College Football is officially a joke

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
The committee didn’t want another TCU type thrashing of 65-7. FSU most definitely deserved it. But with Travis out, you can sit here with a straight face and say they are one of the top 10 teams, much less top 10. Any team in the top 10 right now would be favored against FSU without Travis.

Fun fact- ACC Commish was 1 of 3 people that voted against expanding the CFP to 12 teams this year. But voted for the expansion of it starting next year. Guess he shouldn’t have voted against it and FSU would be in this year.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Politics over algorithms. Awesome.

Knew it would come to something like this 2 years before BCS faded completely away due to the bashing on E$PN. That's right. E$PN sneezes and CFB/NCAA gets pneumonia. The liberals at E$PN hate the south and favor Big 10 / PAC 12 (just like ABC, NBC used to do in the 70s and 80s). With the BCS, SEC schools were winning NCs over and over and over and over.... they had to do something. And they did. They discredited the BCS and now here we are.

It really is a win/win for E$PN however. Next year, there will be more playoff games and guess what.....more advertising revenue. That (while lessoning SEC's dominance) was the ENTIRE POINT ALL ALONG.

FSU got screwed. I’d take FSU over Washington at this point. Washington being a shoe in somehow but FSU is a huge debate is mind boggling. Their schedule wasn’t that impressive outside Oregon and they’ll get smoked again like they do every time they go to the playoff.

What I hate is the media got marching orders from CFP to say “it’s always been about getting the 4 best teams every year” when there are countless examples of them balancing the best teams vs most deserving. Hell last year was 1 with TCU being 12-1 and getting the 3 spot.
They're used to taking their (universally applied) marching orders from someone.

And just to note the obvious as shown in my screen name, it takes a little luck and a little magic to make it. We did everything we could in 98 to lose to Syracuse, and Arkansas had us dead to rights. It takes a break. Sometimes Stoerner fumbles and you get to go. Sometimes Peyton is your qb and you stay home. You play the cards you’re dealt. FSU has a 55th sos and no qb. They had a good year. Now they get to go lose to Georgia to celebrate.
I will be pulling for them to beat Georgia. Georgia almost dropped one to Auburn. They also had a soft schedule. They are really good but I do not think they are as good as the past. I think it will be an interesting game. The D is legit.

Reactions: tbh
On the other hand, if the committee put FSU into the CFP, everyone would go nuts when Michigan embarrassed them in the first round. Probably better for the committee to take their lumps now and set up a really good football game.

Kinda like everyone went nuts when Michigan embarrassed TCU as expected last year…oh wait.

Nobody…repeat NOBODY…knows exactly how these games will turn out until they are actually played.

FSU earned their right to have a chance. An utter disgrace that they won’t get the chance.

Here is all I have to say to those who keep saying FSU wouldn't be favored so why not leave them out. Results matter more than your opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231203_142747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_142747_Chrome.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20231203_142943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231203_142943_Chrome.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 10
Not quite. We would still have the 1 UGA loss at that point. It would have only been a discussion for the last spot with another 1-loss non-conference champion (Ohio State) in that case.
If we had taken care of SC last year, we would’ve had a better resume than OSU.

On the other hand, if the committee put FSU into the CFP, everyone would go nuts when Michigan embarrassed them in the first round. Probably better for the committee to take their lumps now and set up a really good football game.
Also stupid Bama will be the best chance to eliminate the cheaters from reaching the National Championship. Truth be told, the committee probably don't want Michighan to win, because of the cheating scandal.

Reactions: 9876543vol
The 4 most deserving teams got in. That's how it should be. UGA played a weak schedule and lost one of their big games. FSU's toughest conference game was Duke....

I'm glad UGA didn't get in. Hope Bama loses 1st round.

Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
Imo strength of schedule does matter. Imo the 4 best teams are 1. Michagin, 2. Washington, 3. Ga. 4. Bama. Everyone has their opinion.

If Bama does win it all, this controversy will go away. If they are last year TCU, this will drag on forever like the 2000’ FSU BCS decision over Miami.

I just don’t see Bama as good as Bama of old.
Bama nor Ga. are as good as they have been.

Reactions: DixieVol
They mad the right decision. Fsu would get murdered by any.of.the top 4 teams. If they want serious consideration, start scheduling serious opponents. Granted florida and clemson are in a down period, but.you have.to anticipate that when.you are.in a gravy conference.

Reactions: feathersax
I don’t have any issues with Michigan, but I can’t stand Harbaugh. Michigan didn’t want to play Alabama or Georgia or Texas in the semifinal. They wanted FSU because they’re the weakest option.

Texas looks very solid. I think they will take care of Washington and I believe Alabama will knock off Michigan for a Texas Alabama final.

This is a lot more compelling than a TCU travesty last year we would get with FSU.

The undefeated thing is just that the ACC is a laughably, weak football conference.

More than half of the SEC would go undefeated in the ACC if they were in FSUs spot.

It would not have bothered me if Florida State got in because of their record, but they would’ve just been a first round sacrifice to Michigan.

This 4 is a better set of match ups.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Florida State is better than Georgia, Alabama or Ohio State.
I think Wash. will beat Texas, The Bama that Texas beat is not the Bama today, they are much improved.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back