College Football is officially a joke

You're missing the point. Who cares? You can't base a system on who you "think" will win. You get what you deserve. I go by what has been accomplished or done, which is one team is undefeated. You go undefeated and you get to play for a title until someone beats you. Now they've got a game against a great team in Georgia which is meaningless.

I "think" Florida State is better than Auburn and they should've beaten Bama last week. I "think" Duke was better than Florida Atlantic last year in the NCAA tournament, but the games played out differently and FAU got their earned FF spot while Duke went home in the 2nd round. Placing teams in the playoff on "I think" is stupid and unfair.
You know if it had been Tennessee sitting there with 1 loss and winning the SEC championship you'd sh!t all over yourself if they let an undefeated team from the new Big12 or the crappy ACC into the 4 team playoff instead of UT.

This is the whole problem. People have opinions based on a narrative without looking at the actual schedule. They won OOC games @Death Valley and @ The Swamp. I’d call that pretty serious lol.
Oh the irony...go look at who beat florida this year and how bad. Lsu would roast fsu today.

This would be my point. I don't think FSU could beat Bama or Georgia. They were definitely the team to leave out. Unless you believe Michigan should be out because of the cheating
What Power 5 team that played in a championship game this weekend would’ve been beaten by FSU? Maybe Oklahoma State, maybe Iowa. Or what if they would’ve played the top 2 teams from every power 5 conference, instead of Iowa, they get Michigan and Ohio State. They would’ve been beaten soundly by every single top 2 team in the power 5, except Oklahoma State. Can anyone dispute this after what they’ve seen from them the past 2 weekends?

You know if it had been Tennessee sitting there with 1 loss and winning the SEC championship you'd sh!t all over yourself if they let an undefeated team from the new Big12 or the crappy ACC into the 4 team playoff instead of UT.

You're making an assumption based upon knowing nothing. I'll stand firm on an undefeated Power 5 team should get an automatic spot in the playoffs. 100%.

You want to bookmark my statement for the future on undefeated teams always having the priority, go ahead. It won't change.

There is precedent for an undefeated G5 school not getting the playoff for the sake of being 13-0. Don't be dumb
The simple fact that all 5 power conference champions could go undefeated tells you there must be a component of common sense/eye test. FSU didn’t pass that test. Don’t be dumb.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Anything can happen in a rivalry game (Iron Bowl). That Alabama team just beat #1 GA, so...
Did you seriously just say anything can happen in a rivalry game to justify Bamas close game with a 6-6 Auburn team but make fun of Louisville for losing a rivalry game to Kentucky?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
You're making an assumption based upon knowing nothing. I'll stand firm on an undefeated Power 5 team should get an automatic spot in the playoffs. 100%.

You want to bookmark my statement for the future on undefeated teams always having the priority, go ahead. It won't change.
Well it doesn't matter anymore the 4 game playoff is being replaced. So all conference champions will auto make it from now on even if there is a non champion that is a better team but they will make it too with 12 teams.

I'm 100% positive the committee made the right choice. To hell with the ACC it's a trash conference now and it won't even exist in 10 years.

Well it doesn't matter anymore the 4 game playoff is being replaced. So all conference champions will auto make it from now on even if there is a non champion that is a better team but they will make it too with 12 teams.

I'm 100% positive the committee made the right choice. To hell with the ACC it's a trash conference now and it won't even exist in 10 years.

Again, this trash conference had a winning record against the SEC and FSU beat both their SEC opponents, so........

I also think the SEC was the weakest this year as it has been in years and had a losing OOC record.

You are 100% wrong, sorry.

Reactions: 825VOL and Alto1

The fact that the playoffs are expanding plays into this. It was a hard choice, controversial either way, etc.

What it doesn't do is "ruin college football" because, as you say, the expansion makes this issue go away. FSU would get in next year. GA, Ohio State, etc.

There's no "bad precedent" set because this scenario can't happen again. The committee could choose the "best 4 teams" from mostly "the eye test" and get away with it.

Again, this trash conference had a winning record against the SEC and FSU beat both their SEC opponents, so........

I also think the SEC was the weakest this year as it has been in years and had a losing OOC record.

You are 100% wrong, sorry.
I really don't care that FSU beat crappy Florida that proves nothing. We will never know but if someone bet me I'd bet $10k without even thinking that FSU could not beat Bama or Georgia. That would be the biggest no brainer of my life. Hell I'd probably wager $100k.

People overcomplicate this stuff. Any moron can see Bama is way better than FSU. Same with Georgia but both those teams are unlucky to play in the same conference. The SEC is down this year but in no way shape or form could any person say with a straight face that the ACC was better than the SEC at the top. Nope you'd look like a fool. The ACC is trash. Clemson was terrible so FSU won the conference by DEFAULT.

Saban would outcoach Norvell so badly that Norvells own mother would rip his birth certificate clean in half front he shame of it.

I really don't care that FSU beat crappy Florida that proves nothing. We will never know but if someone bet me I'd bet $10k without even thinking that FSU could not beat Bama or Georgia. That would be the biggest no brainer of my life. Hell I'd probably wager $100k.

