College Football is officially a joke

Who’s going to score the points for them?

I don’t know they seemed to score enough to win their games after their QB got hurt didn’t they? There’s no argument here. The committed did the wrong thing. Period.

You’re not a true Vol fan if ever pull for Bama.
I am all Vol fan. I am from the South and would pull for any team in SEC to win over other conferences. You must not be from the South if you would pull for Mich. over any SEC team.

I don’t know they seemed to score enough to win their games after their QB got hurt didn’t they? There’s no argument here. The committed did the wrong thing. Period.
I think you will see they made the right choice leaving FSU out when Ga. beats them by 2 or more td. Unless you are one of those who don't think the 4 best teams should be in the playoffs.

I am all Vol fan. I am from the South and would pull for any team in SEC to win over other conferences. You must not be from the South if you would pull for Mich. over any SEC team.
You don’t get it do you ?

So, if it's supposed to be the four best teams, why the crap isn't Georgia in??? They should be livid. Who really believes Georgia is not one of the four best teams?

Exactly. The hypocrisy of that argument. Y’all gonna dead seriously say TCU was one of the best 4 teams last year? Cincy was one of the 4 best teams 2 years ago?! GTFO. It’s all bias garbage.

Reactions: cgrish
I do get it. It appears you don't get it. I had rather an SEC team win the NC as any other conference. I prefer it to be UT Vols, but we are out of the picture at this point, but I believe we will get there. You didn't answer if you are from the South? If GA was in the playoffs I would be for them, if LSU them etc

So, if it's supposed to be the four best teams, why the crap isn't Georgia in??? They should be livid. Who really believes Georgia is not one of the four best teams?
I agree with Georgia I’ll never buy into the FSU point of view.

I think you will see they made the right choice leaving FSU out when Ga. beats them by 2 or more td. Unless you are one of those who don't think the 4 best teams should be in the playoffs.
Then why isn't Georgia in the playoff????? You've debated yourself into a corner.

I do get it. It appears you don't get it. I had rather an SEC team win the NC as any other conference. I prefer it to be UT Vols, but we are out of the picture at this point, but I believe we will get there. You didn't answer if you are from the South? If GA was in the playoffs I would be for them, if LSU them etc
I'm from Tennessee. Born and raised. Buck Fama. Their success hurts Tennessee. The "go SEC" narrative is BS. I will never pull for Tennessee's most hated rival, ever.

Not sure if there’s more of a beef with Bama or Texas, but definite crock that FSU didn’t get a spot. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule.
Had FSU gotten in theu would have been a speed bump. They have absolutely nothing at QB. It qas the right choice to let Texas and Bama in over them

Bama winning another national title or Georgia hasn’t helped Tennessee at all over the last 15 years. You pull for our rivals then you are not a real Tennessee fan you are a trolling on here or you are just one really stupid Vols fan.

Reactions: mpfvol and StickMan
Of course didn’t play anyone?

How many SEC teams would have been undefeated with the FSU schedule?

Between Florida and LSU, who were both defeated by FSU, 9 different SEC teams took a loss. So at best, we can guess that 3 SEC teams may have gone undefeated with FSU’s schedule. Only Ole Miss, Alabama, and Georgia went unbeaten against LSU and Florida. I’m picking FSU over Ole Miss any day this season as they did not play Bama or Georgia close.

Let’s say 2 should have gone undefeated with FSU’s schedule. They did not do so with their own schedules, however.

I’m going to extend an olive branch and say that neither of our arguments is rock solid.

WTF?
Another "SEC" homer.

Rooting for any other SEC team is ig-no-rant.

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.

FSU was robbed. Their AD hit the nail on the head.

Why even play the game if the Committee is going to use its PREDICTIVE "powers" instead of respect what is FACT.

They chose two 1-loss teams instead of an undefeated P5 conference champion.

FSU Vice President and Athletic Director Michael Alford said the committee’s decision was “ridiculous” and a departure from the ultimate goal of sports: To win.

“For many of us, today’s decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff,” he said. “And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field.”

WTF?
Another "SEC" homer.

Rooting for any other SEC team is ig-no-rant.
Not if you know football. SEC success is good for UT Vols because that is the conference we are in. I am glad we are in a strong conference instead of a weak one.

FSU was robbed. Their AD hit the nail on the head.

Why even play the game if the Committee is going to use its PREDICTIVE "powers" instead of respect FACT.

They chose two 1-loss teams instead of an undefeated P5 conference champion.

FSU Vice President and Athletic Director Michael Alford said the committee’s decision was “ridiculous” and a departure from the ultimate goal of sports: To win.

“For many of us, today’s decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff,” he said. “And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators. They have abandoned their responsibility by discarding their purpose – to evaluate performance on the field.”
They can prove they were wrong by putting a beating on Ga. in a bowl game. Or if they get beat by Ga, it will prove they were right.

There's zero argument to put Bama in the playoff. Zero.

Seriously, justify it to me. Tell me what Bama did which was better than 13-0. Tell me.

If we're going to place teams into the playoff based upon anything other than on-field results, let's not waste people's time and just automatically give a spot to the Georgia/Bama game. Or, make it based upon number of predicted drafted players, if it's an "eye test". At least it will be a true beauty pageant rather than the quasi-one we got this year.

VN Store

Back