College Football is officially a joke

Well, FSU had the number 55 strength of schedule and Bama had number 5. Bama lost to to a top four team, and beat the top team. FSU did not play anyone close to a Georgia or a Texas. Someone was going to be sad. They chose the crap commuter college that no one follows. Next year we’ll have a playoff with eight teams that don’t have a chance. That will be really boring.
Also the comittee chair said that without their starting QB, they are not the same team. They are on their 3rd string QB. I remember how lucky we were in 98 to get to play an FSU team with a QB who had somehow beaten UF. He was incapable of leading that team on that stage.

If they were nothing without their starting QB why’d they just win a conference championship without him? Holding a top 15 offense to 6 points? 🤷‍♂️ so defense suddenly doesn’t win championships? Ain’t that the saying everyone loves shouting ? Oh only when it benefits the SEC. Got it.
Everyone knows Louisville isn't that good. They lost to Kentucky lol. FL St would get whooped by any of the top 4 teams.

The gift given to Saban hopefully will be the end of his coaching career. I sincerely hope they win the title and he rides off into the sunset.

Reactions: HammondB3Vol
FSU has a ton of talent across the board... This notion they are basically on same level of TCU vs Georgia is hilarious and just screams you don't watch football.
So you watched the FSU Louisville game and are convinced that FSU has a shot at winning a national championship?

Reactions: just bob
Everyone knows Louisville isn't that good. They lost to Kentucky lol. FL St would get whooped by any of the top 4 teams.
Everyone knows that Auburn is not that good. They just got throttled at home by New Mexico State. And Alabama needed a last second miracle to beat them. Face it, FSU got screwed royally.

If they were nothing without their starting QB why’d they just win a conference championship without him? Holding a top 15 offense to 6 points? 🤷‍♂️ so defense suddenly doesn’t win championships? Ain’t that the saying everyone loves shouting ? Oh only when it benefits the SEC. Got it.
They beat a team that had not won a big game all year plus they lost to KY. Their conference win means nothing to support strength for them. Keep crying but their strength and credibility come from their QB that is injured.

Everyone knows that Auburn is not that good. They just got throttled at home by New Mexico State. And Alabama needed a last second miracle to beat them. Face it, FSU got screwed royally.
Anything can happen in a rivalry game (Iron Bowl). That Alabama team just beat #1 GA, so...

What this basically says is that wins and losses don’t really matter in the end. Win your conference? Doesn’t matter. Go undefeated? Doesn’t matter. The only real thing that matters is the name of your team and who your coach is.

FSU is playing the 55th best schedule this year so no, they're not playing anywhere near the same level of competition. Try harder next time. lol

Both Alabama and Georgia are better choices that FSU and I hate them. Open your eyes. FSU is not a top-4 team right now, it's indefensible to suggest otherwise.

Yes, they played a Power 5 schedule and beat everyone on it, so, that's the deal.

Let me make this easier. You get what you earn. A 13-0 record in a Power 5 playoff is better than a 12-1. Alabama wants to be above the 13-0 team? Cool. Be 13-0 yourself. Then we'll hash it out.

Nope, Al played in that game and to be fair, Lewis, while special, our RB room had some very solid depth unlike FSU’s qb room.
Knew someone would bring up Al Wilson- and maybe rightly so. The point, though, is that key players get hurt and great teams survive. I just think it’s shaky to assume outcomes and base rankings on that. Maybe FSU was over ranked the whole time, but If they were #4 by the committee last week and they beat a ranked opponent by 2 scores, it’s illogical for them to drop.

Michigan also wanted FSU because they had already stolen their signs. I don’t have any issues with Michigan, but I can’t stand Harbaugh. Michigan didn’t want to play Alabama or Georgia or Texas in the semifinal. They wanted FSU because they’re the weakest option.
Texas looks very solid. I think they will take care of Washington and I believe Alabama will knock off Michigan for a Texas Alabama final.

This is a lot more compelling than a TCU travesty last year we would get with FSU.

The undefeated thing is just that the ACC is a laughably, weak football conference.

More than half of the SEC would go undefeated in the ACC if they were in FSUs spot.

It would not have bothered me if Florida State got in because of their record, but they would’ve just been a first round sacrifice to Michigan.

This 4 is a better set of match ups.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Florida State is better than Georgia, Alabama or Ohio State.

Yes, they played a Power 5 schedule and beat everyone on it, so, that's the deal.

Let me make this easier. You get what you earn. A 13-0 record in a Power 5 playoff is better than a 12-1. Alabama wants to be above the 13-0 team? Cool. Be 13-0 yourself. Then we'll hash it out.
"Power" 5 schedule. You really put a lot of stock into that "Power" monicker. They played a bad schedule. Plain and simple.

They didn't earn anything. Winning your conference and going undefeated has never, ever been a requirement. Liberty would be in if that was the case.

What this basically says is that wins and losses don’t really matter in the end. Win your conference? Doesn’t matter. Go undefeated? Doesn’t matter. The only real thing that matters is the name of your team and who your coach is.
Yep, it's not about the top 4 teams in the final rankings, it is an opinion and popularity contest for the 4 playoff teams.

They beat a team that had not won a big game all year plus they lost to KY. Their conference win means nothing to support strength for them. Keep crying but their strength and credibility come from their QB that is injured.
Yet they’re 2-0 with 2 road wins since their QB went down. They’re clearly not the same offensively, but they’re still winning.

Don't need another 65-7.

Oh, wait. This is about some kind of level of entertainment? That's your argument? No wonder you've bought this crap reasoning. And, here you've been trying to present yourself as a greater knowledgeable person.

Look, if you want to turn this sport into synchronized swimming or some other sport where the winner is determined by some kind of panel of judges on artistic merit or some other nonsense rather than Ws or Ls, then you are entitled to your silly opinion.

Oh, wait. This is about some kind of level of entertainment? That's your argument? No wonder you've bought this crap reasoning. And, here you've been trying to present yourself as a greater knowledgeable person.

Look, if you want to turn this sport into synchronized swimming or some other sport where the winner is determined by some kind of panel of judges on artistic merit or some other nonsense rather than Ws or Ls, then you are entitled to your silly opinion.
I like how you just make things up and then argue against whatever you make up. It's entertaining.

VN Store

Back