Clarence Thomas in Hot Water (Alito too!)

That's because his wife is a complete loon intent on influencing his decisions.

This is why liberal men are so cringy.

For most of us it’s: man meets woman, they learn about each other’s value and move forward if they’re aligned.

For many liberal men it’s: man meets woman, learns about her values, and then says “I believe everything you do!” #MaleFeminists

So in Luther’s mind clearly all men must date the way he does by trying their best to show to have no values of their own and merely mimic those of the woman. #ImWithHer

For most of us it’s: man meets woman, they learn about each other’s value and move forward if they’re aligned.

For many liberal men it’s: man meets woman, learns about her values, and then says “I believe everything you do!” #MaleFeminists

So in Luther’s mind clearly all men must date the way he does by trying their best to show to have no values of their own and merely mimic those of the woman. #ImWithHer
#BelieveAllWomen

Remember that batshit crazy nonsense? Good times.

Even attacking his wife? His wife is a crazy right-wing extremist who took part in trying to subvert the election result.

Over a 10-year period--10 years--Thomas did not ask ONE question of attorneys arguing cases before the Supreme Court. Not one.
That redefines the term unqualified lightweight.
MeidasTouch
18m

MORE CORRUPTION: Harlan Crow made a $500,000 contribution to Ginni Thomas' Liberty Central, which in turn, paid her $120K a year salary! Clarence Thomas failed to disclose his his wife’s income during this period and the sources of Liberty’s funds were not publicly disclosed.

Some corruption before jibbering "MORE CORRUPTION", might be in order.

"Subverting" elections via contesting them is legal. So, no corruption there. BTW, you calling someone crazy...

It may surprise a chattering monkey that justices not chattering during oral arguments by the lawyers before them has a lengthy history. It's actually been somewhat common, depending upon era and the court's makeup, of not using that time to query presenting lawyers while petitioning their fellow justices, but to listen to the arguments being made. In Defense of Clarence Thomas So, no corruption there and certainly not an indicator of judicial weightiness. By your ruler, Scalia is a legal giant, and Marshall not so much. Maybe you just don't like black justices.

Virginia Thomas' income is apparently entirely legitimate and has no discernible link to the court. That Thomas didn't disclose it is worth CJ Roberts inquiring of him, but it's not a crime - there's no indication taxes weren't paid on it/evaded - so no corruption there.

You may resume jumping from limb to limb scolding wicked conservatives.

LOL What wife doesn’t try to influence their husband?

Apparently judges can't have new friends after assuming the bench, or wives that don't keep their trap shut.
Would explain the Erase Women movement the party is obsessed with.

We have an opportunity to destroy Title IX. As football is the primary problem (85 male scholarships the have to be offset by female scholarships or a reduction in other male scholarship sports), and given the idiotic bent of the left, we need football teams to declare they are female and blow up the entire silly system.

Apparently judges can't have new friends after assuming the bench, or wives that don't keep their trap shut.
Would explain the Erase Women movement the party is obsessed with.

Totally lame. New friends who are corrupting the justice with luxury trips and many other gifts? Learn how corruption works.

Some corruption before jibbering "MORE CORRUPTION", might be in order.

"Subverting" elections via contesting them is legal. So, no corruption there. BTW, you calling someone crazy...

It may surprise a chattering monkey that justices not chattering during oral arguments by the lawyers before them has a lengthy history. It's actually been somewhat common, depending upon era and the court's makeup, of not using that time to query presenting lawyers while petitioning their fellow justices, but to listen to the arguments being made. In Defense of Clarence Thomas So, no corruption there and certainly not an indicator of judicial weightiness. By your ruler, Scalia is a legal giant, and Marshall not so much. Maybe you just don't like black justices.

Virginia Thomas' income is apparently entirely legitimate and has no discernible link to the court. That Thomas didn't disclose it is worth CJ Roberts inquiring of him, but it's not a crime - there's no indication taxes weren't paid on it/evaded - so no corruption there.

