Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Questions for my smoking brethren.
I’m expecting a delivery from CP today and it got me to wondering. These sticks have been in a mail truck or sorting facility for the past 3-5 days of extreme temps. Would there be concern of freezing or freeze thaw cycles? What would be the correct way to acclimate to humidor storage? Zip lock bag in the garage for a day or two? Dry box in the house at room temp or maybe with a wet cotton ball?
Am I overthinking?

Questions for my smoking brethren.
I’m expecting a delivery from CP today and it got me to wondering. These sticks have been in a mail truck or sorting facility for the past 3-5 days of extreme temps. Would there be concern of freezing or freeze thaw cycles? What would be the correct way to acclimate to humidor storage? Zip lock bag in the garage for a day or two? Dry box in the house at room temp or maybe with a wet cotton ball?
Am I overthinking?
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm no expert but I'd stick 'em right in the humidor.

Cigar novice here, in your various practiced experiences, what;s the average time to advance from mild to the more robust levels? Ignore if stupid question.

Cigar novice here, in your various practiced experiences, what;s the average time to advance from mild to the more robust levels? Ignore if stupid question.
I think it’s more personal preference than anything. I think for myself, I like them best either sweet or very bold. If I find one I like, I’ll try it again or maybe something similar from the same company. I’ll finish one and I just know personally if I enjoyed it or not, but I’m certainly a fan of maduros.

I need some guidance. I bought a bigger humidor, seasoned it, moved all my sticks into it. It has a divider, so I have that in place and I've been keeping the humidity device on one side of that divider, against the wall. It has a digital hygrometer, so the humidity was hanging mostly around 67%. I would add distilled water to the humidity device as it was needed and finally was getting the number hanging more around 70%. A couple days ago, I noticed that my humidity was down to 63%, and then I noticed that I was getting mold on the wall next to the humidity device, so I took the device out, wiped the wall down really good, I put a Bovada pack in instead of the humidity device. Any other ideas???

Reactions: loggervol
I need some guidance. I bought a bigger humidor, seasoned it, moved all my sticks into it. It has a divider, so I have that in place and I've been keeping the humidity device on one side of that divider, against the wall. It has a digital hygrometer, so the humidity was hanging mostly around 67%. I would add distilled water to the humidity device as it was needed and finally was getting the number hanging more around 70%. A couple days ago, I noticed that my humidity was down to 63%, and then I noticed that I was getting mold on the wall next to the humidity device, so I took the device out, wiped the wall down really good, I put a Bovada pack in instead of the humidity device. Any other ideas???
I would try a gel humidity system if you don’t already have one. Most of the gel systems are clear and you can see if they’re creating mold unlike some of the other humidity systems.

Reactions: Regulator
I think it’s more personal preference than anything. I think for myself, I like them best either sweet or very bold. If I find one I like, I’ll try it again or maybe something similar from the same company. I’ll finish one and I just know personally if I enjoyed it or not, but I’m certainly a fan of maduros.

I just want to add that a bold cigar isn’t always more as far as strength. They just have a bolder flavor.

Go to your local brick and mortar and ask for some suggestions. I can give you some suggestions and I’m sure everyone here would give you some suggestions.

The first suggestion I’ll give is a My Father’s Flor de Las Antillas. This is really good and it’s my first maduro that made me love cigars even more.

1705876833810.jpeg

I just want to add that a bold cigar isn’t always more as far as strength. They just have a bolder flavor.

Go to your local brick and mortar and ask for some suggestions. I can give you some suggestions and I’m sure everyone here would give you some suggestions.

The first suggestion I’ll give is a My Father’s Flor de Las Antillas. This is really good and it’s my first maduro that made me love cigars even more.

View attachment 612670
Thanks! I’ve been buying individuals upon suggestions from my neighboring cigar bar, but I’m ready to order a box from the app.

View attachment 612670
Big fan of My Father’s “The Judge”.

Thanks! I’ve been buying individuals upon suggestions from my neighboring cigar bar, but I’m ready to order a box from the app.
I would try some 5 packs first. Thompson’s cigar have some really good 5 pack deals. Sometimes a box is overwhelming especially if you’re a novice. The reason I’m saying this is because I know. When I first started smoking cigars, I bought a box and I wasn’t completely happy with what I bought. So, make sure that you’re happy with what you like before buying a box and a 5 pack is a cheap and easy way to start.

I would try some 5 packs first. Thompson’s cigar have some really good 5 pack deals. Sometimes a box is overwhelming especially if you’re a novice. The reason I’m saying this is because I know. When I first started smoking cigars, I bought a box and I wasn’t completely happy with what I bought. So, make sure that you’re happy with what you like before buying a box and a 5 pack is a cheap and easy way to start.
Prolly what I meant by “box”, since my lil humidor only holds five. I’ll learn the lingo as I muddle along. 😉

Prolly what I meant by “box”, since my lil humidor only holds five. I’ll learn the lingo as I muddle along. 😉
If you’re interested in a slightly larger humidor, I’ve got a 20 count one I’ll sell you for $30 + shipping. I’ll include that digital hygrometer.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 8

VN Store

Back