Dalton Knecht....

As to the VFL thing, I just don't see how anyone can apply that label to a kid you paid to come to your school. I know kids have been "paid" under the table forever and the idea that they've all chosen UT because of their "love for the orange" is naive and a fantasy, but this new era of the portal and NIL has brought things into the clear light of day. Now it's about clicks, social media, and "the bag". I have no problem with kids getting what they can from the system as it stands. If they win a bowl, league title or a natty, give 'em praise. Give 'em a ring. Heck, give 'em a bonus if you like. But they don't get VFL or their jerseys retired if it were up to me. I guess the argument can rightfully be made that kids like Nico are getting paid to sign right out of HS so does that eliminate him from consideration? If he remains at UT until he's draft eligible and he meets the criteria, then yes, he should receive those honors. Yeah, I know that sounds hypocritical, but I do see that situation as being more palatable than a one year mercenary. Unless we want to completely close the book on "VFL" and "retired jersey", there has to be some compromise/adjustment to the criteria/thought processes. It's just that one year thing that I can't get past. Oh to be a kid again and see sports and our heroes through a childs eyes again.
Did you graduate from UT?

If we go to a final four this year, Dalton Knecht isn’t just a VFL… he’s on the Mount Rushmore of Tennessee basketball. That’s not debatable. It’s Ernie, Bernie, lofton, and Knecht. No disrespect to Allan houston or Grant Williams.

I am wondering how teams will guard DK after his recent performances. Will they try to deny the ball or double when he gets his hands forcing the other players to beat them? That could be very interesting! We have a lot of players that could beat them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Did you graduate from UT?

If we go to a final four this year, Dalton Knecht isn’t just a VFL… he’s on the Mount Rushmore of Tennessee basketball. That’s not debatable. It’s Ernie, Bernie, lofton, and Knecht. No disrespect to Allan houston or Grant Williams.
Yep. Left the UT system for post grad. No way in hades I was going to spend 4 days much less 4+ years in Memphis.

Yeah, I don't see that. PG is so smooth too, and Knecht is more of a power guy
While we are at it, if the Clippers stay healthy, they may win it. I don't want to hear, they are the Clippers and they won't stay healthy. If they do, can they win it all, Yes or No ?

While we are at it, if the Clippers stay healthy, they may win it. I don't want to hear, they are the Clippers and they won't stay healthy. If they do, can they win it all, Yes or No ?
Just checked their roster. Thats a vet laden team. Rockets fan here and not sure I’d trust Harden and Westbrook to get beyond the second round.

Reactions: The Dog
What about PG and Leonard when healthy ?
Staying healthy is a trick for any of he vets. Finding the right chemistry and staying healthy. And those are both crap shoots. I would love to see them do it but wouldn’t hold my breath.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I am wondering how teams will guard DK after his recent performances. Will they try to deny the ball or double when he gets his hands forcing the other players to beat them? That could be very interesting! We have a lot of players that could beat them.
When they do that, they leave Aidoo alone in the post. It’s a good problem to have. As long as Aidoo keeps on progressing we are really hard to stop

Also a Paul George ish type.
wait what?...just no Maybe Harrison Barnes...
Something interesting ius that I have seen him rising the ranks in mock drafts with some putting him well in the lottery... which is impressive for a SR. Most have him around the 15-20 range. I think he could sneak into the last few lottery picks if he keeps improving his defense.
Actually I just saw a comp in a mock draft that made me think twice.. Brent Barry+ I think thats an awesome comp. Same height and everything

Last edited:

VN Store

Back