You may resume jumping from limb to limb scolding wicked conservatives.

The gangster tried to subvert the election as neither him nor his attorneys nor the Crazy Pillow Man ever had a scintilla of evidence of vote fraud, which is why the cases they took to court, or tried to, were all quickly thrown out or denied. Lying about vote fraud for weeks when you've been told by White House attorneyes AND the Attorney General, among others, that there was no evidence of vote fraud is trying to subvert the election. Trying to bully a state election official into finding you more votes is unlawful and trying to subvert an election. I suspect the gangster will be indicted for these reasons--let's see. That's for playing.

As for Thomas, I didn't say that not asking questions during arguments made him corrupt. Not asking any questions for 10 years makes him what he's always been--a complete lightweight and joke of a justice. SCOTUS justices /alway ask questions of attorneys presenting their cases to the courts. They don't ALL ask questions in every case, but over the course of a single session all would normally ask questions in various cases. To ask no questions for 10 years is, I'm quite sure, unprecedented and the mark of a detached, incurious and unintelligent justice. Thanks for playing.

Virginia Thomas as a link to the court---her husband. I'm quite sure it's rare to a certified political extremist as the spouse of a SCOTUS justice--so much so that she helped to organize Jan. 6 and was active in trying to subvert the election. Thomas should have recused himself from a Jan.6 case before the court for that very reason--but he didn't, because he's corrupt. Thanks for playing.

The point you struggle to express here is predictably lame.

Good story on how Republicans in the Tennessee House are abusing power--and rather blatantly. It's corruption. Fear of losing
is turning the GOP into a very corrupt party.

"But it is true that the U.S. Supreme Court has never had a binding code of ethics, unlike every other court in the country," said Graves, who was also chief counsel for judicial nominations for the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. "And that reform is long overdue."

Ethics and legal experts told USA TODAY on Friday that Supreme Court law and policy is indeed vague when it comes to such gifts. While the justices are required to report gifts they have received on their annual financial disclosure reports, an exemption is allowed for hospitality from friends.

So what's the problem? Shady? Maybe. Illegal? No.

It's very unethical, which equals corrupt. But you feel free to pretend that it isn't.

The gangster tried to subvert the election as neither him nor his attorneys nor the Crazy Pillow Man ever had a scintilla of evidence of vote fraud, which is why the cases they took to court, or tried to, were all quickly thrown out or denied. Lying about vote fraud for weeks when you've been told by White House attorneyes AND the Attorney General, among others, that there was no evidence of vote fraud is trying to subvert the election. Trying to bully a state election official into finding you more votes is unlawful and trying to subvert an election. I suspect the gangster will be indicted for these reasons--let's see. That's for playing.

As for Thomas, I didn't say that not asking questions during arguments made him corrupt. Not asking any questions for 10 years makes him what he's always been--a complete lightweight and joke of a justice. SCOTUS justices /alway ask questions of attorneys presenting their cases to the courts. They don't ALL ask questions in every case, but over the course of a single session all would normally ask questions in various cases. To ask no questions for 10 years is, I'm quite sure, unprecedented and the mark of a detached, incurious and unintelligent justice. Thanks for playing.

Virginia Thomas as a link to the court---her husband. I'm quite sure it's rare to a certified political extremist as the spouse of a SCOTUS justice--so much so that she helped to organize Jan. 6 and was active in trying to subvert the election. Thomas should have recused himself from a Jan.6 case before the court for that very reason--but he didn't, because he's corrupt. Thanks for playing.

WTF? I wasn't referring to Trump but V. Thomas and your assertion she tried to subvert the election. There is no law preventing either a candidate challenging elections, nor citizen involvement. In fact, citizens - lawyers - are the primary instruments of such challenges. V. Thomas is perfectly within her rights to contact any damn person she pleases to encourage challenge. Ergo, no "CORRUPTION".

No, you didn't which say Thomas not asking questions made him corrupt which is why I inquired the basis for "MORE CORRUPTION" - ??

