College Football is officially a joke

Bama beat the two time champ who won 29 straight. FSU beat just Louisville #16. Dominating is not 10-3 heading into the 4th. If we are discussing fanboys and knowing what we are talking about. Thanks for the meaningless defensive stats though.

No problem. Thanks for the field goal update on a team that needed a miracle to beat Auburn.

Reactions: mpfvol
They did more than win the ACC. They scheduled LSU and beat them by 21. They also beat Florida.

FSU got screwed. Unfortunately it looks like early season games only matter when it’s convenient for the committee.
Both of those SEC games were away from home too. Neutral vs LSU, and @ the Swamp. 2-0 vs SEC this year.

All I can say is Florida St remained undefeated all year while Bama didn't. They earned their right. The whole season counts, not just what opinion heads at the end think. It really takes my interest away.

Bama didn't look too hot a week ago when they needed a miracle to beat a struggling team, but suddenly they are now the best team around according to media. This is a joke tbh.

SEC & CFP mean big $$$$ for ESPN so a non-SEC CFP is not happening
The B1G should be the B2G or MIOS since only one game has mattered since PSU joined the MIOS
1701685636929.png
PSU VS OSU.JPG
2916- 2011 AND 2008 3 PSU WINS SINCE 2006 2001 AND 2005 FOR AND 18 TO 5 RECORD

THE SEC HAS A FINE CHANCE TO SHOW UP THE MIOS THIS BOWL SEASON
BAMA and MICHIGAN
MISSOURI and OSU
OL MISS and PSU
Tennessee and IOWA
Wisconsin and LSU
MARYLAND and AUBURN
Give the SEC 6 shots at B2G opponents

It’s a crock of crap for sure. The silver lining is that Georgia can kiss their three peat goodbye and shut their barking fans up until next season. Everyone knows that Bama has the league on the take it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: General Jack
I don’t like it either, but if you’re asking me who is currently a top 4 team and who isn’t , Bama is and FSU isn’t . Bama beat UGA yesterday, back to back national title winner, winner of 29 straight. FSU has looked mediocre against 2 mediocre teams at the wrong time.
You can bet Saban lobbied hard for Bama. Doubt ACC Commissioner , Phillips, did the for FSU, since they so publicly tried to bolt this past summer

Reactions: bpalmer28
^ YES to all the above ^

When is everyone going to realize the sham that Georgia has been playing under? They've barely played anyone of substance over the past 29 games:

-> in the first natty, Alabama has several KEY players hurt (Metchie, Williams). If AL was healthy, there is no way GA wins the first one (cough, cough...proof FSU doesn't need to be in this year)
-> the next year they beat a 'highly ranked' Oregon team - first game of the season with a new coach...come on, really?
-> in the 2022 semi-final game, Ohio State owned them until the final quarter
-> in the 2022 championship game, TCU's house money ran out

Games they should get credit for:
2021 vs Michigan in CFP (well played dominating game)
2022 vs Tennessee (at home, no less)
2022 vs Ohio State (well, at least the 4th quarter)

So that's what...three out of 29? Everything else has been a case of Jimmy's and Joe's. Five years of top 5 recruiting classes stacked on top of each other and a 38 year old quarterback (who happens to be the lowest ranked drafted quarterback in the NFL this year).

They play in a weak SEC East. Never had to face Alabama in the regular season. Auburn has been a dumpster fire during this run. Face it, the stars aligned for the dogs. Georgia is not one of the top 4 teams. They lost their playoff game on Saturday to the worst Alabama squad in years. There is a reason Kirby is 1-5 vs Saban.
38 year old Stetson Bennett is 2 1/2 months older than Hendon Hooker. So Hooker is also 38? There were also 7 QBs drafted after Bennett. By your logic if GA should only get credit for 3 wins the last 29 games then I guess UT should get credit for none? Not a fan of Bennett or the Dawgs but not a fan of BS either!

"Look, fellow committee members, I know it's not right, but I've been told by Little Nicky and his puppet, Sankey, that Alabama has to be included in this year's top four." - Boo Corrigan, probably

Reactions: tbh
Just because Florida beat tennesee doesn't mean they are good. The beat LSU first game of the season. It would be a different story today. One tuff game doesn't prove anything.
Ahh so it being the first game of the season means it doesn’t count, and a win on the road against FLA doesn’t count either as quality wins. Got it.

Politics not only has taken over the Heisman Trophy, but now college football in general !!!!! When Peyton Manning was screwed out of the Heisman I quit watching it. But as long as the Vols play I will still watch football and just hold my nose !

You know if it had been Tennessee sitting there with 1 loss and winning the SEC championship you'd sh!t all over yourself if they let an undefeated team from the new Big12 or the crappy ACC into the 4 team playoff instead of UT.
Exactly - but the difference is this WOULD happen to Tennessee or any other team not named Bama. The committee even put FSU above UGA in the rankings.

The outrage is in that it never happens to Bama.

I don’t have any issues with Michigan, but I can’t stand Harbaugh. Michigan didn’t want to play Alabama or Georgia or Texas in the semifinal. They wanted FSU because they’re the weakest option.

