Columbus teen shot by police

LEO's in bigger, liberal cities are going to start "dialing it back" on how they patrol, and respond to calls.

Fact is, it's already happening. As a result, property crimes and crimes against persons are going to spike in the very same neighborhoods that rail against "police brutality". That trend has already started.

You get what you vote for, and you get what you protest for. Those chickens are coming home to roost.

For those of us who live in rural areas, it's not an issue. But if it becomes one, well...country boy can survive.

:cool:
And then the politicians that made the problem worse will blame systemic racism and the circular argument will continue. It's insane to me people of color fall for the narrative that systemic racism is the problem, and that right wingers are to blame when they have little to no control over these areas.

First I've seen of anything like that. I would hope its not picking up much traction and I'd also hope actual lawmakers aren't calling for it.
This has been pushed since the unrest last year. Heard grumbling from some of the usual suspects as far back as the Michael Brown incident.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
And then the politicians that made the problem worse will blame systemic racism and the circular argument will continue. It's insane to me people of color fall for the narrative that systemic racism is the problem, and that right wingers are to blame when they have little to no control over these areas.

Another topic we've not discussed as a nation is what makes some cultures more violent than others. We should add that to the "frank discussion about race" that Eric Holder mentioned several years ago. Maybe they wouldn't set off too many "mostly peaceful demonstrations".

Reactions: dovervolz
Another topic we've not discussed as a nation is what makes some cultures more violent than others. We should add that to the "frank discussion about race" that Eric Holder mentioned several years ago. Maybe they wouldn't set off too many "mostly peaceful demonstrations".

Do you think black people are inherently more violent because they are black?

Do you think American black people are more violent because they tend to be poorer than their counterparts?

Do you think black people are inherently more violent because they are black?

Do you think American black people are more violent because they tend to be poorer than their counterparts?

No, I don't think skin color is the determining factor. I believe the culture in which someone is raised biases a person's tendencies. Broad context - this country operates differently from most countries to our south; those countries are largely Hispanic and were settled by Spain and Portugal; we were settled by other Europeans with a different culture. Narrow context - gang violence tends to center around black and Hispanic neighborhoods; however, some of the worst past offenders were more Italian/Sicilian with roots back to a different European heritage. Some parts of the middle east and some parts of Africa are far more civilized than other parts - you have to believe that the prevailing culture rather than color of one's skin is the predominant factor.

Poor vs "rich" often seems somewhat related to tribal cultures vs those who build nations. Since tribalism isn't directly linked to race, but it is directly related to strong cultural beliefs, I'd gravitate to culture again rather than race as a driver of things that make some people less likely than others to adopt wider social norms.

However, I've said before that as an engineer I look at fact in ways that are likely far different than the way other disciplines might view the same set of circumstances.

No, I don't think skin color is the determining factor. I believe the culture in which someone is raised biases a person's tendencies. Broad context - this country operates differently from most countries to our south; those countries are largely Hispanic and were settled by Spain and Portugal; we were settled by other Europeans with a different culture. Narrow context - gang violence tends to center around black and Hispanic neighborhoods; however, some of the worst past offenders were more Italian/Sicilian with roots back to a different European heritage. Some parts of the middle east and some parts of Africa are far more civilized than other parts - you have to believe that the prevailing culture rather than color of one's skin is the predominant factor.

Poor vs "rich" often seems somewhat related to tribal cultures vs those who build nations. Since tribalism isn't directly linked to race, but it is directly related to strong cultural beliefs, I'd gravitate to culture again rather than race as a driver of things that make some people less likely than others to adopt wider social norms.

However, I've said before that as an engineer I look at fact in ways that are likely far different than the way other disciplines might view the same set of circumstances.

What is the cause of the violent culture amongst black people in the US?

VN Store

Back