Every wife of a justice has a link to a court as do their many acquaintances - so? 'Extremist' is your characterization. Now, how did V. Thomas help organize the J6 protest, but more importantly the violence you seem to imply she had a hand in? There's no reason for C. Thomas to recuse himself except to satiate your fevered mind; I missed the rule or statute placing the condition of Turbovol approval upon whether a justice hears a case...hmm.

You're welcome my checkmated, screeching simian friend.
Again, if you had the faintest concern with rule of law, you'd be able to stick to facts of legality. And, perhaps, the scattershot rambling of your own argument.

Totally lame. New friends who are corrupting the justice with luxury trips and many other gifts? Learn how corruption works.

How do you corrupt a justice whose court you never have a case in front of? By having vacation with friends - guffaw! - ?
Learn how logic works...SCREEEECH!

WTF? I wasn't referring to Trump but V. Thomas and your assertion she tried to subvert the election. There is no law preventing either a candidate challenging elections, nor citizen involvement. In fact, citizens - lawyers - are the primary instruments of such challenges. V. Thomas is perfectly within her rights to contact any damn person she pleases to encourage challenge. Ergo, no "CORRUPTION".

No, you didn't which say Thomas not asking questions made him corrupt which is why I inquired the basis for "MORE CORRUPTION" - ??

Every wife of a justice has a link to a court as do their many acquaintances - so? 'Extremist' is your characterization. Now, how did V. Thomas help organize the J6 protest, but more importantly the violence you seem to imply she had a hand in? There's no reason for C. Thomas to recuse himself except to satiate your fevered mind; I missed the rule or statute placing the condition of Turbovol approval upon whether a justice hears a case...hmm.

You're welcome my checkmated, screeching simian friend.
Again, if you had the faintest concern with rule of law, you'd be able to stick to facts of legality. And, perhaps, the scattershot rambling of your own argument.

Turbo doesn’t even know what thread he’s in (see random post about TN republicans). Give him a break

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I hope AOC never goes away. Well, until she’s fat and old - then she can go.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls Justice Clarence Thomas' trips a 'very serious problem' that warrants impeachment
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/09/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-clarence-thomas/index.html

Good pic, such a babe -

View attachment 545697

AOC campaign did not 'properly' disclose expenses: FEC probe

Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff illegally moved $885G in campaign contributions 'off the books,' FEC complaint alleges

AOC.png

Mega, mega mega… Mega, wealthy people are all mega donors to someone. Again you’re stating that justices can be friends and vacation with their sea ray, 900 square-foot condos on the beach owners, but not those with more. His mega friends have had no known business before the court.

So? Are you stating justices cannot make new friends after taking the bench?

SCOTUS governs itself, federal gifting restrictions don’t apply to them. And as mentioned elsewhere, you stretch the definition of gift, to present a narrative.

I am saying that they should be held to a higher standard. You apparently have none. Plane tickets, resort room nights and staying for extended periods on a mega yacht qualify.

Clearly you are correct. No non cringy man could believe in equal rights. You are the one who's cringy.

I am saying that they should be held to a higher standard. You apparently have none. Plane tickets, resort room nights and staying for extended periods on a mega yacht qualify.

Throwing out words like "mega" is nothing but fluff journalism. There's nothing at all wrong with what Clarence Thomas did. He went on a trip with a "best of friend of 25 years". That's what friends do. This was nothing but a hit piece by a liberal media. Nothing will come of it because there's nothing there

Did he receive plane tickets or discounted/free resort rooms?

How big does a boat need to be reportable?

“Harlan and Kathy Crow are among our dearest friends, and we have been friends for over twenty-five years. As friends do, we have joined them on a number of family trips during the more than quarter century we have known them,” Thomas said in a statement issued by the high court.

“Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable.”

Like insider trading? Or is that different, I don’t see you having that same energy when Nancy gets in or out before news hits.

VN Store

Back