Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I'm not positive, but I bet it has something to do with.....

I have never and will never understand people hating all seafood and loathing any type of rice. It's wackadoo.
Do you feel the same about people who won't eat pork?

Do you feel the same about people who won't eat pork?

Feel the same as what? I don't really "feel" anything about it, just don't understand how someone can "Hate" all seafood. If it's a religious reason, you should just say so instead of saying you hate it. But why the rice hate?

Lol, but I really don't care Weezer. I'm just pulling your chain like I'm about to with DWE and do with others so Souce can call us all triggered . :)

Eel is cooked.

Well, now, I do recall asking earnest questions about cooking, only to be ignored by you. Sound familiar?

I was hoping you could tell me why Bologna puts pistachios in mortadella. I like to bust Mikey's nads about them being in cannoli to spark conversation about it.

Pistachio trees are native to the middle east specifically Iran and were considered Royal and their fruit/seeds could only be consumed by royalty . During the 7-10 hundreds, I forget exactly, but a long time ago the Arabs captured and took over Sicily.

During the Sicilian carnivale, the concubines of the royal Arabs made these pasteries with almonds and fruits in the shape of their royal masters penis as a symbol of fertility.

Later the pistachio became available and plentiful and the Sicilians used pistachios, chocolate pieces and fruit mixed in Mascarpone cheese. Because ricotta was cheaper and could be successfully sweetened to be similar to Mascarpone it became more common.

The big question now is which do you prefer, ricotta made with Sheeps milk or cow milk. Do you know which the Sicilians prefer? Or do you prefer Mascarpone?

Now, to your question. Why does Bolonga Italy put pistachios in the mortadella?

Why is eel cooked?

Reactions: Souce
My Favorite pasta dish contains them, pasta alla puttanesca, isn't that what you made for your son not long ago @Orangeredblooded ?

If you didn't already know, the non-pareil are the best. I prefer the Spanish ones but there's really not a big difference. Patting them dry in a paper towel is always a good idea.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
My Favorite pasta dish contains them, pasta alla puttanesca, isn't that what you made for your son not long ago @Orangeredblooded ?

If you didn't already know, the non-pareil are the best. I prefer the Spanish ones but there's really not a big difference. Patting them dry in a paper towel is always a good idea.

Carbonara and pesto, but it’s on the list to make upcoming

Reactions: Behr
Feel the same as what? I don't really "feel" anything about it, just don't understand how someone can "Hate" all seafood. If it's a religious reason, you should just say so instead of saying you hate it. But why the rice hate?

Lol, but I really don't care Weezer. I'm just pulling your chain like I'm about to with DWE and do with others so Souce can call us all triggered . :)
It's all good. I was just setting you up for this.

tenor.gif

Carbonara and pesto, but it’s on the list to make upcoming
That's right it was carbonara.

Puttenesca was the first pasta dish I learned how to make, other than just regular spaghetti with red sauce, or gravy for Mikey. Haha. I thought the name was cool which means Ladies of the night.

The stories range, but one popular is that in old Naples the prostitutes would make this dish in between thier "clients" because it was quick and easy. Another is the aroma of it was so strong and pungent that it smelled like the prostitutes perfume and that's how it was named.

Anyway, it's got alot of different flavors going on and they all work perfectly together, kinda like they're all in there making love.

That's right it was carbonara.

Puttenesca was the first pasta dish I learned how to make, other than just regular spaghetti with red sauce, or gravy for Mikey. Haha. I thought the name was cool which means Ladies of the night.

The stories range, but one popular is that in old Naples the prostitutes would make this dish in between thier "clients" because it was quick and easy. Another is the aroma of it was so strong and pungent that it smelled like the prostitutes perfume and that's how it was named.

Anyway, it's got alot of different flavors going on and they all work perfectly together, kinda like they're all in there making love.

It’s one of the few dishes that contain everything I like to eat and cook with

Is it you that doesn't like olives, or someone else?

*Someone else that is a regular in this thread. I know there are others that don't like them.
Yes. I hate them.

I've tried to like them so many times.

I know I've told this before, but that gif Weezy posted in the funny pics thread of the dog humping the guys head reminded me of the funniest thing I ever remember seeing Behr do.

Friend of mine was telling a bunch of us some story. We're were all outside sitting around a fire pit drinking. Dude gets to a part of the story and is stepping backwards and trips over Behr who is standing behind him. Dude knocks Behr down and he falls beside Behr and Behr immediately straddles dudes face and starts humping it. OMG.

Me telling it can't even begin to do it justice. People almost threw up from laughing so hard.

I know, cool starry bra.

VN Store

Back