College Football is officially a joke

Alabama's conference has won the last 4.

Alabama beat 9 SEC teams, including the top team - not only the 3-loss LSU.

Alabama has more than three top=25 wins.

There's no comparison between FSU and Alabama according to your own argument. Hahahahahaha
My argument pertains to two undefeated teams, something Alabama isn't. Alabama had an opportunity to prove themselves on the field in a home game against playoff-bound Texas. They failed. FSU earned a shot to see if they measure up. They've been denied it.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Interesting. Just like that record doesn't matter, and the teams you play do. haha

FSU isn't playing Power 5 schools like Alabama? They didn't beat two SEC teams and win a conference championship in a conference with a winning record against the SEC? They aren't 13-0 compared to 12-1?

You really thought highlighting a mid-major would be your trump card?

If this is your best argument, then step aside. It's as dumb as any for supporting an unsupportable bid for Bama.

Reactions: StickMan
FSU isn't playing Power 5 schools like Alabama? They didn't beat two SEC teams and win a conference championship in a conference with a winning record against the SEC? They aren't 13-0 compared to 12-1?

You really thought highlighting a mid-major would be your trump card?

If this is your best argument, then step aside. It's as dumb as any for supporting an unsupportable bid for Bama.
FSU is playing the 55th best schedule this year so no, they're not playing anywhere near the same level of competition. Try harder next time. lol

Both Alabama and Georgia are better choices that FSU and I hate them. Open your eyes. FSU is not a top-4 team right now, it's indefensible to suggest otherwise.

Wait, are you justifying it by "would"? Holy hell, that's even dumber. Well, I think this will happen is the criteria, not what did happen?
Their two backups had chances to prove themselves and both are terrible. We don't need another 65-7 game.

This was always going to happen with a 4 team playoff. with 5 "Power" conferences someone or two will always be left out. FSU is not a top 4 team right now. Easy.
So if all that matters is the last 2 or 3 weeks of a season, why would any team schedule a difficult non-conference game early in the season? The committee said it doesn't matter that Bama lost to Texas, and it doesn't matter that FSU beat LSU and UF on the road. Why would they ever schedule games like that again? Just imagine if it had happened to us. Imagine if we beat USC last year but was left out of the playoffs because Hooker got hurt. It's just not right. Teams have won the NC with a backup QB plenty of times. There's hundreds of players and coaches in that program that worked their ass off to get where they're at, it's not justifiable to leave them out because 1 player got hurt. No one will ever convince me.

FSU is playing the 55th best schedule this year so no, they're not playing anywhere near the same level of competition. Try harder next time. lol

Both Alabama and Georgia are better choices that FSU and I hate them. Open your eyes. FSU is not a top-4 team right now, it's indefensible to suggest otherwise.
Their two backups had chances to prove themselves and both are terrible. We don't need another 65-7 game.
Turn up your inter-com..................you mom is calling you down in the basement. Your fishsticks are ready in the kitchen.

Like the 2000 FSU bcs decision over Miami? If Miami deserved to be in the title game ahead of FSU, then Washington deserved to be in ahead of Miami.
Seems that season’s situation was so unique. After their loss to Washington, Miami beat two top 5 teams; maybe the teams were #2 when Miami played them.

At season’s end, and after their loss, Miami was blowing teams out while it seems Bama has squeaked by this year.

Not sure if there’s more of a beef with Bama or Texas, but definite crock that FSU didn’t get a spot. All you can do is play the teams on your schedule.

All you can do is play a reasonably decent schedule. Which FSU did not.

Reactions: just bob
Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
Georgia will blow out FSU . The Orange Bowl set up a compelling matchup. If UGA doesn't have a lot of players sit out the game, this will show just how strong FSU and the ACC are in reality.
,s

So if all that matters is the last 2 or 3 weeks of a season, why would any team schedule a difficult non-conference game early in the season? The committee said it doesn't matter that Bama lost to Texas, and it doesn't matter that FSU beat LSU and UF on the road. Why would they ever schedule games like that again? Just imagine if it had happened to us. Imagine if we beat USC last year but was left out of the playoffs because Hooker got hurt. It's just not right. Teams have won the NC with a backup QB plenty of times. There's hundreds of players and coaches in that program that worked their ass off to get where they're at, it's not justifiable to leave them out because 1 player got hurt. No one will ever convince me.
People have been saying things like this since forever and the games still get scheduled because they're great matchups, generate a lot of national interest and help with recruiting.

These two FSU backups have proven to suck.

We don't need another 65-7 game.

FSU is not a top 4 team right now.

Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
Blame whoever it was that started pushing the narrative that a player being hurt counts against a team. No idea when this became a thing.

If that had been Mississippi State or Arkansa in Bamas position does anyone truly believe they jump FSU? What a crock.

I agree with the committee's choices. I'm going to flip your argument. If MSU or Arkansas has been in Bama's position you would not care. You're just blinded by your hate of Bama. FSU is a joke and the ACC is a joke. Being undefeated in a joke conference means nothing. If you're going to let FSU in then let Liberty in. Not all power 5 conferences are created equal.

And let me throw you into a coma now by saying that my number 2 choice after Bama would be Georgia, not FSU.

FSU knows what I am saying is true that's why they tried to flee the conference.

People have been saying things like this since forever and the games still get scheduled because they're great matchups, generate a lot of national interest and help with recruiting.

These two FSU backups have proven to suck.

We don't need another 65-7 game.

FSU is not a top 4 team right now.
shameful

Quote from Sankey about the possibility of no SEC team in the playoffs. “That’s not the real world”, “One of these (conferences) is not like the others.” Alabama should be in. Georgia is also a top 4 team no doubt. Should be in. PAC12, Big12 and ACC Completely subpar. Big10 has two teams that could maybe have a winning record (above .500) in SEC. “Not like the others”. This is big boy football. The other conferences are just a distraction most of the time. Another note I believe ESPN made an obvious effort to not feature SEC games on Gameday this year. I am also on the lookout for some funny business with officials in this years bowl games biased against SEC teams..

Nailed it!

Yep… Our National title in 98 was won without the best player on our roster being available.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back