Danielson comments

I still have a glimmer of hope for UT this year. But honestly, I'm starting to find better things to do on Saturdays. I'll watch this game, but if it turns into a blowout, I'm probably done until November.

This.

History Means Nothing In Todays College Football.

My Fellow Vols Fans Like To Point To How Many Games The Vols Have EVER Won. I'm More Concerned With How Many They Have Lost Recently.

You are correct.

UT fans like to point out 800 wins. Michigan is laughing!

He didn't say anything that wasn't true. That's why it will be an epic win.

Don't even get me started when UF had Tebow. It seemed like they called EVERY UF game during those years and they slobbered all over Tebow after every damn play too. I was certain they were going to leave CBS and join the Denver Broncos radio show after he got drafted.

This.

History Means Nothing In Todays College Football.

My Fellow Vols Fans Like To Point To How Many Games The Vols Have EVER Won. I'm More Concerned With How Many They Have Lost Recently.
How do you capitalize every word in your post? Anyways, I picked floriduh to win in the pick 'em contest so it's a lock the Vols will come away victorious. Who's next on the schedule?

Reactions: 1 person
Beating the #18 team equals epic?

Wow! We're now on par with SW La Tech State.

any time you beat a team that 99 percent of people say you have no chance to win, on their field, is epic. Add to that a team you haven't beaten in 9 years, as a heavy underdog, and a win that could have major rebuilding implications, I'd say that is a recipe for being labeled "epic". Indeed.

N what's worse is that vol fans accept we r going to lose on sat n then to GA n then next n next...wtf is that u support an admin that has let us get to this level n thinks its OK.. no wonder Obama got elected sheep nothing but sheep..

If we get to SC without an sec win what is that??? think about it.. that will be unreal...we have to win 1 sec game before SC.. I don't care if u run a reverse or a bomb on every play..lol

Expect more out of the leaders of the.football team n university.. we win 7 games this year!!!!! Min!!!

Oddly enough, I somehow understood what you said.

I don't think anything Danielson says is overtly false--there might be one or two things I disagree with but all in all spot on. You have to take into account his perspective is pretty much the national perspective on Tennessee. You pick up Athlon or any of the preview magazines and the same thing is being said. Our talent generally is not what it should be---depth is debatable (although with freshman starting on the DL and WR you can say it's depth it's just not good depth). I read somewhere here (of course this is Volnation) that they considered Devrin Young a playmaker--that's all you need to know. It's why Butch (and Dooley in a more negative tone) has talked about margin for error with this team. Could we beat Florida? Yeah because they ain't Oregon or Bama. I think Butch and the coaches are going to have to get creative.

@TennesseeBeat: Gary Danielson on CBS conference call previewing Vols-Florida: "(UT) just doesn't match up in the talent department anymore."

@TennesseeBeat: More Danielson: "If it becomes a game where Tennessee depends on their quarterback to win it...they don’t have a chance."

@TennesseeBeat: Last Danielson quote: "(Vols) have a veteran offensive line and have to convince Florida that they are at least a threat running the ball."

I already hate Danielson. In a way these comments make me hate him more, but at the same time, none of its really false. I tend to disagree about the talent, just the depth. None the less, I'm sure Danielson will be all over some gator nuts from the get go. Hate listening to this tool call a game.

Honesty and truth hurts. It is frustrating to listen to Gary Danielson because of the state of our program, but he understands the game better than most any other announcer. He also doesn't water down his opinions. It wouldn't suck to listen to him if Tennessee was up and beating the world....

Huh. We have a young and inexperienced team. We do have talent. I'm not gonna lay it out for you. If you cannot recognize the situation that is our team then...you aren't paying attention.

Yeah reading some of these childish remarks I realized some in our fan base REALLY don't understand what's going on and what the situation is....not hopeless.....of course there's some talent there but little depth...just not enough to expect a win at Florida....personally my biggest concern on offense is lack of run game,...until that's upgraded we'll struggle...

Yeah reading some of these childish remarks I realized some in our fan base REALLY don't understand what's going on and what the situation is....not hopeless.....of course there's some talent there but little depth...just not enough to expect a win at Florida....personally my biggest concern on offense is lack of run game,...until that's upgraded we'll struggle...

We will not have an effective run game until we have a viable pass threat. My biggest concern is the lack of our passing ability, and the defense's inability to stop the run game outside the tackles.

Would like to see some confidence built in our QB's with short to intermediate manageable passes...Slants, screens, TE curls, etc.

Reality has finally set in on Volnation !!! Another dismal season and more of the same. Some people even predicting 7 or 8 wins. I will appreciate 4 .

Danielson is spot on, and the truth does hurt (I personally think Danielson is a knowledgeable analyst). While I believe Jones is a quality coach and will turn the program around, as mentioned, we lack talent at the skill positions and overall depth. I am a UT graduate and long time season ticket holder, but also a realist. Realistically we are a 6-6 team at best, and that requires winning three of our last four games (which ain't going to be easy).

Reactions: 1 person
@TennesseeBeat: Gary Danielson on CBS conference call previewing Vols-Florida: "(UT) just doesn't match up in the talent department anymore."

@TennesseeBeat: More Danielson: "If it becomes a game where Tennessee depends on their quarterback to win it...they don’t have a chance."

@TennesseeBeat: Last Danielson quote: "(Vols) have a veteran offensive line and have to convince Florida that they are at least a threat running the ball."

I already hate Danielson. In a way these comments make me hate him more, but at the same time, none of its really false. I tend to disagree about the talent, just the depth. None the less, I'm sure Danielson will be all over some gator nuts from the get go. Hate listening to this tool call a game.

I don't like him either...but he's spot on. We don't match up depth wise, but our first teamers don't match up talent wise either. In spots yes...but across the board no. Florida will always have great talent.

Last edited:
not sure why so many people take it personal. they pay him for his opinion i think he has spoke highly of ut in the past, but currently there is really nothing to speak highly of. other than we can pass block ok.

not sure why so many people take it personal. they pay him for his opinion i think he has spoke highly of ut in the past, but currently there is really nothing to speak highly of. other than we can pass block ok.

Agreed. If UT wants to stop getting s**t on by the media, they need to stop getting s**t on by the opposition. It's not brain surgery. UT sucks at the moment. No need to sugar coat a damn thing.

Reactions: 3 people
He can be annoying at times but unfortunately what he said is all true and sometimes the truth hurts.

VN Store

Back