College Football is officially a joke

While I agree that Bama is the better team right now, I do think that FSU got hosed. I hear the argument about them not being the same team without Travis, but ever player on that team busted their butt for that undefeated record too. The problem is that there is NO standard metric by which these teams are evaluated. Decisions are being made on who gets in the CFB Playoffs with a justification of, “Well we FEEL like this team is better than that one.” Everything is purely political. Thank goodness that they are going to a 12 team format next year. The only way to ensure a decisive true champion is on the field. Here’s a novel idea, since FSU, OSU, and UGA all have legit beefs about not being in the CFB Playoffs (OSU not so much). Let’s put the 3 of them in a jamboree at Jerry’s world on the day before the National Championship game. Each team plays the other 2 for a half of football. Obviously, whoever scores the most, wins. Since it’s all about revenue anyway, why not.

The argument is "ACC is weak"
Yet somehow the committee thought Florida St was a top 4 team anyway and then they went and beat who THEY also said was the #10 team without their star QB.
Committee is like "lol nah we're gonna drop you too."

At least Georgia is out. But yeah Bama has no business being in there.

You know the W-L doesn't look good or the Week 12 meltdown against an FCS team.

But Auburn played both UGA and AL down to the wire with a basically worthless bullpen of QBs and relatively low ranked recruits.

Not bad Hugh Freeze

None of it is “fair”. Georgia may still be the best in the country. They lost by two bad calls with their two best weapons hobbled. TCU getting in was “fair”, and no one watched the game after ten minutes. You can bet the advertisers had a voice in who was in this year.
I missed most of the game. I know about the catch that should've been incomplete but what was the other call?

I like the sport of college football, but I don't like the NCAA and how it is handling NIL, the officiating or the post-season selection process in football.

Next year, maybe the post-season selections and format will be better?

The argument is "ACC is weak"
Yet somehow the committee thought Florida St was a top 4 team anyway and then they went and beat who THEY also said was the #10 team without their star QB.
Committee is like "lol nah we're gonna drop you too."
If FSU blows out Louisville or wins convincingly last night they might very well be in the playoff today. Perhaps that’s why they still had them at 4 earlier this week.

They won last night but it was very ugly. Didn’t look competent on offense. It probably affirmed the committees belief that without Jordan Travis FSU is not the same team.

Boo Corrigan, chair of the selection committee, made that very statement on the selection show after the picks were announced. Without Jordan Travis FSU is not the same team. And that’s why they were excluded.

Reactions: VolonTyne
If FSU blows out Louisville or wins convincingly last night they might very well be in the playoff today. Perhaps that’s why they still had them at 4 earlier this week.

They won last night but it was very ugly. Didn’t look competent on offense. It probably affirmed the committees belief that without Jordan Travis FSU is not the same team.
Bro did you forget Bama was THIS CLOSE to losing their second game to a bad auburn team just last week?

If the committee didn't think they were that good they should've dropped them way down previously. They're the ones that said they were that good and that Louisville was that good.

I usually like your takes but your take is weak. Georgia was ranked 1 but how have they looked this year? Struggled more than when they were head and shoulder's above everyone else the last two years. They dropped them all the way to 6th so not the number 1 team in final rankings. Best win was Ole Piss. I think with the eye test Ohio State is better than Bama. I will say this, if Bama had beat Auburn like a top 4 team should then I could see the argument.
Alabama beat Auburn with a game that looked a lot like Michigan barely beating Maryland. I agree that OSU is a top team. I’m just saying Bama beat very good teams and had one loss against a playoff team very early in the season. FSU had the 55th ranked schedule and is now a team that can’t score. Do any of us think they could beat Alabama or Georgia? Great news. We’ll find out in the Orange Bowl.

If the committee didn't think they were that good they should've dropped them way down previously. They're the ones that said they were that good and that Louisville was that good.

What I hate is the media got marching orders from CFP to say “it’s always been about getting the 4 best teams every year” when there are countless examples of them balancing the best teams vs most deserving. Hell last year was 1 with TCU being 12-1 and getting the 3 spot.

4 best teams are in. The fact is the playoff has always been flawed wit only 4 teams.

I usually like your takes but your take is weak. Georgia was ranked 1 but how have they looked this year? Struggled more than when they were head and shoulder's above everyone else the last two years. They dropped them all the way to 6th so not the number 1 team in final rankings. Best win was Ole Piss. I think with the eye test Ohio State is better than Bama. I will say this, if Bama had beat Auburn like a top 4 team should then I could see the argument.
And just to note the obvious as shown in my screen name, it takes a little luck and a little magic to make it. We did everything we could in 98 to lose to Syracuse, and Arkansas had us dead to rights. It takes a break. Sometimes Stoerner fumbles and you get to go. Sometimes Peyton is your qb and you stay home. You play the cards you’re dealt. FSU has a 55th sos and no qb. They had a good year. Now they get to go lose to Georgia to celebrate.

Reactions: wesley21
If Bama does win it all, this controversy will go away. If they are last year TCU, this will drag on forever like the 2000’ FSU BCS decision over Miami.

I just don’t see Bama as good as Bama of old.

It’s a bigger joke if Bama does win it. Then it’s an invalid national champion lmao

Reactions: 9876543vol

VN Store

Back