Debate thread

Why would Rs go for it?

According to the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, the vice president and a majority of Cabinet members can vote to declare a commander in chief “unable to discharge the powers and the duties of his office” and hand the duties of the president to the vice president.
so you are saying this is trump's fault since he got all those cabinet members in their positions?

Why would Rs go for it?

According to the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, the vice president and a majority of Cabinet members can vote to declare a commander in chief “unable to discharge the powers and the duties of his office” and hand the duties of the president to the vice president.
Maybe because R's believe he is incompetent. Isn't it their duty to act on that belief?

let's see - 72% of the country thinks POTUS is unfit. D's control the mechanisms to oust him and claim to be serving the people. Want R's to take the lead on ousting Biden.

awesome
lol....Try breaking that 72% down a little bit.

Maybe because R's believe he is incompetent. Isn't it their duty to act on that belief?

they don't have the power but D's do - Harris and the cabinet could make it happen. Best Rs could do is pass something out of the House but it is entirely dependent on D's getting on board.

D's want to lead? Show some leadership.

You think it should happen but the people you want someone other than the people you support to do it? Man up.

I think the Constitution says it has to start with either the president, vice president and a majority of the principal officers in the cabinet.

Then, Congress gets to decide via vote.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
let's see - 72% of the country thinks POTUS is unfit. D's control the mechanisms to oust him and claim to be serving the people. Want R's to take the lead on ousting Biden.

awesome
Yeah. I'm not following this either.

they don't have the power but D's do - Harris and the cabinet could make it happen. Best Rs could do is pass something out of the House but it is entirely dependent on D's getting on board.

D's want to lead? Show some leadership.

You think it should happen but the people you want someone other than the people you support to do it? Man up.
LOL - repubs control the house, they can do it......where's MTG?

All of your posts remain me we live in a glorified Banana Republic.

It was everyone's duty to do this years ago, you don't care if he isn't competent until he didn't serve a purpose.

"Hey Republicans, please unwind our fraud, corrupt and traitor-ish behavior"

I think the Constitution says it has to start with either the president, vice president and a majority of the principal officers in the cabinet.

Then, Congress gets to decide via vote.

Section 4​

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Reactions: McDad
You cant pass the buck

"Subsequently, the decision was made to vest such a power within the Cabinet, while providing Congress with the power to arbitrate any disputes between a president and the Cabinet concerning the president’s ability to discharge the duties of office.

As a result, invoking Section Four requires the vice president and a majority of the Cabinet to declare the president unable to discharge the duties of office. Thus, both Vice President Kamala Harris and a majority of the Biden-appointed Cabinet would have to declare a belief that Biden is mentally unfit to discharge his duties. This is the first and most significant hurdle, as any vice president will be inherently reluctant to level such a claim, due to perceptions of being a usurper to the Oval Office."

Congress can't impeach bc he's senile

The Constitution gives Congress the power to impeach federal officials. An official can be impeached for treason, bribery, and “oth

No child, using nonsense and hyperbole you saw someone else use is intellectual laziness. Try thinking for yourself and stop being a tool of the MSM.
Another right wing talking point, blame the media. It’s rich of you saying I need to think for myself when your entire existence revolves around this forum which is a MAGA circle jerk. It’s your safe space, begging for validation.

some reading - hard to see how R's could invoke the 25th but whatever I guess

Section 4​

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
I missed that. I read the other section about Congress having four days.

some reading - hard to see how R's could invoke the 25th but whatever I guess

They don't have the votes.
Takes 2/3rds vote.

So, they can invoke which is worthless.

Much like Luther. Zing.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
awaiting the spin on this

The most recent guidance from the Congressional Research Service identifies the amendment’s potential use. The report from 2018 includes concepts discussed during the congressional debates about the 25th Amendment in the 1960s.

The CRS says a majority of current or acting heads of 15 cabinet positions would need to agree with the vice president to invoke the 25th Amendment. The other potential actor, a disability review panel, would need to be established by a statute that is signed by the president, or if vetoed, approved by two-thirds of the House and Senate. That panel is not currently established.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
They don't have the votes.
Takes 2/3rds vote.

So, they can invoke which is worthless.

Much like Luther. Zing.
The VP has to get the party started

Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

They would love to invoke the 25th, to get him out of the office i.e. coup. And then they set the precedent that the Republicans did it first to get Trump out if their new nominee lost.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

At this point, you let it burn.

You asked for it Luther.

VN Store

Back