College Football is officially a joke

Don't need another 65-7.

h0BBWMR.jpg

They beat a team that had not won a big game all year plus they lost to KY. Their conference win means nothing to support strength for them. Keep crying but their strength and credibility come from their QB that is injured.
Yeah punish a team because the QB got hurt. So maybe you can clarify something for me. Does Jordan Travis play defense?

This may have been stated already but I'm not reading through the whole thread.

FSU was voted in the top 4 after their qb went down. If you're going to penalize them for losing their qb then do it right after the injury. Don't keep voting them one of the 4 best teams but then suddenly change your mind the last week of the season after they win their conference title. It's a team sport and their defense stepped up to make up for the lack of qb play.

I guarantee if UGA had won the SEC then FSU would've been in the top 4. I love our conference but this was pure biased and politics to get an SEC team in.

If it was about putting the 4 best teams in then UGA would be in there going for a 3peat.

FSU was voted in the top 4 after their qb went down. If you're going to penalize them for losing their qb then do it right after the injury. Don't keep voting them one of the 4 best teams but then suddenly change your mind the last week of the season after they win their conference title. It's a team sport and their defense stepped up to make up for the lack of qb play.

I guarantee if UGA had won the SEC then FSU would've been in the top 4. I love our conference but this was pure biased and politics to get an SEC team in.

If it was about putting the 4 best teams in then UGA would be in there going for a 3peat.
The committee was able to see their backup qb's play two full games to realize that they suck ***. Not surprising to see them drop. It was the best move.

I like how you just make things up and then argue against whatever you make up. It's entertaining.

You're arguing some hypothetical score based upon our need not to see it.

Nah, I think I got it about right. I just added a little hyperbole for effect. You're arguing for what you think will happen, not based upon what has been earned.

Should we not even bother with the NCAA Tournament, either, or just fill in the Final Four with whomever some group thinks looks the best?

Reactions: dlravol2
Anything can happen in a rivalry game (Louisville vs Kentucky). You're pulling out all stops to make excuses for Alabama, but they don't hold up.
Apparently they do since they are in. They won the SEC.

Look, some of us agree that FL St without their starting QB should not be in the playoff. As far as I've heard, player availability is something the committee takes into consideration, so they have the right to make that decision. Some think FL St not having their starting QB shouldn't matter. They are 13-0 and ACC champions. I get both sides.

Florida and Louisville. Color me impressed. They're ready to take on the big boys now.
Who the teams played shouldn’t matter. Clemson is proof of that. Wins and losses are what matters. If you want to make the argument about putting the best teams in then UGA should be in there. And so should Ohio State. But they aren’t? Why? They both have a loss.

But because it’s Nick Saban and Alabama, they get in. Would we have gotten in if we were in Bamas shoes? No.

If uga won, it would be uga, mich, wash, Texas … still no fsu

Reactions: just bob
I think that'll all depend on who sits. But I'm certainly pulling for them to beat Georgia.
That’s what sucks about bowl games now. We may never really know the answer to what FSU is. I suspect UGA is still the best team in college football and they’ll wear out FSU, but who knows what the opt outs will create.

Who the teams played shouldn’t matter. Clemson is proof of that. Wins and losses are what matters. If you want to make the argument about putting the best teams in then UGA should be in there. And so should Ohio State. But they aren’t? Why? They both have a loss.

But because it’s Nick Saban and Alabama, they get in. Would we have gotten in if we were in Bamas shoes? No.
Of course it matters or Liberty should be in.

Also, I'm not making the argument that the 4 best should be in. That's the actual reason for the committee - to put the 4 best in. Conference champs and undefeated schedule has never, ever been a requirement. Georgia is a top 4 team. FSU is not a top 4 team now.

I wish FSU and the ACC would file a law suit against the CFP committee. Make them lawyer up and make clear definitions of their criteria and be able to show they used this equally and consistently across the board in their evaluation of every team. And also prove they use the same criteria in each poll they release. If anything it would make for good TV.

Reactions: MeanOrange
Apparently they do since they are in. They won the SEC.

Look, some of us agree that FL St without their starting QB should not be in the playoff. As far as I've heard, player availability is something the committee takes into consideration, so they have the right to make that decision. Some think FL St not having their starting QB shouldn't matter. They are 13-0 and ACC champions. I get both sides.
No doubt it was a very tough decision. It's just maddening to me when folks say "it should be the four best teams." That's essentially saying the game results don't really matter. For example, the "four best teams" this year would have to include Georgia. "But they lost in their conference championship game." Well, FSU won theirs. So, which is it???

The committee was able to see their backup qb's play two full games to realize that they suck ***. Not surprising to see them drop. It was the best move.
Then why did they keep them in the top 4 after beating Florida? They're back up didn't play in the title game and would've more than likely have been ready for the playoffs.

If they were top 4 after Florida with their no. 2. Then they should be top 4 after winning their conference title with their 3rd string qb, when they'd be getting their no.2 back by the playoffs. If anything they proved themselves more worthy of being in the playoffs.

Of course it matters or Liberty should be in.

Also, I'm not making the argument that the 4 best should be in. That's the actual reason for the committee - to put the 4 best in. Conference champs and undefeated schedule has never, ever been a requirement. Georgia is a top 4 team. FSU is not a top 4 team now.
But they didn’t put the 4 best teams in. Because if they did then UGA and OSU would be in. OSU is better than Washington IMO and would beat them on a neutral field. So no you beat teams argument fails. Liberty is a bad example. They aren’t a P5 school.

Since the playoffs have started, can you name the undefeated P5 champs that have been left out of the CFP.

VN Store

Back