Daca

Here's the thing. I think everyone agrees any significant legislation on immigration reform will have to include amnesty of some sort.

Here's the thing. I think everyone agrees any significant legislation on immigration reform will have to include amnesty of some sort.
Not everyone. I want them thrown the hell out. Why reward a bunch of lawbreakers? And I do look at it as a reward to a lawbreaker to give their equally illegally present children a pass. We have an immigration system in place. Plenty of people use it and become citizens or noncitizen residents legally.

Not everyone. I want them thrown the hell out. Why reward a bunch of lawbreakers? And I do look at it as a reward to a lawbreaker to give their equally illegally present children a pass. We have an immigration system in place. Plenty of people use it and become citizens or noncitizen residents legally.

Okay, so how are we going to accomplish that little feat...?

Reactions: 1 person
Okay, so how are we going to accomplish that little feat...?
Arrest them. Seize their assets if they won't leave voluntarily. Prosecute anyone who employs them. Tighten border security. All of those things are supposed to be happening now under our existing laws.

Arrest them. Seize their assets if they won't leave voluntarily. Prosecute anyone who employs them. Tighten border security. All of those things are supposed to be happening now under our existing laws.

10+ million people?

Again, I ask how you accomplish that feat without turning this nation into a police state.

10+ million people?

Again, I ask how you accomplish that feat without turning this nation into a police state.
You think this isn't already a police state? Besides, it's only going to affect people who are breaking the law. If you're a law abiding person, you have nothing to worry about.

The average age of a dreamer came here when they were 6, average age now is 26. These people pay taxes, serve in the military, and are good hardworking people that do lots of good (see EMT dreamer in Houston or Dreamer who died trying to save lives during Harvey).

I absolutely agree we need to uphold our immigration laws, but we also have to look at this pragmatically. It is stupid to deport these people. Its just red meat for the Breitbart audience.

The average age of a dreamer came here when they were 6, average age now is 26. These people pay taxes, serve in the military, and are good hardworking people that do lots of good (see EMT dreamer in Houston or Dreamer who died trying to save lives during Harvey).

I absolutely agree we need to uphold our immigration laws, but we also have to look at this pragmatically. It is stupid to deport these people. Its just red meat for the Breitbart audience.
I've never even looked at Breibart website. We had a labor shortage in this country in the 1990s when everyone who was doing menial jobs suddenly found that they could get a job in a cubicle sitting in front of a monitor. As businesses figured out the proper balance of labor to technology the labor shortage dissipated. Generally, the economy does not need illegals and their labor, including those covered by DACA. If there are illegals who have special skills that legal residents and citizens cannot provide, then those people can apply for a visa once they go back to their country of origin or whichever other country will take them in. We have borders for a reason. We have laws for a reason.

I've never even looked at Breibart website. We had a labor shortage in this country in the 1990s when everyone who was doing menial jobs suddenly found that they could get a job in a cubicle sitting in front of a monitor. As businesses figured out the proper balance of labor to technology the labor shortage dissipated. Generally, the economy does not need illegals and their labor, including those covered by DACA. If there are illegals who have special skills that legal residents and citizens cannot provide, then those people can apply for a visa once they go back to their country of origin or whichever other country will take them in. We have borders for a reason. We have laws for a reason.

They have work permits they have to pay for.

It's obvious we won't agree, hopefully congress will find a solution as it appears to have some bipartisan support. I doubt they will get to it though with how much is on the agenda, which is probably why this was rescinded now.

As always, Rand Paul doing work, of course his proposal makes sense so it'll never get through congress:

quote:
While Senator Paul agrees with Trump rescinding the order on the grounds that it is unconstitutional, he is against deporting those who have benefited from the program — and doesn’t think it would ever happen in the first place. Therefore, the Kentucky senator has decided to try and pair a compromise with funding for border security and limits on immigration.

According to sources close to Paul, the senator is planning to introduce a bill or an amendment that will allow current DACA recipients to stay, but will subtract the number from the immigration limits for a number of years so that there is no net increase.

While many may immediately say this is unfair to those in line to immigrate to the United States properly, Paul’s plan would not allow DACA recipients to gain citizenship — they would simply be allowed to remain here and continue to work. Paul also believes that all welfare should be cut off for those who are not US citizens."

Reactions: 2 people
You think this isn't already a police state? Besides, it's only going to affect people who are breaking the law. If you're a law abiding person, you have nothing to worry about.

Oh, it'll be far worse if you have anyone and everyone going after the illegal alien crowd.

Again, there will be some form of amnesty in any significant immigration legislation going forward. Has to be.

As always, Rand Paul doing work, of course his proposal makes sense so it'll never get through congress:

quote:
While Senator Paul agrees with Trump rescinding the order on the grounds that it is unconstitutional, he is against deporting those who have benefited from the program — and doesn’t think it would ever happen in the first place. Therefore, the Kentucky senator has decided to try and pair a compromise with funding for border security and limits on immigration.

According to sources close to Paul, the senator is planning to introduce a bill or an amendment that will allow current DACA recipients to stay, but will subtract the number from the immigration limits for a number of years so that there is no net increase.

While many may immediately say this is unfair to those in line to immigrate to the United States properly, Paul’s plan would not allow DACA recipients to gain citizenship — they would simply be allowed to remain here and continue to work. Paul also believes that all welfare should be cut off for those who are not US citizens."

I like it

quote:

Rand Paul normally irritates me these days as I believe he is continuallly running for president but this proposal seems the most reasonable yet. However there needs to be some form of penalty. They broke the law. I totally get it was due to their parents/guardians decisions but if they want to stay there needs to be a penalty. This is a decent start. I never believed and still don't believe they would be deported. But if they want to stay they need to abide by ALL of our laws just like we are held to.

Want in one hand and **** in the other. See which one fills up faster.

Russians Flock to Trump Properties to Give Birth to U.S. Citizens

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-flock-to-trump-properties-to-give-birth-to-us-citizens

Got to pay to play. Come over here to have babies and take an American citizen home with them. Does that count against the immigration numbers?

Mexicans come over to the US and contribute to American Society but their kids can't become a citizen. Russians come over here just to push out a new citizen without contributing anything.

Last edited:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-flock-to-trump-properties-to-give-birth-to-us-citizens

Got to pay to play. Come over here to have babies and take an American citizen home with them. Does that count against the immigration numbers?

Mexicans come over to the US and contribute to American Society but their kids can't become a citizen. Russians come over here just to push out a new citizen without contributing anything.

Pales in comparison to the number of illegals that came across the border during the Obama administration. I say we suspend all immigration indefinitely .

Pales in comparison to the number of illegals that came across the border during the Obama administration. I say we suspend all immigration indefinitely .

I would like to see the comparative statistics you used to make this determination. What % came over during the Bush years compared to Obama?

Have the birthright citizenship rules been charged the exclude Mexicans?

Illegal immigration isn't solely by Mexicans. Bigotry and ignorance..its bad mmkay?

Have the birthright citizenship rules been charged the exclude Mexicans?

It's the same. If you have money to afford a luxury condo your newborn will be a citizen, if you don't you become a Dreamer.

VN Store

Back