College Football is officially a joke

Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.

So I guess you are saying FSU will beat the Dogs? I think the Dogs will win and by a good margin!

I also think either Texas or Bama would trash FSU. So, the selection was a good one IMO.

Good grief "I think.." is not justification. Who gives a damn about "I think"? You get what you earn. You win and get to keep on pursuing the ultimate crown. You lose and it gets out of your hands. That's sports or any reasonable competition.

Reactions: StickMan
Don’t know if this was said earlier, but I hope Texas wins it all and FSU beats the hell out of Georgia. Perhaps the AP can vote FSU as #1 and we can have a split national champion. Would be perfect ending for this BS.
Ooooh, now THAT would be jooocy! 👍🙂

Unfortunately the opposite is likely true and this "atrocity" will be forgotten everywhere except Tallahassee.

So I guess you are saying FSU will beat the Dogs? I think the Dogs will win and by a good margin!

I also think either Texas or Bama would trash FSU. So, the selection was a good one IMO.
This would be my point. I don't think FSU could beat Bama or Georgia. They were definitely the team to leave out. Unless you believe Michigan should be out because of the cheating

And that same team with their backup QB barely escaped Louisville. A team that got beat by Kentucky which is a team that got beat by UT.

Bama would have absolutely destroyed FSU in a matchup today
I can play that same game. Alabama had to pull a miracle out of their rump to beat an Auburn team who had just gotten mauled at home by New Mexico St. Saying Alabama would absolutely destroy FSU is complete speculation.

Don’t know if this was said earlier, but I hope Texas wins it all and FSU beats the hell out of Georgia. Perhaps the AP can vote FSU as #1 and we can have a split national champion. Would be perfect ending for this BS.
That's like saying you hope UT beats the hell out of Georgia. It ain't happening. Pipe dream.

I have an excellent damn argument. It involves providing an undefeated team with the opportunity to achieve a goal they should be provided before a one loss team attempts to do the same.

Guidelines, like laws, are still subject to discretion and the committee looks at some of their guideline while putting lesser emphasis on others. Their hands were not tied and, by all rights, FSU earned their spot over Bama, which should be eminently obvious to anyone.

They haven't been beaten. Alabama has. Guess who should get to the front of the line?
Do you think FSU ….right now… would beat Bama?

I think they got it right. Its not the most deserving. Its the 4 best. You cant sit there and tell me they look like the same team that beat lsu after travis got hurt. It sucks absolutely. We got shafted last year because our QB went down.

I can play that same game. Alabama had to pull a miracle out of their rump to beat an Auburn team who had just gotten mauled at home by New Mexico St. Saying Alabama would absolutely destroy FSU is complete speculation.
I don't think it's that hard to imagine given what they just did to the #1 team in the country. In my mind Bama wins with 95% certainly. Saban would outcoach the hell out of Norvell.

I'm not sure I've heard a ten-point victory in a low-scoring game in which the victor led wire-to-wire called "barely escaping."
The fact that in the middle of the 4th quarter Louisville could have won it with 1 score when FSU is supposed to be the powerhouse undefeated team like Michigan says that FSU got a scare and barely won.

You left out the part after “Bama lost to a top 4 team”. It should have continued that “FSU did not lose to any team”.
FSU played in the ACC---and rightly got punished for it. It's a crap conference in football--not as bad as it used to be, but still weak.

Not the team with the #55 strength of
schedule. Not FSU fault the conference is weak Every year.
Fixed it for you. Are some people actually arguing that the ACC is on par or better than the SEC? It’s not. And it never will be. It could’ve been, but that ship sailed. If FSU, Clemson were elite at the same time that would go a long way, but it’s always either or. If Miami had done anything in the past 20 years, if VT could get back to where it once was, if GT could get to where it once was, if UNC could actually awake from the “sleeping giant” moniker that has always been around them in my 41 years here, if all of these teams were actually elite, good, and decent at the same time they would be about equal to the SEC, but they never have been. I dont think that’s changing. Ever.

Do you think FSU ….right now… would beat Bama?

You're missing the point. Who cares? You can't base a system on who you "think" will win. You get what you deserve. I go by what has been accomplished or done, which is one team is undefeated. You go undefeated and you get to play for a title until someone beats you. Now they've got a game against a great team in Georgia which is meaningless.

I "think" Florida State is better than Auburn and they should've beaten Bama last week. I "think" Duke was better than Florida Atlantic last year in the NCAA tournament, but the games played out differently and FAU got their earned FF spot while Duke went home in the 2nd round. Placing teams in the playoff on "I think" is stupid and unfair.

Fixed it for you. Are some people actually arguing that the ACC is on par or better than the SEC? It’s not. And it never will be. It could’ve been, but that ship sailed. If FSU, Clemson were elite at the same time that would go a long way, but it’s always either or. If Miami had done anything in the past 20 years, if VT could get back to where it once was, if GT could get to where it once was, if UNC could actually awake from the “sleeping giant” moniker that has always been around them in my 41 years here, if all of these teams were actually elite, good, and decent at the same time they would be about equal to the SEC, but they never have been. I dont think that’s changing. Ever.
Agree the fall of Clemson was hard for the conference. The rest can’t get over the bump of consistency

FSU played in the ACC---and rightly got punished for it. It's a crap conference in football--not as bad as it used to be, but still weak.

Which, of course, is why the ACC has a winning record against the SEC this year and FSU went 2-0 against the SEC this year.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
The fact that in the middle of the 4th quarter Louisville could have won it with 1 score when FSU is supposed to be the powerhouse undefeated team like Michigan says that FSU got a scare and barely won.
In the middle of the fourth quarter they "could have" won it by doing something FSU's defense had kept them from doing throughout the previous three-and-a-half quarters?

Reactions: StickMan
Start scheduling serious opponents? What? They played and won against two power 5 conference opponents on the road to include a more impressive win over LSU then Bama was able to muster.

What else were they supposed to do? And contrary to popular opinions all this talk of FSU getting blown out is not a certainty. The favored teams don’t always win, games actually have to matter.
Just because Florida beat tennesee doesn't mean they are good. The beat LSU first game of the season. It would be a different story today. One tuff game doesn't prove anything.

I don't think it's that hard to imagine given what they just did to the #1 team in the country. In my mind Bama wins with 95% certainly. Saban would outcoach the hell out of Norvell.
They would be favored, but it would most likely be a very close game. FSU's defense is stout.

Here's a few things FSU fans and players can remember...https://youtu.be/gio9C87splM?si=Fr7dCWlzuPp_ltJt

Last edited:

VN Store

Back