Culinary, Arts, Thread.

For 30+ years I've known what everything on a menu costs per ounce by weight and or volume, pound or each. I love having it right there in front of me.

Reactions: Souce
Run over to the deli section in Publix and have them slice the most mouth watering, eye-catching meat I can find. I even get to choose the thickness!

Which one do I like? That's the one I get. But I don't like sliced ham. Can I have turkey?
Lulz, y'all are weird up in here. You love you some ham and get on to me cause I don't care for it, now this?? :)

I was at Publix yesterday and off the top of my head, in sliced turkey choices there were...

Butterball
Oscar Mayer
Publix
Hillshire Farms
Which do you get and why?

Reactions: Souce
Which one do I like? That's the one I get. But I don't like sliced ham. Can I have turkey?

It’s hard to find good Turkey lunch meat that isn’t pressed. Sometimes I’ll just get a turkey breast, cook it and go from there. A good turkey sandwich is hard to beat.

Lulz, y'all are weird up in here. You love you some ham and get on to me cause I don't care for it, now this?? :)

I was at Publix yesterday and off the top of my head, in sliced turkey choices there were...

Butterball
Oscar Mayer
Publix
Hillshire Farms

I really pass In these anymore, but always went with Hillshire farms in the past. It wasn’t so much the thought of the processed meat as it was the texture. I think I bought several packages of different brands a while back that just felt odd to the touch.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

Butterball
Oscar Mayer
Publix
Hillshire Farms
Did I get on to you though?

I want this ham, sliced fairly thick, with green beans and good potato salad.

1559147297007.png

Butterball
Oscar Mayer
Publix
Hillshire Farms
Doesn't matter, whichever one is sliced thinnest I guess.

Some things it doesn't matter to me, but it also depends on what Im using it for. Sometimes it's just fun to compare. Especially when there are "sales" or BOGO's.

Anyway, I was just curious. Chupa went to the grocery yesterday which she usually doesn't by herself and she bought some things by price... She thought.

No, you didn't get on to me.. Just a figure of speech and kidding anyway.

Don't care for that ham the way you just described, but would love it on a sandwich or on a pizza with Jalapenos and pineapple.
I like plain, and cold, right outta the fridge. In the summers we'd go over to my Nanny's house (great-grandmother) and she'd have this to eat. Guess that's why I still like it so much. She never did anything fancy to the ham (glaze or anything).

I like plain, and cold, right outta the fridge. In the summers we'd go over to my Nanny's house (great-grandmother) and she'd have this to eat. Guess that's why I still like it so much. She never did anything fancy to the ham (glaze or anything).

My Grandmother on my moms side did that all the time, might be part of the reason it doesn't excite me now.

And like I've said, I'm not a hater of ham. I don't think it's gross. I do eat ham. It's just not up there on my list of favorites.

Now manudo....

VN Store

Back