People overcomplicate this stuff. Any moron can see Bama is way better than FSU. Same with Georgia but both those teams are unlucky to play in the same conference. The SEC is down this year but in no way shape or form could any person say with a straight face that the ACC was better than the SEC at the top. Nope you'd look like a fool. The ACC is trash. Clemson was terrible so FSU won the conference by DEFAULT.

Saban would outcoach Norvell so badly that Norvells own mother would rip his birth certificate clean in half front he shame of it.

Hypotheticals, hypotheticals, hypotheticals, hypotheticals.....

Is this the Alabama which beat Georgia or needed a miracle to beat a 6-6 Auburn? Why am I supposed to give a damn about what should, or could, happen over what actually did? FSU also beat LSU, by the way.

Overcomplicating the stuff is getting into the "What ifs" or "What would happen". Just go with what did and what did happen was 13-0. That's the only fact you need to know.

Is Michigan better than UGA?
Is Washington better than UGA?
Is Texas better than UGA?

If you answer no to any one of those questions then the committee did not do their job and put the 4 best teams in.

They put deserving teams in and FSU was just as deserving as any of the other 3.
^ YES to all the above ^

When is everyone going to realize the sham that Georgia has been playing under? They've barely played anyone of substance over the past 29 games:

-> in the first natty, Alabama has several KEY players hurt (Metchie, Williams). If AL was healthy, there is no way GA wins the first one (cough, cough...proof FSU doesn't need to be in this year)
-> the next year they beat a 'highly ranked' Oregon team - first game of the season with a new coach...come on, really?
-> in the 2022 semi-final game, Ohio State owned them until the final quarter
-> in the 2022 championship game, TCU's house money ran out

Games they should get credit for:
2021 vs Michigan in CFP (well played dominating game)
2022 vs Tennessee (at home, no less)
2022 vs Ohio State (well, at least the 4th quarter)

So that's what...three out of 29? Everything else has been a case of Jimmy's and Joe's. Five years of top 5 recruiting classes stacked on top of each other and a 38 year old quarterback (who happens to be the lowest ranked drafted quarterback in the NFL this year).

They play in a weak SEC East. Never had to face Alabama in the regular season. Auburn has been a dumpster fire during this run. Face it, the stars aligned for the dogs. Georgia is not one of the top 4 teams. They lost their playoff game on Saturday to the worst Alabama squad in years. There is a reason Kirby is 1-5 vs Saban.

Seriously surprised to see these angles. Are we advocating that teams who are much better with much more difficult schedules and conference champions of their own be penalized on behalf of teams who are clearly less competitive like FSU with their pansy ass schedules?

The SEC and their performance over the last 15 years has earned the right given to Bama in this scenario. Everyone in this room knows that UGA and Bama would absolutely skull drag FSU. I know there’s a lot of hatred for Bama but imagine if the same shoe was on UT’s foot? All of the same folks would be incensed. The SEC champion should be guaranteed a spot in the playoff IMO unless trends significantly change. And the conference will only get more competitive next year.

This will all be forgotten when UGA embarrasses FSU in four weeks.
If the shoe was on the other foot UT would not get in and FSU would and that is the problem.

Reactions: mpfvol and Alto1
giphy.gif

FSU Got SCREWED!!!!!

Bad Precedent to set by "The Committee"...

So, if you build depth...and your 3rd String QB STILL WINS Your Conference Championship...AND you Go UNDEFEATED...You're "NOT the same Team you were EARLIER in the Year?"

^according to THIS pencil neck V

Screenshot-2496.png
And most likely a pencil DICK!!!!

giphy.gif

FSU Got SCREWED!!!!!

Bad Precedent to set by "The Committee"...

So, if you build depth...and your 3rd String QB STILL WINS Your Conference Championship...AND you Go UNDEFEATED...You're "NOT the same Team you were EARLIER in the Year?"

^according to THIS pencil neck V

Screenshot-2496.png
Most likely a pencil Dick!!!

You're missing the point. Who cares? You can't base a system on who you "think" will win. You get what you deserve. I go by what has been accomplished or done, which is one team is undefeated. You go undefeated and you get to play for a title until someone beats you. Now they've got a game against a great team in Georgia which is meaningless.

I "think" Florida State is better than Auburn and they should've beaten Bama last week. I "think" Duke was better than Florida Atlantic last year in the NCAA tournament, but the games played out differently and FAU got their earned FF spot while Duke went home in the 2nd round. Placing teams in the playoff on "I think" is stupid and unfair.
so make a case for Liberty. they undefeated

On the other hand, if the committee put FSU into the CFP, everyone would go nuts when Michigan embarrassed them in the first round. Probably better for the committee to take their lumps now and set up a really good football game.
Screw the committee, Nick must be!! No way Bama should be in the top 4 !!

Reactions: Alto1
None of it is “fair”. Georgia may still be the best in the country. They lost by two bad calls with their two best weapons hobbled. TCU getting in was “fair”, and no one watched the game after ten minutes. You can bet the advertisers had a voice in who was in this year.
I’ve seen a lot of people make the TCU comparison. TCU won a semifinal game to make the championship

Reactions: DuckInAPen

VN Store

Back