Concerned about our QB situation!

There's a reason why this doofus is on my ignore. Will you all stop quoting his crap please?

I agree with you. I never expected Worley to make a lot of noise. His mechanics and arm strength really limit his ability. Again...I'm sure he's an awesome kid but at the end of the day.....?

but at the end of the day.....he gives UT the best chance to win ballgames right now. Is that a great situation to be in? No, but it is what it is. It is the roster situation CBJ inherited. Eventually, those freshman QB's look like they will be able to win ballgames (especially as the young WR's and TE's also grow and improve). However, right now Worlely is our best chance to win games. If you think we would have scored more points in either game if another QB played instead of Worley then I do not know what to tell you.

on offense without a qb that can run? We basically run a zone read type offense. I can't really think of another team running this style offense without a duel threat qb. Today I only recall seeing Worley run once...yet he fakes the run constantly. Seems like our opponents will just pin their ears back and go for the rb every time. And the really frustrating thing is we don't have a runner on the team.

on offense without a qb that can run? We basically run a zone read type offense. I can't really think of another team running this style offense without a duel threat qb. Today I only recall seeing Worley run once...yet he fakes the run constantly. Seems like our opponents will just pin their ears back and go for the rb every time. And the really frustrating thing is we don't have a runner on the team.

Or is that what they want you to think?

Have you been following the Vols long enough to remember the success that Ainge and Schaffer had as TRUE Freshmen?? We've got two potential studs that may warrant a look!

I have been following for a while, and that has no relevance to our situation. We also struggled with those guys in games. They were forced into action and have us the best chance to win. This year, right now, Worley is our man. Just stupid.

as well as all the other young guys too because we are gonna get waxed anyway against just about everybody except Kentucky and the directional AL school.
Oh we might luck up and beat Mizzou or Vandy too, but I doubt we beat them both.

Friends don't let friends post drunk. Go on to bed man.

Worley is not the answer at QB and everybody knows it. He did play better in the 3rd qtr, but he is what we have for this year. Dobbs will be the qb next year, and he will be better, but he won't have this offensive line. This is going to be a three to four year rebuilding process and we might as well get behind Jones and the team for the duration! I still rather be a vol fan than a fan of anyone else especially Vandy!

That shows how much your analysis is adding to the debate. Dobbs appears to be solidly behind Ferguson right now. Much more positive talk about Ferguson than Dobbs. If both Worley and Peterman goes down in a game, Ferguson is coming in. Not Dobbs. Make sure the other 'Xbox Coaches' on here give you an official membership card when you join the club.

Reactions: 1 person
as well as all the other young guys too because we are gonna get waxed anyway against just about everybody except Kentucky and the directional AL school.
Oh we might luck up and beat Mizzou or Vandy too, but I doubt we beat them both.

Ignorance...simply ignorance. This staff put our players into the right positions at the right times and the men made play after play like a team from the 90's.

We pray for superior coaching and to see a game like this...yet it happens and now we look worse than ever in your mind?

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU SO CALLED FANS?

Do you wish Dooley was still here to screw it all up so you would actually have a real reason to hate life?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You have just watched your Vols score 40 plus points on two teams.... WKU was supposed to play us very hard and we dotted their eyes tonight.

Go start a Gruden thread...

WKU gave us that game on a silver platter. We didn't dominate them like any good SEC team would have. Did you not even watch how pathetic we actually played? We gave up nearly 400 yards against a directional school. What do you think good offenses like Oregon, Georgia and Alabama will do to us? And our offense, for crying out loud ?!!! WKU held us to 80 yds. in the 1st half. What do you think great defenses like Oregon, FL, SC, and Bama will do to us? Anybody who thinks we will be even remotely competitive against the good teams on our schedule is a lunatic!!!

You watch the UGA game? They ran quite a few very similar running plays. Murray is not going to run the ball. You can run the ball out of a shotgun set without a running QB. You are vastly overstating that element of our plays. But, yes, a running QB does not hurt.

this really shouldn't have been merged. its a specific question related to our scheme vs players.

Not totally defending Worley but our receivers need to help him out too! That dropped pass by Croom was inexcusable and come to think of it, where the hell has he been? With his size advantage he should be beasting LB's and DB's and getting open! Worley should be finding him open more often!

WKU gave us that game on a silver platter. We didn't dominate them like any good SEC team would have. Did you not even watch how pathetic we actually played? We gave up nearly 400 yards against a directional school. What do you think good offenses like Oregon, Georgia and Alabama will do to us? And our offense, for crying out loud ?!!! WKU held us to 80 yds. in the 1st half. What do you think great defenses like Oregon, FL, SC, and Bama will do to us? Anybody who thinks we will be even remotely competitive against the good teams on our schedule is a lunatic!!!

Not even remotely saying we are GREAT... We are not there yet.. but we did something that last years D would not have done. We adjusted and we won. Dooley, last year would have figured out how to blow it today.

'Held'?!? If by giving us points without our offense running a play, you mean held. If by giving us the ball on the 29 yard line so our offense is only CAPABLE of gaining 29 yards, you mean held. Yes, our offense was not great in the first half. But please think a little more before posting nonsense.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, the WR and TE situations in your example are exactly the same to our current WR and TE situation. The problem with this debate is way too many 'Xbox coaches' involved in the debate. WR and TE situation is huge part of what we see with Worley's performance. The WR and TE situation does not improve AT ALL by putting in a true freshman QB.

I believe Ainge has publicly stated that his early success was in large part to the experience at WR. He said that they really helped him play well his freshman year.

Yes, the WR and TE situations in your example are exactly the same to our current WR and TE situation. The problem with this debate is way too many 'Xbox coaches' involved in the debate. WR and TE situation is huge part of what we see with Worley's performance. The WR and TE situation does not improve AT ALL by putting in a true freshman QB.

Judging from all the passes that are thrown behind or short of open receivers....our current receivers must be pretty damn fast! Lol

Not even remotely saying we are GREAT... We are not there yet.. but we did something that last years D would not have done. We adjusted and we won. Dooley, last year would have figured out how to blow it today.

We had to punt more than they did in the first half...and one of those was blocked! Just saying.

VN Store

Back