Danielson comments

N what's worse is that vol fans accept we r going to lose on sat n then to GA n then next n next...wtf is that u support an admin that has let us get to this level n thinks its OK.. no wonder Obama got elected sheep nothing but sheep..

If we get to SC without an sec win what is that??? think about it.. that will be unreal...we have to win 1 sec game before SC.. I don't care if u run a reverse or a bomb on every play..lol

Expect more out of the leaders of the.football team n university.. we win 7 games this year!!!!! Min!!!

Speaking of the presidency most presidents from now on will probably be idiots. I mean who wants to take over a complete train wreck? You'd have to be stupid.

I hate to say it but he is just telling how it is. We have to come to the realization that this isn't the UT of the 90s anymore. We have a long ways to go before we start competing for SEC titles again. But I finally have confidence that our program is headed in the right direction again. We just need to give Butch some time to get this 10yr old mess cleaned up. GO VOLS!

I think the truth is that nobody, not a soul on our roster would start at Bama, hell, maybe even Georgia. That is reality. Most on here need to face it.

i dont care that he hates us. i dont like him. and i think the line that broke me was "you are a better person if you have met tim tebow" give me a break. it even gets to the point where any call against florida is a bad call and any call against us is the right call. it is a joke to listen to

Uh I don't believe that was Danielson that made that comment about being a better person after meeting Tebow. I think it was Thom Brennaman during the BCS title game against Oklahoma.

Uh I don't believe that was Danielson that made that comment about being a better person after meeting Tebow. I think it was Thom Brennaman during the BCS title game against Oklahoma.

Tebow sure helped Aaron Hernandez become a better person.

Reactions: 2 people
I actually find Danielson to be pretty good and brutally honest. I have seen him comment about little details that other analysts wouldn't mention. I think UT fans aren't fond of him because he joined CBS in 2006, around the time that we began our downfall. You won't hear great things about us after the 5 years we have had, and in 2007, we got beat badly by Cal, UF, and Bama even though we got to the SECCG.

Reactions: 1 person
Well...... the truth hurts. His job is to tell it like it is. The fact is we don't have the talent or depth that Florida has. And as a result, we are going to get beat down like rented red headed step children.... I hate to see it happen, but it is what it is until we get more talent and depth.

I actually find Danielson to be pretty good and brutally honest. I have seen him comment about little details that other analysts wouldn't mention. I think UT fans aren't fond of him because he joined CBS in 2006, around the time that we began our downfall. You won't hear great things about us after the 5 years we have had, and in 2007, we got beat badly by Cal, UF, and Bama even though we got to the SECCG.

I don't like him simply because, to this day, he rides Tebows sack, amongst others.

what is it psychologically that people can not admit talent is a problem?

no one has any difficulty pointing out florida has talent issues on the offensive side of the ball. this player isn't very good. that player isn't very good. etc, etc, etc. people can see that, identify it and call it for what it is.

but, someone dares mention that talent is an issue on a team that has struggled for a few years in game after game and it's go time.

it's not talent. it's youth. it's coaching. it's development. etc, etc, etc.

what makes it so difficult to accept that the level of talent is a problem?

You'll notice I never said there wasn't a talent problem, I said in my OP that depth was a problem. The problem is that there is not enough talent. A blanket statement about talent is not true. There is talent on this TN team, just not enough in the skill positions.

@TennesseeBeat: Gary Danielson on CBS conference call previewing Vols-Florida: "(UT) just doesn't match up in the talent department anymore."

@TennesseeBeat: More Danielson: "If it becomes a game where Tennessee depends on their quarterback to win it...they don’t have a chance."

@TennesseeBeat: Last Danielson quote: "(Vols) have a veteran offensive line and have to convince Florida that they are at least a threat running the ball."

I already hate Danielson. In a way these comments make me hate him more, but at the same time, none of its really false. I tend to disagree about the talent, just the depth. None the less, I'm sure Danielson will be all over some gator nuts from the get go. Hate listening to this tool call a game.

Some of you are just hilarious. UT's coaching staff could pick a freshman at random from the campus Biology lab, throw him out on the field in pads, and some of you would be arguing that he's just as talented as the guys on Florida, Georgia and Alabama just because he's wearing orange. We are NOWHERE near as talented as Florida.

You'll notice I never said there wasn't a talent problem, I said in my OP that depth was a problem. The problem is that there is not enough talent. A blanket statement about talent is not true. There is talent on this TN team, just not enough in the skill positions.

Perhaps you misspoke (or had a typo), but you said, "I tend to disagree about the talent..."

We have talent just no depth. And a lot of our guys didn't really pan out. I mean...both Neil and Lane were highly regarded 4*'s. Somehow other team's players pan out more often than ours. I guess that would indicate partially bad luck, partially bad coaching.

...and/or crappy talent evaluation during the recruiting process.

nobody giving UT a shot in hell. kinda like it that way. besides, its gonna be that way for a good while.

Perhaps you misspoke (or had a typo), but you said, "I tend to disagree about the talent..."

I do tend to disagree. Because, again, there is talent on this team, but no depth behind it and lacking in certain skill positions. ie developed QBs (for the record, I don't believe Worley is the answer), DBs, and WRs. Just because young guys don't come out firing on all cylinders doesn't mean they have no talent.

There is nothing he said that isn't true.

He's blunt, but honest about it.

However, I do agree with OP here and think it's a bit misrepresenting to say we don't have talent given North and Howard were both highly ranked WRs that both are clocked at 4.4. On a typical Florida team, that's all they would need.

We'll see if our coaches can get them the ball in a position where their athleticism can make a play. The way the Florida game would always go is we'd hold their playmaker to 8, 3, 12, 4, 78 yards. We just aren't getting the ball to them enough to be able to break it open. Worley certainly isn't.

He didn't say we don't have talent. He said we don't "match up in the talent department anymore". That is a fact.

I do tend to disagree. Because, again, there is talent on this team, but no depth behind it and lacking in certain skill positions. ie developed QBs (for the record, I don't believe Worley is the answer), DBs, and WRs. Just because young guys don't come out firing on all cylinders doesn't mean they have no talent.

Florida's talent is better than ours equals "UT just doesn't matchup in the talent department anymore." He never said we have no talent. He said that our talent doesn't matchup. He is correct.

Simply put?
Denial.
People (Vol Fans) refuse to accept that we are no longer an elite program.

This.

History Means Nothing In Todays College Football.

My Fellow Vols Fans Like To Point To How Many Games The Vols Have EVER Won. I'm More Concerned With How Many They Have Lost Recently.

VN Store

Back