Crime Ridden Memphis

Murder rates jump another 10% in the biggest US cities since 2021: Memphis, New Orleans, Richmond, and other Dem-led cities are nation's homicide hotspots, study shows

Memphis, New Orleans, and Richmond rank as America's homicide hotspots, with scholars linking their rising murder rates to soft-on-crime Democratic leadership and low police morale.

A study by WalletHub found that murder rates jumped by a tenth in the country's biggest cities between the first quarter of 2001 and the same period this year — and they're still heading up.

It was released as William Shaw Jr, 67, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder over the shooting of his uncle in South Memphis this week — the latest in a string of killings in Tennessee's second-biggest city.

70270103-12016375-image-m-14_1682536400601.jpg

They attributed this to more people buying guns, bail reform efforts, and police steering clear of the mostly-black inner-city communities where gang-related killings are concentrated in the wake of Black Lives Matter protests.

'As a response to the social unrest, some officers have embraced de-policing, which is the idea of not engaging in proactive policing practices in order to avoid increased scrutiny and censure.'

When the cops melt away, 'violence proliferates,' Okeem added.

Murder rates jump another 10% in the biggest US cities since 2021: Memphis crowned homicide capital | Daily Mail Online
Sounds like more skyrocketing gun crime in Red States.

Somebody let WBO know, or maybe EL or BB - I can’t keep it all straight.

Watermelon man Dies weeks after he was Shot by Robbers, friend confirms

MEMPHIS, Tenn. – A beloved watermelon vendor has died two weeks after being shot in a northeast Memphis neighborhood during an attempted robbery.

A longtime friend said John Materna passed away Monday night after he was taken off life support.

John-materna-watermelon-man.png

Watermelon vendor dies weeks after he was shot by robbers, friend confirms

Reactions: 508mikey
MPD: Forgery suspect tells police to take him to jail so he can bond out

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Police say a man caught with a forged check at a Midtown bank told officers to take him to jail so he could bond out.

Kenneth-Winfrey-mug.jpg

According to the affidavit, Winfrey claimed he got the check as payment for construction work, but when officers tried to verify the information, he said, “Just take me to jail so I can bond out, I ain’t got time for this.”

MPD: Forgery suspect tells police to take him to jail so he can bond out | WREG.com

MPD: 3-year-old Shot, Killed in Whitehaven, suspect known by family

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A three-year-old girl was shot and killed in Whitehaven Tuesday night, according to Memphis Police.

At around 11 p.m., officers responded to a shooting victim at Methodist South. The victim arrived by private vehicle from the 3400 block of West Winchester Place.

The child was pronounced deceased at the hospital. The suspect is known by the family, MPD says.

MPD: 3-year-old shot, killed in Whitehaven, suspect known by family

City Watch Issued For Man Who Was ‘Forced’ Into SUV By Strangers, Hasn’t Been Seen Since

GVLFCEJZGBDLXPAKGDK6NH5PMM.png

Zachari Pappas | NOTE: MPD says this is an old photo and that the victim has a full beard(Memphis Police Department)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - The Memphis Police Department has issued a City Watch alert for a man they say was forced into a SUV by three strangers from his driveway Wednesday evening and hasn’t been seen since.

Police say the alleged kidnapping took place in the 3500 block of Philwood Avenue in High Point Terrace between 6:10 p.m. and 6:20 p.m. Wednesday.

The victim, 29-year-old Zachari Pappas, was last seen wearing a short sleeve, light blue dress shirt, tan pants, and brown and white tennis shoes.

City Watch issued for man who was ‘forced’ into SUV by strangers, hasn’t been seen since

Surprised he would have even considered that thug as a patient

Right after TennCare was implemented my previous Dr.’s office looked like a homeless shelter. I immediately switched to a practice that doesn’t accept TennCare.

VN Store

Back