of smoke, not a perfect burn but I never had to touch it up, and a great draw.

It’s not what I meant but I’ve heard good things about that smoke. It’s On my list to try.

My cigar inventory has dwindled to AF Rothchilds, Cohiba macassars, and RP vintage 2003s. Just the good stuff.

this-is-such-a-dilemma-whatever-am-i-gonna-do.gif

View attachment 582219

I kept reading saltines, like the cracker, lol!!!
Nice review.

Reactions: loggervol

VN Store

Back