Debate thread

The VP has to get the party started

Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
They dont. That's the way I read it too.

It's either / or. But Congress has to vote with 2/3rds passage so it's moot.

Reactions: volfanhill
They don't have the votes.
Takes 2/3rds vote.

So, they can invoke which is worthless.

Much like Luther. Zing.
Which means they only need 1/3 of the D's.
R's get it rolling and work to get 1/3 of the D's on board.

They would love to invoke the 25th, to get him out of the office i.e. coup. And then they set the precedent that the Republicans did it first to get Trump out if their new nominee lost.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

At this point, you let it burn.

You asked for it Luther.
OK.
I said it was a little late.............so we agree.

they don't have the power but D's do - Harris and the cabinet could make it happen. Best Rs could do is pass something out of the House but it is entirely dependent on D's getting on board.

D's want to lead? Show some leadership.

You think it should happen but the people you want someone other than the people you support to do it? Man up.
What Luther is doing is usual song and dance around is democrats don’t want Harris as POTUS any more than republicans do

They dont. That's the way I read it too.

It's either / or. But Congress has to vote with 2/3rds passage so it's moot.
I read it as VP and either majority of cabinet or other body congress deems
VP required either way

But it doesn't matter

Reactions: McDad
Per usual you want the R's to take your trash out for you

He's gonna blame you as soon as you take it out than come over to your house and take your car and tell you he thought it was trash.

These people are so predictable.

"Hey guys, you should all get together and storm the white house and get him out of there"

I read it as VP and either majority of cabinet or other body congress deems
VP required either way

But it doesn't matter

the 2/3rds appears to be to convene a review panel that would make the decision. basically, sounds like Congress cannot invoke the 25th - they can only agree with it's invocation or create a panel to make the decision.

otoh - the E-branch can do it right now.

Reactions: volfanhill
Someone in the 2020 Biden campaign was doing some smart headwork by choosing Kamala. If it had been anyone else on the primary stage it wouldn’t even be a conversation now. The 25th would had been invoked in 2021.

VN Store

Back