Texas looks very solid. I think they will take care of Washington and I believe Alabama will knock off Michigan for a Texas Alabama final.

This is a lot more compelling than a TCU travesty last year we would get with FSU.

The undefeated thing is just that the ACC is a laughably, weak football conference.

More than half of the SEC would go undefeated in the ACC if they were in FSUs spot.

It would not have bothered me if Florida State got in because of their record, but they would’ve just been a first round sacrifice to Michigan.

This 4 is a better set of match ups.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind thinks Florida State is better than Georgia, Alabama or Ohio State.
This is a post full of dumb but I’ll just hit the last point as there’s too much dumb to undo here. The committee seemingly disagrees as FSU is ranked ahead of both Georgia and Ohio State, which is partially why this is dumb. If the committee were consistently applying the criteria then so be it but they’re not. That’s the problem.

Here’s something interesting. I’ve seen several people talk about the SOS difference as a main reason for putting Bama over FSU but riddle me this. Before Saturday, ESPN’s SOS had UGA 61st and FSU 54th. They both played top 15 teams. UGA jumped to 37th from playing Bama. That seems like a massive jump for 1 game at the end of the year but ok. Surely FSU got a bump for playing a 10-2 team ranked 14th right? Nope. They went down a spot. How’s that work? Of course this is on the same page as the ESPN FPI rankings that stupidly have Ohio State 1st, Michigan 2nd and Penn State 3rd in the country. I’m sure we can trust their math.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Two 1 loss conference champions in over an undefeated conference champion?
Gone are the days of results on the field. 2 years in a row Bama has gotten a bump for the "how they look". It's no longer just about winning but people's opinions truly matter more. The game has become down right pathetic. College Football is a complete joke on all levels.
1701694668528.jpeg

The simple fact that all 5 power conference champions could go undefeated tells you there must be a component of common sense/eye test. FSU didn’t pass that test. Don’t be dumb.

You are making a false equivalency. Were there 5 Undefeated P5 champs this year?

Why bring up something that didn’t happen to try to make a point?

I hate it for FSU, especially for the players. They did everything they were supposed to do. I think after what happened last year with TCU was a big driving force for the decision that was made. TCU had a miraculous season and did everything they were supposed to do too....until the championship game which was an utter disaster. I think they wanted to avoid that again.

I hate it for FSU, especially for the players. They did everything they were supposed to do. I think after what happened last year with TCU was a big driving force for the decision that was made. TCU had a miraculous season and did everything they were supposed to do too....until the championship game which was an utter disaster. I think they wanted to avoid that again.

See i hate this line of thinking. As much as TcU was not one of the best 4 teams last year, they made the natty. And Michigan is likely the best draw for FSU to have given FSU’s defense. Also Norvell would have 4 weeks for Rodemaker to prep as starter.

Basically what is being said is the committee had a final 2 contending team in FSU that they left out because of a previous year’s team getting blown out with a hell of lot less talent. TCU’s roster compared to FSU isn’t even close.

committee got it right. No one wants to watch FSU’s backup QB get destroyed by Michigan’s defense.

People aren’t as mad about FSU getting snubbed as they are Bama getting yet another shot.

Reactions: BradentonVol
committee got it right. No one wants to watch FSU’s backup QB get destroyed by Michigan’s defense.

People aren’t as mad about FSU getting snubbed as they are Bama getting yet another shot.

I think it’s clear most people are mad about FSU getting snubbed. And once again, where is this coming from that they would get blown out. Are we back to predicting outcomes as a denominator for the playoff now where the body of work doesn’t matter? If so, that’s fine but don’t sit here and say it’s being done the same year after year.

This was in response to the notion that FSU got what they deserved because they should have scheduled differently. They clearly schedule just fine.
TCU says the same thing. FSU barely beat BC. Alabama would roast FSU in a bowl game and Alabama would easily be undefeated with FSUs schedule. As much as I dislike bama, they are the better team.

38 year old Stetson Bennett is 2 1/2 months older than Hendon Hooker. So Hooker is also 38? There were also 7 QBs drafted after Bennett. By your logic if GA should only get credit for 3 wins the last 29 games then I guess UT should get credit for none? Not a fan of Bennett or the Dawgs but not a fan of BS either!
It was (I thought obvious) hyperbole, Im sorry you took it literally.

The point was, Georgia is overrated. Stetson Bennett is older than both Tua and Jalen ( who already have multiple years in the league). Georgia’s high-quality recruiting even made him look good. For crying out loud, even he received an invite to NY and look what he’s done in the league…nothing.

If he was such a great, Heisman quality quarterback, why does he suck so bad in the league? Maybe because all the Jimmys and Joes around him made him look better than he is.

What does credit for Tennessee’s games have anything to do with the argument that GA is NOT one of the four best teams? I was simply answering your question with some statistics on why I believe the dogs are overrated, and their “historic run” is simply the stars aligning.

Too bad for FSU it was college football's chosen ones. You knew they were putting Bubba in after beating UGA.. I don't think they would have let anyone else jump them. Bama privilege.

VN Store

Back