Coach BJ tests [lack of] 'sharpness' of UT

I believe brainiac inferred from the 4 win comment that right now we are a 4 win team due to our offense's lack of knowledge in a tight final minute scenario.

If that was his inference then he should have set it up in a much more clear fashion. The difference between claiming this is a "four win team right now" and saying that this is a "four win team" is astronomical in terms of conveying his point.

If he was indeed trying to say that we need a lot of practice (considering every team in the nation does since we're through one week of practice) then posting it as a stagnant "we're going to win four games this year" was a sloppy and unclear way to establish his argument as it makes it seem as if we will not improve between now and the 31st.

Reactions: 2 people
Spot on.

Every year, we face one or several games where how we perform under time pressure means W or L. This team isn't going to be blowing but a very few teams off the field. We may have 3-4 games on the line in the last minutes.

At this point, we lose those games. 4 win team.

Much like that against LSU, USCjr, UGA, UNC etc. all of which we lost. On the flip side, we won a tight game against vandy two years back on a miracle. A game that we could just as easily lost.

Reactions: 1 person
4 win team is stretching it. 5 is absolutely in the picture. 6 is what most expect. 7 is also possible if we grow up real quick. 8 wins would mean CBJ is one of the best coaches in the game. 9 or more means hell has frozen over.

If that was his inference then he should have set it up in a much more clear fashion. The difference between claiming this is a "four win team right now" and saying that this is a "four win team" is astronomical in terms of conveying his point.

If he was indeed trying to say that we need a lot of practice (considering every team in the nation does since we're through one week of practice) then posting it as a stagnant "we're going to win four games this year" was a sloppy and unclear way to establish his argument as it makes it seem as if we will not improve between now and the 31st.

This is a ut football forum, not the GRE

Much like that against LSU, USCjr, UGA, UNC etc. all of which we lost. On the flip side, we won a tight game against vandy two years back on a miracle. A game that we could just as easily lost.
History says these we often play like crap in time pressure situations. More Ls than Ws and yes, Vandy was a miracle.

4 win team is stretching it. 5 is absolutely in the picture. 6 is what most expect. 7 is also possible if we grow up real quick. 8 wins would mean CBJ is one of the best coaches in the game. 9 or more means hell has frozen over.

I agree with this, though I think 4 wins seems more probable than 7 wins at this point. But then again I am usually wrong when I predict the season record.

I believe brainiac inferred from the 4 win comment that right now we are a 4 win team due to our offense's lack of knowledge in a tight final minute scenario.

So, he made the coment that we are a 4 win team, then he inferred from his own coment that we are a 4 win team, :blink: ok then. :question::loco:

Last edited:
If that was his inference then he should have set it up in a much more clear fashion. The difference between claiming this is a "four win team right now"

I said "Signs of a 4 win team." Plain enough.

and saying that this is a "four win team" is astronomical in terms of conveying his point.

You're right. Starry-eyed Orange Koolaid drinkers missed the simple, elegant and important point. Now there's a surprise. :crazy:

I accept your "If".

This is a ut football forum, not the GRE

You should be able to clearly communicate an opinion or argument no matter where you're posting it, especially when you know you're stirring the pot and are going to be dealing with several people who adamantly disagree with you.

I said "Signs of a 4 win team." Plain enough.

You're right. Starry-eyed Orange Koolaid drinkers missed the simple, elegant and important point. Now there's a surprise. :crazy:

I accept your "If".

Astronomical has two definitions

1.) ADJ. - of or relating to astronomy

2.) ADJ. - enormously or inconceivably large or great

So slow down before you go parading around behind your keyboard

That wasn't his inferrence. Bran-man is trying to change his argument after the fact. His "inference" was actually blatantly stated.

OK we luck out and win 5, Jesus intervenes and we win 6.

so how does that feel? Super really good?

Not to me. I played on teams that won 80% of their games. I watched 1990s-200x Vol football.

This is atrocious football for UT and this season ain't gonna be any better in terms of W-L %. :bad:

His inference was that the team does, and will, suck. His "inference" was that it will take a miracle to win more than 5 games, luck to win more than 4.

No one should let Bran-man wriggle out of the hole he dug with his own illogic.

:hi:

Astronomical was not mentioned in his text. I believe he had the correct usage o the phrase 'starry-eyed'. Which also has nothing to do with the definition of astronomical.

You should be able to clearly communicate an opinion or argument no matter where you're posting it, especially when you know you're stirring the pot and are going to be dealing with several people who adamantly disagree with you.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...bj-tests-lack-sharpness-ut-3.html#post9000455

:lolabove:

VN Store

Back