College Football is officially a joke

As long as we are all conjecturing, let’s talk about conspiracy theories. Boo Corrigan is an NC State and ACC guy, right? He wasn’t very convincing in his explanation. Could it be that he led the fight in the committee room to push out FSU since the Noles made it very public that they were done with the ACC and would go anyplace else that would take them? Inquiring minds want to know.
Boo has never been coherent in explaining rankings in his time as chair....

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Boo has never been coherent in explaining rankings in his time as chair....
Maybe I’m being a little harsh on Boo. Maybe he just didn’t fight it very hard. Never underestimate pettiness in any situation.

And the criteria has never been about putting in the “best four” either. They changed the criteria again to suit their bias.

If you say so. The real problem is the 4 team playoff….different from all other college divisions. At least it goes to 12 next year. Problem solved.

If you say so. The real problem is the 4 team playoff….different from all other college divisions. At least it goes to 12 next year. Problem solved.
I know so. Tell me how TCU and Cincinnati were among the “best four” in the years they went. They absolutely were not.

Agree on the 12 team playoff. Hopefully that puts an end to this ridiculous situation.

I think UGA could easily beat Washington. Why no arguments about Washington getting in over them? TBH, UGA probably beats all 4 teams in a playoff situation.

My ideal situation is Alabama smoking Michigan (can’t stand Harbaugh) and then them losing to Washington in the title game. I don’t want Texas winning anything either.

I know so. Tell me how TCU and Cincinnati were among the “best four” in the years they went. They absolutely were not.

Agree on the 12 team playoff. Hopefully that puts an end to this ridiculous situation.

Haha. You know so. That’s funny. Each year has completely different scenarios. I’m done with this nonsense. Take care.

I think UGA could easily beat Washington. Why no arguments about Washington getting in over them? TBH, UGA probably beats all 4 teams in a playoff situation.

My ideal situation is Alabama smoking Michigan (can’t stand Harbaugh) and then them losing to Washington in the title game. I don’t want Texas winning anything either.
If you are going the best 4 teams in football, it would look like this:

1- Michigan
2- Georgia
3- Alabama
4- Texas or Florida State
5- Washington
6- Ohio State

Go UW!

If FSU played Bama's schedule,would they be 13-0? Not a chance! And the committee knew they didn't want another TCU type game .Kinda like this years Orange Bowl. Sorry FSU beat down coming down the tracks !

I didn’t realize anyone could love Bama’s schedule so much. What impressed you the most about Bama’s schedule? What is your favorite thing about Georgia that you look forward to in the Orange Bowl?

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
Shows how the ACC is viewed. Committee got it right…don’t struggle with Louisville while Bama beats the 2 time defending champion.

Haha. You know so. That’s funny. Each year has completely different scenarios. I’m done with this nonsense. Take care.
Figured that was the case. You have no answer because there is no defense. The committee changes the rules from year to year depending on who they need to screw. End of discussion.

Yeah. Let’s give liberty a spot. Actually, you can schedule better.
FSU ooc Florida, LSU, Southern Miss, and North Alabama
Michigan ooc East Carolina, UNLV, and Bowling Green
Washington ooc Tulsa, Boise St and Michigan St.
Bama ooc Texas, Chattanooga, MTSU, South FL.
Texas ooc Rice, Bama, and Wyoming.

Looks like FSU played the better ooc schedule.

The ACC had 3 teams with overall losing records where the SEC had 5 so please explain how we're such a superior conference. They were also 10-9 ooc where the SEC went 7-9.

Reactions: volfan102455
Figured that was the case. You have no answer because there is no defense. The committee changes the rules from year to year depending on who they need to screw. End of discussion.
[/QUOTE

Not really - I just don’t care to waste the time.

You and I both know FSU in their current state isn’t a better football team than Bama, Georgia or Ohio State. Losing their QB cost them a spot…

"You know.." isn't an argument. Getting into the playoff is based upon what you've earned, not some theoretical outcome. Again, why play at all if the results are meaningless?

VN Store

Back