Dan Mullen Vibes

I thought with the NIL money and strategy, recruiting would be a non-factor with Heup and his staff. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the sky is falling (yet). However, the parallels with Heupel at Tennessee and Mullen's time at Florida are starting to look too similar. They both struck quickly and found success but then the recruiting somewhat flat-lined. The Steaton decision was kind of strange and I am not a fan of a recruit, coach or fans pulling immutable traits into decision making, but it does seem like Heupel is putting his eggs into the basket of players that do not fit Tennessee. Hopefully he gets it figured out.
You got a like. So 11 wins, 9 wins. Gives you dan mullen vibes? We beat bama, Florida, lsu. Ranked number 1 last year. We would have made a 12 team playoff. Somehow another insert insult liked this post.

We will see. I got the feeling a lot last year between the WR drops and the Milton issues (over/under throw, limited reads, lack of running, injury) that CJH looked like he only had half play book to work with and it was wearing him out mentally/physically. He is an offense guy and he wants to score in bunches, last year had to be killing him.

I have been to every home game since CJH came to UT, the play calls did not feel the same to me. When I watched from the stands how Joe reads and reacted to the field/plays it did not feel like how HH did. For what it is worth, the short time that Nico played at the end of the season, it appeared that Nico was seeing the field much better.

Time will tell. If Nico is a better QB and he grows then we will see if there is a CJH issue and maybe a Lot of the brains were Golesh…. However I have a hard time believing it was Golesh as CJH has been successful for many years and he only became CJH OC in 2020.

I think a lot of people are underestimating how tied the hands of the coaches were with Joe. Joe was a game manager and UT did not have the defense to win all games with a game manager like UGA did.

And for those who respond should have played Nico, there was a rumor that earlier in season he was HURT. My UT son told me he thought he saw NICO around campus with a soft cast during this time he was supposedly hurt. With CJH never talking injuries, I think we just don’t know the whole story.

Time will tell the truth…

5*QB
5*WR
4*TE
Good RBs
Future 1st round EDGE
Many other good EDGE players

Y'all are forgetting what he inherited. He needs time to build. He just needs to avoid a catastrophic season.
What he inherited is a roster better than everyone on the schedule that year outside of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. He inherited a top 10 program all time that recruits top 15-20 recruiting classes by itself and he inherit Neyland stadium that literally wins games. He has a lot to prove next year.

What other players do you see that Heupel pursued that wouldn't be fits at UT?

Would you have no pursued the #1 OT in the class that's interested in playing for you?

Mullen got fired because he couldn't build a good culture and ended up going 5-6. You're just catastrophizing if you think we are on that sort of path

Without looking at his post history, i feel confident he made strong statements about CJH being a poor hire.

Some folks have been waiting almost 3 years to start complaining about Heupel.

What he inherited is a roster better than everyone on the schedule that year outside of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. He inherited a top 10 program all time that recruits top 15-20 recruiting classes by itself and he inherit Neyland stadium that literally wins games. He has a lot to prove next year.
Guess you missed them30 player exodus?

I thought with the NIL money and strategy, recruiting would be a non-factor with Heup and his staff. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the sky is falling (yet). However, the parallels with Heupel at Tennessee and Mullen's time at Florida are starting to look too similar. They both struck quickly and found success but then the recruiting somewhat flat-lined. The Steaton decision was kind of strange and I am not a fan of a recruit, coach or fans pulling immutable traits into decision making, but it does seem like Heupel is putting his eggs into the basket of players that do not fit Tennessee. Hopefully he gets it figured out.

Mullen wasn't a great coach or anything but he was indeed a good coach. You don't go 103-61 in the SEC if you are a bad coach. They fired him and his replacement is way worse.

And his recruiting woes were way overblown. 2 top 10 classes. Top 15 in every year he was there. UF fans had unrealistic expectations.

Skippy95 I'm curious why you have a Gamecock avi? Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, maybe....

We have a coach 26 and 12 who actually had us ranked at Number 1 for a while. We have the number 1 QB in the country from the previous recruiting class. We just took an injury plagued squad with a QB who didn’t fit our system but still finished with eight wins. We have the best recruiting class in ages for 2024, including two five stars one of whom is the highest rated WR in UT history. True, we just lost out on a five star nut case (as did OSU and Oregon); but now the sky is falling. 🙄
I swear but there are some people around here who aren’t happy unless they are miserable.
You folks are free to have whatever opinions and outlook you want; but as for me, I am continuing to be happy, optimistic, and positive. Count me out of the Vol Eeyore Club meetings please. You all can doom and gloom just fine without me.

Mullen is a much more experienced and proven winner of a head coach than Heupel
He also has more experience and screwed up a job at Florida. At Florida! No coach will ever do well if they can't win at Florida.

IfHuepel screws up the Tennessee job as bad as Mullen then you might have an argument, otherwise you seem miserable.

VN Store

Back