Daca

I'll continue to stand by my "he caught the car" train of thought as it really showed.

However, he seems to be settling in a bit better as of late. No stupid Tweets in a couple of weeks.

I think lot of it really has to do with the hurricanes. If you mention Trump and tweets 2 more times he'll be like Beetle Juice

Breitbart is out here on a full court press. This is truly entertaining.

Attachments

• DJtsk-6V4AABFFi.jpg
    DJtsk-6V4AABFFi.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DJp8wnEVYAEiJbc.jpg
    DJp8wnEVYAEiJbc.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 3 people
A large part of his base considers any break at all to be a form of amnesty. They do not like the idea of cutting slack to any Hispanics, or any racial minorities for that matter.

You are so wrong it's not even funny.

A large part of his base considers any break at all to be a form of amnesty. They do not like the idea of cutting slack to any Hispanics, or any racial minorities for that matter.

A large part of his base isn't going to give a **** as long as they're working and wages go up.

Plus his base isn't voting for any of his possible Dem challengers in 20.

A large part of his base isn't going to give a **** as long as they're working and wages go up.

Plus his base isn't voting for any of his possible Dem challengers in 20.

A large portion of Trump's base WILL care very much about AMNESTY for Illegal Aliens and not building the border wall.

Trump's base may not vote for a Bolshevik candidate, but they can sit out the presidential election, just like they did with Mitt Romney.

Leftists and Never-Trumpers took to Twitter to ridicule President Donald Trump’s supporters after news broke Thursday night of a pro-amnesty deal struck with Democrat lawmakers — which many Trump voters saw as a broken campaign promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
A large portion of Trump's base WILL care very much about AMNESTY for Illegal Aliens and not building the border wall.

Trump's base may not vote for a Bolshevik candidate, but they can sit out the presidential election, just like they did with Mitt Romney.

I agree 100%!!! He turned a whole lot of blue state democrats who were turned off by Hillary, now not make any progress on the wall they can turn right back. The 2nd go around his competitors will be able t hold stuff he didn't do that was the base of his 1st campaign against him. Plus he won't have the "Lock her Up' and "Build that wall"

Reactions: 2 people
I agree 100%!!! He turned a whole lot of blue state democrats who were turned off by Hillary, now not make any progress on the wall they can turn right back. The 2nd go around his competitors will be able t hold stuff he didn't do that was the base of his 1st campaign against him. Plus he won't have the "Lock her Up' and "Build that wall"

They may be chanting 401k though

The primary could be a problem for him if he runs for a second term, I don't think he will. But if he does and wins the nomination again those same voters aren't voting for the ultra liberal that will be the Democratic nominee.

The primary could be a problem for him if he runs for a second term, I don't think he will. But if he does and wins the nomination again those same voters aren't voting for the ultra liberal that will be the Democratic nominee.

He absolutely will run for a second term. His ego will not allow him to sit out.

Amnesty will damage him among his base. He ran a campaign attacking minorities. They will not be pleased if he is seen helping Hispanics.

You guys think a Republican will run against Trump?

Who would they get? Real question there. Most of the Representatives/Senators are wildly unpopular. There really isn't a Governor that's popular enough to challenge him except maybe Kasich and that already ended badly. I'm sure the Never-Trump crowd already wants to try that, but how did that end up for them last November?

If, big if, the economy keeps ticking upwards and he keeps his mouth shut, he should be in the catbird seat for 2020 with zero problems. He's been more Presidential in the last month than he was at the start. It's a steep learning curve, but with additions by subtraction in his Cabinet, he's seemingly managed to achieve a steady ship for the moment. Something that helps him in two more years when the campaigning starts.

Caleb Howe - RED STATE:

I’ll have more in about 30 minutes on the topic of disillusionment, but let me just say in brief that the pundits who are trying to sell the idea that Trump’s loyal base aren’t upset and don’t feel betrayed just aren’t being honest .. or at least aren’t being realistic. Anyone can see the shockwaves that went through MAGA land today.

I emphatically remind you of the fact that it’s not merely about the deal, but about what Trump said when he completely undermined the entire argument against illegal immigration, indeed made the absolute Platonic ideal of a tweet in favor of blanket amnesty this morning.

The White House is using "responsible immigration reform" as a euphemism for Amnesty.

Last edited:
Who would they get? Real question there. Most of the Representatives/Senators are wildly unpopular. There really isn't a Governor that's popular enough to challenge him except maybe Kasich and that already ended badly. I'm sure the Never-Trump crowd already wants to try that, but how did that end up for them last November?

If, big if, the economy keeps ticking upwards and he keeps his mouth shut, he should be in the catbird seat for 2020 with zero problems. He's been more Presidential in the last month than he was at the start. It's a steep learning curve, but with additions by subtraction in his Cabinet, he's seemingly managed to achieve a steady ship for the moment. Something that helps him in two more years when the campaigning starts.

He's done well with the hurricane responses, and has seemed less Trump like lately, which is the best thing for him. Stay off Twitter and work across the aisle, that will get him some traction back.

Good luck with this inept Congress though.

VN Store

Back