Did you want Bray to return or glad someone new is going to play QB?

I would love to have the talent, experience and arm strength. But I am glad we don't have his work ethic, attitude or the smug persona of entitlement he exuded during his junior year.

For the betterment of the program and new direction, I think it was best for all involved that he left.

^^This

If we have to see Worely or a true freshman play with these new recievers you will be wishing for Bray.....

I don't think Butch would have tolerated a half ass attempt from Bray and it would have done Bray a lot of good.....and Dobbs could have redshirted this year and been the starter next year...and we wouldn't have missed a beat at the QB position...

If we have to see Worely or a true freshman play with these new recievers you will be wishing for Bray.....

I don't think Butch would have tolerated a half ass attempt from Bray and it would have done Bray a lot of good.....and Dobbs could have redshirted this year and been the starter next year...and we wouldn't have missed a beat at the QB position...

I will not be wishing for Bray - I've seen young boys in high school with crappy coaches behave with more maturity that that young man.

Good move for him not much of a team player and perfect player for an idiot of a coach.Thank goodness they are both gone.Time for all to move on no more whatever the scouts kind of showed everyone what they thought of him.Everybodys coaching pick Gruden kind of picked him apart.Can we please move on.Go Vols

People on this site are amazing. We had a shot at having an experienced record breaking quarterback coming back to play for a real football coach and some people did not want that? Amazing.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone who didn't want Bray to return is an absolute fool.

I agree.

I'm really gonna miss the passion he brought to the games. That desire to make those around him better.

All those 4th quarter come backs and 2 minute game winning drives he pulled off against...the poor girl who got her car trashed.:eek:lol:

I hope he makes it in KC, but if he doesn't, it's good to know a local radio station is always looking for a VFL on air personality.

Reactions: 1 person

Spell his name right for your post to be credible.

Bray was a bad ass QB that suffered because of his idiot HC. If Bray would've had a competent coach we would still have that said coach, and yes Barbara, your son sucks.

A lot of you guys say your glad he is gone or good riddance but Bray with a 7 in preparation for a game was 10 times better than Worley when he played while Bray was hurt..It would have benefitted UT a lot for him to return.do you ever think his game preparation was a reflection of the coach. And dools had giving up. I really think under CBJ that Bray would have played a lot better. UT has a great offensive line now but they were all young and inexperienced when Bray was a freshmen but Bray had some really experienced wide outs. I also think that Bray would have made these inexperienced wide outs get better faster .With out Bray .I believe that teams will stack the box against the run and dare the inexperienced qb and inexperienced wide outs to beat them and I just hope they can. I am not at all sold on Worley. and I think with the low expectations that everyone has of UT that Peterman or Dobbs should get most of the playing time.The VOLS really need a rb to run for 1200 yards and the 2nd rb needs 700 plus and the rest of the backs need 400 plus. The Vols need to average between 215 and 265 rushing yards per gam and hope they can get around 200 yards a game through the air They also need to be plus 10 or more in turnover margin and the special teams really needs to be special.i hope we score a lot of touchdowns but when they do not they need 88%fg percentage limit big returns on punts and kick offs, for that matter give up about 7 less 25 yards or longer plays than last year .it seemed like every team the Vols played had 10 or 11 play over 25 a game and 3 or 4 over 40 yard plays a game .

Last edited:
I personally think the humble pie that he was served during the draft went a long way. If he had stayed...I don't know that he would have embraced the change the way Butch would've needed him to.

I understand the frustration and ambivalence which some fans feel toward Bray. In my mind, however, there is no doubt that Tyler would have benefitted immensely from another year of college experience. There simply is no such thing as too much experience for a college quarterback hoping to embark upon a career in the NFL. Tyler would have either elevated his overall game under Butch's direction or suffered the consequences. As for what Tyler would have brought to the offense, it is difficult enough to break in an entirely new receiving corps. Having an experienced quarterback under center would have minimized the overall offensive growing pains somewhat.

A lot of you guys say your glad he is gone or good riddance but Bray with a 7 in preparation for a game was 10 times better than Worley when he played while Bray was hurt..

No...wait...the 7 in preparation was what he said he'd improved to post his college experience. He wasn't giving a 7 in effort until the combine.

Bama is winning national titles with QB's who don't have Bray's arm.

The people saying no to Bray have obviously forgotten the Crompton and Simms days.......although Kiffin did work a miracle with Crompton in his last season...but there was a time when it was very rare to see the UT offense get a first down against anyone...last year's offense was elite by all means...just happened to be paired with the worst D ever....imagine how good Bray would have been under someone like Cutcliffe or Kiffin.......i shudder to think of the possibilities......you don't have to be a rocket scientist nor a workaholic to be a great college QB...think Jemarcus Russell....Vince Young...the list goes on and on...natural talent paired with great coaching goes a very very long way....anyone who says they wish Bray wasn't coming back this year is a complete fool.

The people saying no to Bray have obviously forgotten the Crompton and Simms days.......although Kiffin did work a miracle with Crompton in his last season...but there was a time when it was very rare to see the UT offense get a first down against anyone...last year's offense was elite by all means...just happened to be paired with the worst D ever....imagine how good Bray would have been under someone like Cutcliffe or Kiffin.......i shudder to think of the possibilities......you don't have to be a rocket scientist nor a workaholic to be a great college QB...think Jemarcus Russell....Vince Young...the list goes on and on...natural talent paired with great coaching goes a very very long way....anyone who says they wish Bray wasn't coming back this year is a complete fool.

I'd rather not have head case punk on the team. If that means Tennessee has a hard time for a bit so be it.

People on this site are amazing. We had a shot at having an experienced record breaking quarterback coming back to play for a real football coach and some people did not want that? Amazing.

Yeah WE made a big mistake declaring for the draft!...Maybe Bray would have flourished this next season with some discipline and coaching up by the new staff and actually get drafted...but he made the decision and people not all wrung out with grief get labeled FOOLS? I hope the one brain cell Bray has left gets developed and he becomes an All Pro...but if he doesn't I'll sleep just fine...say that reminds me...back to bed
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Like many vols fans I got frustrated with bray at times, but he was very talented and fun to watch and like it or not he was a best chance to win. It sickens me to see vols fans bash him yet forgetting he's still only a college kid and is still growing.

I wish he would have stayed. Not only would it have helped our team going into this year. But I think it would have really helped brays growth and future. He would have gained a coach he can trust. He would have someone to really work him to improve him, I just think that coach jones would have done wonders with this kids maturity and the extra year would have helped his draft stock.

As fans we get so concerned with our teams results we forget about the kids and their futures.

VN Store

Back