Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

Injured my knees so bad at 16 and 20 that I was told the only solution was knee replacement. I am just 33 and I have lived with serious knee pain for more than half my life. It takes a toll.

Running probably ain't the best when trying to delay a knee replacement.

Lifting weights is a better way to maintain. And swimming is a better option for a lower impact cardio.
I put on weight lifting weights. Even doing self weight exercises paired with cardio wasnt doing it.

Swimming isnt nearly as convient. Only way I am able to get consistent running in is to make it part of my commute to and from work. I would have to get up even earlier to get swimming in. And I also have a bum shoulder that makes anything above my head darn near impossible. I could still some shorter strokes in, giggity, but swimming isnt as maintainable as running.

I have considered biking. But everyone I talk to down here that bikes seriously has been hit by a car. No thank you.

Reactions: VolNExile
I put on weight lifting weights. Even doing self weight exercises paired with cardio wasnt doing it.

Swimming isnt nearly as convient. Only way I am able to get consistent running in is to make it part of my commute to and from work. I would have to get up even earlier to get swimming in. And I also have a bum shoulder that makes anything above my head darn near impossible. I could still some shorter strokes in, giggity, but swimming isnt as maintainable as running.

I have considered biking. But everyone I talk to down here that bikes seriously has been hit by a car. No thank you.

Sounds like your youth is coming back with a vengeance.

Anyone found allergies to be really bad this autumn? I was doing a trail race on Saturday and I had to stop and walk at the 5k mark because my throat had clamped up. I’ve had a lot more asthma flare ups than I typically do. Frustrating.

Listen to yourself and do your thing.
I’ve been told a lot of things that I can’t or shouldn’t do by the nitwits over the years.
Since I know you personally I’m confident that you’re going to do what you do.

Anyone found allergies to be really bad this autumn? I was doing a trail race on Saturday and I had to stop and walk at the 5k mark because my throat had clamped up. I’ve had a lot more asthma flare ups than I typically do. Frustrating.
I read that the evergreen pollen is just awful this fall

Sounds like your youth is coming back with a vengeance.
Bad genes. My dad had the exact same issues. He is even telling me what to expect next.

The shoulder thing is relatively new, happened when I really got into exercise as a way to lose weight. Tried doing too much.

Listen to yourself and do your thing.
I’ve been told a lot of things that I can’t or shouldn’t do by the nitwits over the years.
Since I know you personally I’m confident that you’re going to do what you do.
Yeah. I am sticking to what works for me. I was going to need knee replacement no matter what. Might as well enjoy losing weight, and make it work for me.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I couldn’t swim this week. The pool was closed to the public for a swim meet. I’ll get back on track next week. I just walked uphill on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I’ll do it again on Sunday.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back