Disband CFP Committee

Sugar bowl is better than the Orange
Clemson is a better, more high profile opponent, than Kansas State.

What matters is: we're in an NY6 Bowl. We're playing a national brand team, Clemson. It's about recruiting.

It's about establishing TN as a national power again. Ranking #6 and beating Clemson is a great start to reestablishing TN as a destination for great recruits.

Clemson is a better, more high profile opponent, than Kansas State.

What matters is: we're in an NY6 Bowl. We're playing a national brand team, Clemson. It's about recruiting.

It's about establishing TN as a national power again. Ranking #6 and beating Clemson is a great start to reestablishing TN as a destination for great recruits.
Therein lies the rub. Beating Clemson will be no small feat for us. We'll have to play our very best to have a chance.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I mean if this collection of nimwits doesn’t know college football, who does?
  • Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky athletics director
  • Tom Burman, Wyoming athletics director
  • Boo Corrigan, NC State athletics director
  • Rick George, Colorado athletics director
  • Chet Gladchuk, Navy athletics director
  • Jim Grobe, former head coach at Baylor/Wake Forest/Ohio
  • Warde Manuel, Michigan athletics director
  • Will Shields, former Nebraska offensive lineman
  • Gene Taylor, Kansas State athletics director
  • Joe Taylor, Virginia Union University vice president of athletics and community wellness
  • John Urschel, former Penn State offensive lineman
  • Rod West, former Notre Dame linebacker
  • Kelly Whiteside, Montclair State associate professor in sports media and journalism
This. Watching so many people whine and cry over this is laughable. Beat SC and Tennessee is easily in the playoffs.

Beating UGA would have had us in.
I was there two months ago and it is a hell hole. Crime out of control. Really shady people hanging out on the street. Didn’t feel safe walking anywhere near the Quarter. I wouldn’t go back unless I absolutely had to.
Sounds like Nashville...🤣

Reactions: tn4elvis
. Almost a third world country I’ve heard. Crime is horrible too. I’ve just always thought the Sugar Bowl was the top bowl for the SEC with the old tie ins with the SEC champ used to go there almost every year
In the old days , yes the Sugar was king for an SEC team. And it technically still is in the tie-ins. Like a lot of things though, it ain’t the old days. If you ain’t in the playoffs, it doesn’t matter unless you get stuck in the G-5 game. I’d rather go to South Florida in a great atmosphere against Clemson. Gonna literally be electric orange all over the place.

About the only people who think Tennessee should even sniff the playoffs are Tennessee fans. That's fairly consistent from most corners. Reese Davis mentioned he had to lobby for Tennessee to even have their resume on the screen.

We had the worst resume of the 4 teams looking to get in, in the top 6. A last second victory over Alabama at home is not enough to change that. It's a game that could've gone either way.

Therein lies the rub. Beating Clemson will be no small feat for us. We'll have to play our very best to have a chance.
Bottom line: you are what you are. If we're not there yet, the only real way to know that is play up to the challenges.

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.

I'd rather play a challenging bowl than have everything to lose and nothing to gain playing a G5 in the Cotton Bowl.

Reactions: Delmar
About the only people who think Tennessee should even sniff the playoffs are Tennessee fans. That's fairly consistent from most corners. Reese Davis mentioned he had to lobby for Tennessee to even have their resume on the screen.

We had the worst resume of the 4 teams looking to get in, in the top 6. A last second victory over Alabama at home is not enough to change that. It's a game that could've gone either way.

Our resume is better than Alabama's and by a wide margin. Beating a team head to head is the ultimate trump card in football. It's the nuclear bomb for deciding championships.

If ad money is that important shouldn’t Tennessee be in as weren’t two of the top watched games this year involved Tennessee?

I didn't say it was ONLY about ad money, so I'm not sure why you're focusing solely on that.

In the old days , yes the Sugar was king for an SEC team. And it technically still is in the tie-ins. Like a lot of things though, it ain’t the old days. If you ain’t in the playoffs, it doesn’t matter unless you get stuck in the G-5 game. I’d rather go to South Florida in a great atmosphere against Clemson. Gonna literally be electric orange all over the place.
I would think the Orange Bowl would be better than the Sugar for Recruiting purposes.

Reactions: loservol and Delmar

We had good wins against Pitt, Kentucky, Florida , LSU and Bama now remember all those teams were ranked at the time, the media and pundits soured and turned on us after the South Carolina game debacle.

Our resume is better than Alabama's and by a wide margin. Beating a team head to head is the ultimate trump card in football. It's the nuclear bomb for deciding championships.

Apparently not based on the CFP which is all that matters now.

I didn't say it was ONLY about ad money, so I'm not sure why you're focusing solely on that.

Only because I have always felt that it has always been conference politics and the only time it wasn’t was during the computer years.

When I was in school I would go to the game and then watch the nationally televised game and think how much better that we and/or our SEC opponent looked than the ranked big 10 teams.

Hopefully that explains my response.

Watching the CFP interview with Sonny Dykes hoping someone would ask if he knows how to run an under center QB sneak with the best player on his team.

The guy could be undefeated.

Reactions: tn4elvis
If SOS doesn’t matter, then why are we ranked ahead of Penn State, USC, Clemson and several others with 2 losses???

We had good wins against Pitt, Kentucky, Florida , LSU and Bama now remember all those teams were ranked at the time, the media and pundits soured and turned on us after the South Carolina game debacle.

Yeah pretty much.

VN Store

Back