College Football is officially a joke

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.

Seriously surprised to see these angles. Are we advocating that teams who are much better with much more difficult schedules and conference champions of their own be penalized on behalf of teams who are clearly less competitive like FSU with their pansy ass schedules?

The SEC and their performance over the last 15 years has earned the right given to Bama in this scenario. Everyone in this room knows that UGA and Bama would absolutely skull drag FSU. I know there’s a lot of hatred for Bama but imagine if the same shoe was on UT’s foot? All of the same folks would be incensed. The SEC champion should be guaranteed a spot in the playoff IMO unless trends significantly change. And the conference will only get more competitive next year.

This will all be forgotten when UGA embarrasses FSU in four weeks.

I don't think that is true. The only reason they put Texas at 3 was because it was the only way to get Bama in.

I don’t buy that at all but it’s all just opinions at this point. Texas was in after the way they beat ok state. And they also had the win over the SEC champ. FSU was out regardless. It wasn’t a conspiracy to get Bama in…. Lol

h0BBWMR.jpg

It's interesting that the team being compared to a supposedly unworthy TCU is *not* the team that actually lost to them last year.

I want it right. They were always supposed to consider the things they considered today. FSU is not a top 4 team now.
They might have always been supposed to do that but they NEVER have. I don’t disagree that Bama was better than FSU on Saturday. But was Bama better than FSU last Saturday when they snuck by a pitiful Auburn team on a prayer? Didn’t look like it to me.

By previous criteria, FSU should have been in and that’s my complaint. Got zero respect for people who change the rules in mid-stream.

I do not agree. I think the 4 undefeated conference Champs would've been in it.

You can't put Bama in without Texas, so FSU had to be sacrificed.

We can agree to disagree. I believe Texas was in regardless…ahead of fsu without their QB. FSU performance without him is what left them out. Not a conspiracy to put Bama in.

Reactions: cgrish
We can agree to disagree. I believe Texas was in regardless…ahead of fsu without their QB. FSU performance without him is what left them out. Not a conspiracy to put Bama in.
They were setting up a Texas bama rematch since their first meeting.

Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
I agree I’m a Big Orange Fan since I was a baby but if you go by facts Ohio St deserves in before Alabama. Number 1 sos , lose to Michigan by 6 at Michigan. Alabama loses to Texas at Alabama where we know that they had to beat the officials as well. College Football is a joke. They have took a sport I have watched for years and made a mockery of a shell of the Football I use to crave every Saturday in the Fall

FSU ought to give a big ole FU to college football and decline an opportunity for post season play 😆. Millions of dollars would be lost for the No Clue About Anything organization.

Reactions: adam.vol
Why do we care about any of this? Our team isn’t in the playoff and at least Georgia is out. Sucks about Bama but it is what it is.

Reactions: livefaith
FSU ought to give a big ole FU to college football and decline an opportunity for post season play 😆. Millions of dollars would be lost for the No Clue About Anything organization.
How would the NCAA lose money? They have no affiliation with college football postseason games. Bowl games and the playoff committee are separate entities the NCAA does not control and money doesn’t go to the NCAA.

How would the NCAA lose money? They have no affiliation with college football postseason games. Bowl games and the playoff committee are separate entities the NCAA does not control and money doesn’t go to the NCAA.
So the ncaa doesn’t get a cut?

Reactions: livefaith
As long as we are all conjecturing, let’s talk about conspiracy theories. Boo Corrigan is an NC State and ACC guy, right? He wasn’t very convincing in his explanation. Could it be that he led the fight in the committee room to push out FSU since the Noles made it very public that they were done with the ACC and would go anyplace else that would take them? Inquiring minds want to know.

I agree. Was totally looking forward to seeing Liberty in the playoffs.

16 team playoff. All d1 conf champions are in. Then best records with strength of schedule as a tie break. Call them all bowls from least to most prestigious.

Reactions: volncleveland
Their case is they are undefeated. It's an extraordinarily easy one to make. That's all they need. You go with what's happened rather than some hypothetical.
You and I both know FSU in their current state isn’t a better football team than Bama, Georgia or Ohio State. Losing their QB cost them a spot…

Reactions: Doberman
I'm really shocked at these people who think all of the sudden that FSU is closer to TCU last year than they are to Michigan and Washington this year.....

And why is this year's 13-0 Michigan different from last year's 13-0 Michigan that was beaten by the same TCU whose performance in the subsequent championship game is being used to disqualify FSU?

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Look….. I hate the ass pickin’ in public Bammers as much as anyone can and would have jumped for joy had FSU been selected …can you imagine the crying and what not by the bammers and dawgs?….. But if choosing the four best teams was the task the committee was given…. I think they probably got it right.

Their case is they are undefeated. It's an extraordinarily easy one to make. That's all they need. You go with what's happened rather than some hypothetical.

Except that simply isn’t part of the selection criteria for the CFP..:

So the ncaa doesn’t get a cut?
I don’t think so. College football postseason isn’t like college basketball. The bowls own the rights. The CFP committee is separate from the NCAA. I think it’s called the CFP Administration or something like that.

As long as we are all conjecturing, let’s talk about conspiracy theories. Boo Corrigan is an NC State and ACC guy, right? He wasn’t very convincing in his explanation. Could it be that he led the fight in the committee room to push out FSU since the Noles made it very public that they were done with the ACC and would go anyplace else that would take them? Inquiring minds want to know.

The ACC commissioner had been against college football playoff expansion for some time now and schools in the ACC would have the most to gain by an expanded playoff, particularly this year, if the plan had been able to proceed as scheduled rather than delayed until next year.

The Phillips delay was simply to get the ACC into a better television configuration, they expanded their conference years ago into meaningless markets for their conference television product, gathering sporadic football success in expansion beyond Florida State and by the time they figured out they got no lift from pointless expansion in their TV deals, the SEC and the Big 10 and their TV cash and market demand were light years beyond where the ACC was still fumbling around, expanding with no corresponding television money lift.

The so call "alliance" with the ACC, PAC-12 and the Big-10 remains laughable and the ACC expansion to collect Stanford and Cal with SMU in the midpoint makes no economic sense whatsoever. The commissioners left Florida State out this year because the team was not one of the top 4 teams and they had no compelling reason to placate the ACC or to treat Florida State as they did Michigan or Washington other than possession of an identical record.

By leaving Florida State off the playoff invite list, the selection committee probably accelerated additional realignment of the football schools in the ACC which may have given up on their conference framework and may have given up on their conference commissioner altogether. There are a number of ACC schools that would fall all over themselves to join the SEC, however, they need the SEC much more than the SEC needs them and hopefully the SEC presidents will be judicious and deliberate in further expansion, particularly into markets or university assets that have no value to the most competitive collegiate athletic conference in America.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back