College Football is officially a joke

I believe the committee did the right thing, I just didn't believe they had the guts to do it. FSU played no one. NO ONE. I don't like Bama but their schedule was far above FSU's. If FSU played Bama's schedule what would have their record been? NOT UNDEFEATED. I will go farther and say if you wanted the best 4 in you would have had to let UGA in, and no I don't know whose place they would have taken but I fully believe they are one of the best 4 in the nation.

Reactions: feathersax
Not sure if there’s more of a beef with Bama or Texas, but definite crock that FSU didn’t get a spot. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule.
Texas beat Alabama head to head… Alabama barely beat Arkansas and needed a miracle to beat Auburn.. Alabama has no business being in the playoff.

They mad the right decision. Fsu would get murdered by any.of.the top 4 teams. If they want serious consideration, start scheduling serious opponents. Granted florida and clemson are in a down period, but.you have.to anticipate that when.you are.in a gravy conference.
Start scheduling serious opponents? What? They played and won against two power 5 conference opponents on the road to include a more impressive win over LSU then Bama was able to muster.

What else were they supposed to do? And contrary to popular opinions all this talk of FSU getting blown out is not a certainty. The favored teams don’t always win, games actually have to matter.

I believe the committee did the right thing, I just didn't believe they had the guts to do it. FSU played no one. NO ONE. I don't like Bama but their schedule was far above FSU's. If FSU played Bama's schedule what would have their record been? NOT UNDEFEATED. I will go farther and say if you wanted the best 4 in you would have had to let UGA in, and no I don't know whose place they would have taken but I fully believe they are one of the best 4 in the nation.
FSU beat LSU by 21 worse than Bama beat them at home. They beat Florida as well not saying much I know but we certainly didn’t and they did it with their backup at night and at the swamp. They have an elite good defense as well that can hang with anyone. They absolutely got screwed in being left out of the playoff it’s a travesty really to be a power 5 team and go undefeated and win your conference and be left out. Georgia is one of the most talented teams no doubt but they lost at the worst time possible and blew their chance and this season didn’t allow any late season slip ups unlike 2021 where Georgia could afford a loss in the SEC title game. And Georgia’s schedule was overall pretty weak they had to go undefeated pretty much.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
They mad the right decision. Fsu would get murdered by any.of.the top 4 teams. If they want serious consideration, start scheduling serious opponents. Granted florida and clemson are in a down period, but.you have.to anticipate that when.you are.in a gravy conference.
This is the whole problem. People have opinions based on a narrative without looking at the actual schedule. They won OOC games @Death Valley and @ The Swamp. I’d call that pretty serious lol.

You left out the part after “Bama lost to a top 4 team”. It should have continued that “FSU did not lose to any team”.
Of course didn’t play anyone?

How many SEC teams would have been undefeated with the FSU schedule?

This is the whole problem. People have opinions based on a narrative without looking at the actual schedule. They won OOC games @Death Valley and @ The Swamp. I’d call that pretty serious lol.
FSU played LSU in Orlando this season

I'm watching it. The biggest problem with the CFP has been the games/matchups have been lopsided. They did their best to prevent that. FSU deserved to go. But I don't deserve to watch them get boatraced
If FSU deserved to go they would not get boatraced. I still think the 4 best teams at this point are Mich, Texas, Bama, and GA. I have changed a little the 4 best after watching more.

Reactions: JustinVol
The committee has been corrupt since the day it was formed.

As long as Alabama fields a team, college football will be corrupt.

It amazes me how an otherwise nothing of a state can carry so much power in the college football world.

Reactions: mpfvol
TCU wasn't down to their 3rd string QB either.
Honestly kind of worse. TCU lost their conference title game with Duggan. FSU won theirs with their 3rd string QB. FSU won last night and at Gainesville because their team elevated themselves, not just relying on one player. A question for the committee is, if FSU is not the better team because they are missing Travis, then why are they still ranked 5th?

Reactions: cgrish
Politics over algorithms. Awesome.

Knew it would come to something like this 2 years before BCS faded completely away due to the bashing on E$PN. That's right. E$PN sneezes and CFB/NCAA gets pneumonia. The liberals at E$PN hate the south and favor Big 10 / PAC 12 (just like ABC, NBC used to do in the 70s and 80s). With the BCS, SEC schools were winning NCs over and over and over and over.... they had to do something. And they did. They discredited the BCS and now here we are.

It really is a win/win for E$PN however. Next year, there will be more playoff games and guess what.....more advertising revenue. That (while lessoning SEC's dominance) was the ENTIRE POINT ALL ALONG.
Don’t look at ESPN’s algorithms if you want algorithms over politics.

ESPN algorithms are more like a fantasy story.

Honestly kind of worse. TCU lost their conference title game with Duggan. FSU won theirs with their 3rd string QB. FSU won last night and at Gainesville because their team elevated themselves, not just relying on one player. A question for the committee is, if FSU is not the better team because they are missing Travis, then why are they still ranked 5th?
You have a very valid point on why FSU is ranked above GA.

Reactions: DixieVol
You'll have to ask the committee because that's literally what they've said they were.
Imagine being undefeated in a power 5, win the conf by beating the #10 team and getting jumped by 2 1 losses. Wth
Of course that #10 team got beat by a middle of pack SEC team.

Beating Florida wasn’t much of a feat unless you’re us. LSU was in Orlando way before LSU’s offense got on track. FSU also barely beat Boston College, Clemson and Miami. They just aren’t that good. If they’re as good as they think they are, they can work it out with Georgia.

VN Store

Back