Crime Ridden Memphis

until you address the thousands of kids born to teen mothers that end up being in a single parent homes with no father (or raised by aging grandparents), nothing will change. It's a cycle of poverty that's never addressed. They end up joining gangs because mom is working and there are literally no parents around to guide them.

When the teen mother didn't finish high school and already has 3 kids with no father around, while trying to survive on a minimum wage job at Taco Bell (or insert any other job), that's the root of the issue. I'm not saying all single parent homes are like this, but in this city a majority are.

In 2014 80% of kids in Memphis had no fathers. That's staggering. Building community centers and talking about gun laws is not going to fix the crime. I have yet to see a single Memphis city politician bring this issue up. and I'm not saying all single parent homes end up with kids that are criminals, but the statistics are not in your favor.

Until the problem you highlighted here is addressed and it changes, nothing else is going to change.

until you address the thousands of kids born to teen mothers that end up being in a single parent homes with no father (or raised by aging grandparents), nothing will change. It's a cycle of poverty that's never addressed. They end up joining gangs because mom is working and there are literally no parents around to guide them.

When the teen mother didn't finish high school and already has 3 kids with no father around, while trying to survive on a minimum wage job at Taco Bell (or insert any other job), that's the root of the issue. I'm not saying all single parent homes are like this, but in this city a majority are.

In 2014 80% of kids in Memphis had no fathers. That's staggering. Building community centers and talking about gun laws is not going to fix the crime. I have yet to see a single Memphis city politician bring this issue up. and I'm not saying all single parent homes end up with kids that are criminals, but the statistics are not in your favor.

Yes, but how do you fix that. What can you do tangibly to fix it

This is the root cause. It is fundamentally a bottom-up problem which is why every proposed top-down "solution" fails miserably.

Politicians know this but that doesn't get votes. Teachers know this but they can't fix their pupils' life at home or make them care about school. LEO know this but they, like the teachers, can't fix the root problem and only hope react (somewhat effectively) to its effects.

It is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about because they are hopeless to fix it.

This is the root cause. It is fundamentally a bottom-up problem which is why every proposed top-down "solution" fails miserably.

Politicians know this but that doesn't get votes. Teachers know this but they can't fix their pupils' life at home or make them care about school. LEO know this but they, like the teachers, can't fix the root problem and only hope react (somewhat effectively) to its effects.

It is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about because they are hopeless to fix it.
I think there are some top down things that need to change before that issue starts to fix itself. Right now there is too much of a mindset to avoid short term suffering, even if that avoidance brings worse long term suffering.

the welfare plantation needs to be removed, or extremely cut back. yeah that means people will suffer in the short term, but in the long term they, and the city as a whole, will be better for it. I think a lot of the laws need to be modified so dad isn't going to jail over petty stuff. and then when dad is out of jail the punishment needs to stop there, with a full restoration of rights.

Until someone is willing to accept that short term suffering, the long term suffering will continue.

Girls who grow up without Daddies also tend to not value themselves and make some bad decisions.. it’s important, the role of fathers for both boys and girls in their development although it gets minimized I feel, and isn’t just a problem in black communities, it’s just the modern world.. and we are reaping what we sow here

Reactions: theFallGuy
Yes, but how do you fix that. What can you do tangibly to fix it
Well, as someone who has been married for 25 years, traditional marriages are not promoted as something to aspire to anymore.. not that we should get a parade.. or maybe we should lol 😂 everything else does.. what’s good is bad, and what’s bad is good now

Remove the democrats and criminals from Memphis and it might be a nice place. Until then I will only go there when I have to. And when I do I will bring an extra clip.

You would bring an extra glade clip on?

Maybe you are an M1 Garand kind of guy and would bring it with you to Memphis? Or like to carry really old pistols?

Surely you must be a revolver guy?

Something tells me Memphis is too much for you and you should just keep your mayonnaise mafia butt at home and keep shooting them ducks.

Or not but make sure you grab them extra clips.

You would bring an extra glade clip on?

Maybe you are an M1 Garand kind of guy and would bring it with you to Memphis? Or like to carry really old pistols?

Surely you must be a revolver guy?

Something tells me Memphis is too much for you and you should just keep your mayonnaise mafia butt at home and keep shooting them ducks.

Or not but make sure you grab them extra clips.
Weird post. I grew up 15 minutes from Shelby county. I sort of know the area.

Oh and I roll with various options of pistols. Right now I have my Governor loaded with alternating 45/410 rounds in the console and .380 for the waist. But sometimes I feel like carrying my snub nose 38. Next week it may be the 9mm. Or if I’m feeling like spicy mayo my old school 357 Trooper II my come out of the safe.

The ducks will get theirs in a few months. You hunt?

Reactions: Carl Pickens

Memphis Ranks Second In The Nation In Highest Number Of New HIV ases​

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Shelby County is topping the charts, but not in a positive way.

A report from the Health Department ranks the Memphis area as second in the nation for the highest number of new HIV cases.

Now, some Democratic lawmakers are fighting back by asking for the state’s help in curbing the uptick.

More than 7,500 people in Shelby County are living with HIV and AIDS.

That’s not just the most in the state, it’s the second most in the country only behind Miami.

Reactions: LadyVolette

Memphis Ranks Second In The Nation In Highest Number Of New HIV ases​

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Shelby County is topping the charts, but not in a positive way.

A report from the Health Department ranks the Memphis area as second in the nation for the highest number of new HIV cases.

Now, some Democratic lawmakers are fighting back by asking for the state’s help in curbing the uptick.

More than 7,500 people in Shelby County are living with HIV and AIDS.

That’s not just the most in the state, it’s the second most in the country only behind Miami.

Yay for Memphis lol.. used to be Baton Rouge was number one for HiV, and Memphis was number one for Syphilis.. nursing school epidemiology class 😂

Reactions: GroverCleveland

Railgarten Shooting Suspect Released From Jail Without Bond​

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The man accused of shooting at least four people at Railgarten in Midtown nearly two weeks ago walked away free from jail after being released on his own recognizance Monday.

Detawn Gunn, 30, is charged with five counts of criminal attempt second-degree murder, five counts of possession of a firearm/dangerous felony, and two counts of vandalism $1,000-2,500.

1724779764688.png
Detawn Gunn (SCSO)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — The man accused of shooting at least four people at Railgarten in Midtown nearly two weeks ago walked away free from jail after being released on his own recognizance Monday.

Detawn Gunn, 30, is charged with five counts of criminal attempt second-degree murder, five counts of possession of a firearm/dangerous felony, and two counts of vandalism $1,000-2,500.

View attachment 670851
Detawn Gunn (SCSO)

Just a good guy who just needs a second chance to give gun grabbers something to cry about.

View attachment 670851
Detawn Gunn (SCSO)
When, not if he's arrested again for shooting/killing someone else the judge etc.. who let him out should be arrested as well for aiding and betting.

View attachment 670851
Detawn Gunn (SCSO)
Is it possible that the judge knows that prosecuting him will be costly and knows that vigilanties will provide justice?

VN Store

Back